Start by marking “How Many Bugs in a Box? (Mini Edition): A Pop-up Counting Book” as Want to Read:
How Many Bugs in a Box? (Mini Edition): A Pop-up Counting Book

How Many Bugs in a Box? (Mini Edition): A Pop-up Counting Book (Bugs)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Here is the book that started the Bugs phenomenon! Inside each bright box are bugs to count from one to ten. Bugs fans will laugh and learn as they lift open the boxes and find colorful, comical bugs that pop out, run, eat -- and even swim! How Many Bugs in a Box? will keep children counting over and over again.
Novelty Book, 20 pages
Published January 1st 2006 by Little Simon (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about How Many Bugs in a Box? (Mini Edition), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Many Bugs in a Box? (Mini Edition)

Randi Johnson
David A Carter wrote a great book using boxes full of bug to help children learn to count. The book counts one through ten giving each page a new excitement from the surprises in order to figuring out how many bugs are on each page. As you flip through the pages on the left side there is a the same wording of the question “how many bugs are in the box?” The twists to each of these pages are the describing words along with the question. Some of these describing words are used to describe the colo ...more
Betsy
Best Pop-Up Books Ever!

I've purchased almost every title in this series and have yet to be disappointed by any of them. My 8-year old son requests to read them again and again and again, and now that he's reading on his own - likes to read them to himself.

Now that he's older, he is also very careful not to tear the pop-ups, but I've got to admit that there are a few titles we've bought more than once. He probably got his first pop-up book at the age of two - and although the pop-ups are quite st
Kayla Quinn
This story is about how many bugs are in different hiding places. it is a pop up book, and children learn better by doing. I would have the class do a hands on activity using the book. The counting of how many books will be more interesting and the counting will become easier.
Michelle
Oct 26, 2007 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents with young children
Shelves: tiny-humans
This is one of the cutest books I've ever read. A friend gave it to me one year for my birthday. I used to read it to my stepson over and over. Then I lost it in the divorce, which was ok if he still enjoys reading them.
Michael D.
This entertaining, yet simple pop-up counting book, introduces the concept of capacity as each pop-up box holds a specific number of bugs. Pre-K students learn to count and how much each box can hold.
Tiffany
This book could be used to teach very young students how to count. I wouldn't say it's the best to be used, but I really love the Bug pop up books. They are so cute and engaging and kids love them!
Denise
While I am a fan of interactive books, Carter's pop-up was just okay. I would rather the insects would have been true to life, rather than the imaginative ones he created.
Nikki Nielsen
This book is dang cute, and even better read aloud by the author himself. David Carter was at our Barnes and Noble for story time this morning and I took my kids to listen.
Carly
This was my first pop-up book. Lots of fun - would recommend to children!
Missy
This is how I learned how to count, and how to read. :)
Olson Family Matters
Madelyn had fun with this one!
Lydia
Be careful with the saw bugs!
Amanda
Very cool counting book.
Angela J Ocampo
Angela J Ocampo marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Bugs (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Alpha Bugs
  • Bugs at Play
  • Bugs at Work
  • Bugs in Space : Starring Captain Bug Rogers
  • Bugs on the Go
600 Black Spots One Red Dot: A Pop-Up Book for Children of All Ages Love Bugs Easter Bugs Yellow Square