Start by marking “How Many Bugs in a Box?: A Pop-up Counting Book” as Want to Read:
How Many Bugs in a Box?: A Pop-up Counting Book

How Many Bugs in a Box?: A Pop-up Counting Book (Bugs)

Here is the book that started the Bugs phenomenon! Inside each bright box are bugs to count from one to ten. Bugs fans will laugh and learn as they lift open the boxes and find colorful, comical bugs that pop out, run, eat -- and even swim! How Many Bugs in a Box? will keep children counting over and over again.
Novelty Book, 20 pages
Published January 1st 2006 by Little Simon (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about How Many Bugs in a Box?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Many Bugs in a Box?

Randi Johnson
Mar 15, 2015 Randi Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David A Carter wrote a great book using boxes full of bug to help children learn to count. The book counts one through ten giving each page a new excitement from the surprises in order to figuring out how many bugs are on each page. As you flip through the pages on the left side there is a the same wording of the question “how many bugs are in the box?” The twists to each of these pages are the describing words along with the question. Some of these describing words are used to describe the colo ...more
Betsy
Aug 13, 2013 Betsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Pop-Up Books Ever!

I've purchased almost every title in this series and have yet to be disappointed by any of them. My 8-year old son requests to read them again and again and again, and now that he's reading on his own - likes to read them to himself.

Now that he's older, he is also very careful not to tear the pop-ups, but I've got to admit that there are a few titles we've bought more than once. He probably got his first pop-up book at the age of two - and although the pop-ups are quite st
Kayla Quinn
This story is about how many bugs are in different hiding places. it is a pop up book, and children learn better by doing. I would have the class do a hands on activity using the book. The counting of how many books will be more interesting and the counting will become easier.
Michelle
Oct 26, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents with young children
Shelves: tiny-humans
This is one of the cutest books I've ever read. A friend gave it to me one year for my birthday. I used to read it to my stepson over and over. Then I lost it in the divorce, which was ok if he still enjoys reading them.
Michael D.
This entertaining, yet simple pop-up counting book, introduces the concept of capacity as each pop-up box holds a specific number of bugs. Pre-K students learn to count and how much each box can hold.
Denise
While I am a fan of interactive books, Carter's pop-up was just okay. I would rather the insects would have been true to life, rather than the imaginative ones he created.
Nikki Nielsen
Mar 05, 2008 Nikki Nielsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-book
This book is dang cute, and even better read aloud by the author himself. David Carter was at our Barnes and Noble for story time this morning and I took my kids to listen.
Carly
Mar 27, 2009 Carly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile
This was my first pop-up book. Lots of fun - would recommend to children!
Missy
Apr 15, 2010 Missy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is how I learned how to count, and how to read. :)
Olson Family Matters
Madelyn had fun with this one!
Lydia
Jan 03, 2013 Lydia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Be careful with the saw bugs!
Amanda
Oct 20, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books, 123
Very cool counting book.
Theresa
a pop up math book
Sarah Maxfield
Sarah Maxfield marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Jolie Jones
Jolie Jones rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Aug 23, 2016
Sarah added it
Jul 26, 2016
PAUL
PAUL marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Calvin
Calvin marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Alicia
Alicia added it
Jul 06, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Library
Library rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Niamh Griffin
Niamh Griffin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Bugs (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Alpha Bugs