Start by marking “Out Of Time” as Want to Read:
Out Of Time

Out Of Time (Casey Jones Mysteries #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Meet Casey Jones--an unlicensed, no-nonsense private detective who hides 160 pounds of muscle with an in-your-face femme fatale style. She's bold, she's bad and, most of all, she's nobody's fool. Underneath her wise-cracking, 100% Southern exterior, there beats a 14-karat heart with a definite spot for life's losers. With the brains to take on any challenge and the guts to ...more
ebook
Published March 28th 2011 by Smashwords (first published August 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Out Of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of Time

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This is the second novel in the series about a private investigator (ok, she is faking it, but..) that finds herself involved in a serious case.

Casey Jones is hired by a family clan (women) to try and do the impossible. The job? Remove Gail Honeycutt from death row within a month. Casey is flummoxed but takes the case when she senses that Gail is, indeed, not guilty.

This book was filled with action, murdered victims, police force inquiries, and more. The book to me, however, would have been impr
Ann Marie
Katy was a new author to me. I really enjoyed this book. She reminds me a little of Fanny Flagg because she has a slow, southern detail way of painting a scene. Hence, I could "see" everything she was trying to tell me. Casey Jones, the private investigator, was fabulous. She's gritty, funny and sometimes her confidence wavers, which makes her a very believable character. A complicated mystery involving dead police officers, a judge and a woman at the end of the line on death row. Every characte ...more
Marti
On balance, the main character, Casey Jones, an unlicensed private eye with a somewhat shady past, was easy to like if more than bit unbelievable. The basic story line is that Casey has been approached by the family of a woman on death row in law and order North Carolina and there's only a month until her execution date. It comes down fairly neutral on the death penalty itself. Some of the prose contained within the book was enjoyable, especially since I've lived in North Carolina in the past.
Diana Donnelly
I really enjoyed this. I'm a big fan of Janet Evanovich and Katy's writing style was similar. She had the same type of humor and I grew fond of the characters as If formed a picture of what they looked like in my head. Found myself smiling often. I've have only read this one book by the author but would certainly like to read another.
Vfields used to be Happy!
I enjoyed the romp Katy Munger took me on. Sometimes its nice to just chill and flow with the mystery. Casey Jones is 160lbs of woman, trying to get the job done even if "they" tell her to Fugedaboutit! I wish this series had been better received because I feel Munger has more to say!
I wasn't very impressed by this book, though I thought it was better than the first book in the series. The main character is interesting & likeable but the whole storyline feels formulaic. Yes, I know mystery is a formula of sorts, but I guess I expect a little more creativity.
Marta Acosta
I can't remember how I first came across Katy Munger's series, but I always thought she deserved better covers and better recognition. She's very funny, but the humor is never at the expense of real warmth for her characters. Lovely funny addictive chick detective stories.
Carolyn (in SC) C234D
The second Casey Jones mystery. I guess I really liked the first, since I read this one a month later. Can't remember details (it was more than ten years ago) but I noted that I "enjoyed it a lot."
Jami Denton
fun READ and well-drawn characters, but munger needs a better editor. At the end I was skipping whole paragraghs because it was so wordy. fun, nonetheless.
Leigh
Out of Time: A Casey Jones Mystery (Casey Jones Mysteries) by Katy Munger (1998)
Donna Thompson
Donna Thompson marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Lissy
Lissy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Oct 24, 2014
Judy
Judy added it
Oct 26, 2014
Harvina Britain
Harvina Britain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Sharon McCoy Bell
Sharon McCoy Bell marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Alice Gottschall
Alice Gottschall marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • The Stolen
  • Another, Vol. 04
  • Illegal Magic
  • Beside the Sea
  • The Tarot Cafe, #5
  • Pepper Pike (Milan Jacovich, #1)
  • Les Bijoux, Volume 1
  • Act of Betrayal (Britt Montero, #4)
  • The Mancode: Exposed
  • Shake Down (Jack Davis Mystery, #1)
  • The Folks at Fifty-Eight
  • The Absence of Nectar
  • Complètement cramé!
  • Tough Cookie
  • The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun
  • Pretty Boy (Sam Jones, #7)
Wrote two of the Dead Detective series under the pseudonym Chaz McGee and the rest under her own name.
More about Katy Munger...
Legwork Money to Burn (Casey Jones Mysteries #3) Bad to the Bone Better Off Dead: A Casey Jones Mystery Bad Moon On The Rise