Start by marking “Silly Street” as Want to Read:
Silly Street

Silly Street

Silly Street, by Foxworthy, Jeff
Published March 1st 2009 by HarperCollins (first published February 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Silly Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silly Street

Jessica Reynolds
Feb 28, 2017 Jessica Reynolds rated it really liked it
Poetry: This was a fun read. I loved the different rhymes and the way they all connected by being on silly street. I also liked that it made silly things sound fun and acceptable. There are some words that students may not understand or be able to read without help.
Andrea Boyd
Jul 25, 2014 Andrea Boyd rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This book is a collection of poems written by Jeff Foxworthy, all centered around Silly Street. The first time I read through it I skimmed it and read the poems out of order. Doing this, I was not too impressed by the book in general. I soon noticed though that all of the poems are related and are best read from the beginning. Once you start reading from the beginning you see that it tells of a day on Silly Street and each poem is built upon the previous poem. The poems are enjoyable and silly a ...more
Mansour
Apr 14, 2016 Mansour rated it liked it
The genre of this book is poetry. The age range for this poem 3-8. This poem are funny and silly poems by the author Jeff Foxworthy, this book is really great for all ages. The plot of this book circles around a young boy set on many adventures in one day, hes here and there hes everywere. There where alot of characters in this book, you had a young boy, other young children, parents, and animals. The theme of this book is just havng fun. The illustration in this poem was very good, the color wa ...more
Nicole
Apr 06, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
Nicole E
Nov 29, 2016 Nicole E rated it it was amazing
This is a book written by Jeff Foxworthy with a collection of poems about a silly street in a town. Jeff is a comedian who likes to write poetry for young readers. The poems in this book are quite comical and fun to read. My favorite one in this book is called "Butterflies" it is about a tree with leaves that are made of butterflies. The poems are a mix of fantasy and contemporary. The illustrator, Steve Bjorkman, creates the perfect illustrations to accompany the poems. His watercolor illustrat ...more
Ch_hayley Medsker
Mar 14, 2010 Ch_hayley Medsker rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Silly Street by the comedian Jeff Foxworthy will be sure to entertain and provoke laughter from elementary aged children. In this collection of about 30 poems, Silly Street's everyday occurances will be sure to cause giggles. The uncertainty and uncanny are common throughout this book. The rhyme and rhthym is mediocre. Yet, the cartoon-esque illustrations are visually appealing. Sometimes, I feel that students think that poetry is serious, personal, or confusing. I like to incorporate and introd ...more
Sara Thompson
Jul 06, 2011 Sara Thompson rated it really liked it
I don't normally post children's books unless they really catch my attention. I was a little shocked when I picked up this book from the library. It's a rather young children's book and not the juvenile literature I was expecting.
However, it was a really fun read. There were maybe 10 poems in this collection but every one caused me to giggle. It reminds me of Shel Silverstein and made me really wish it was longer.
It's an early reader book so nearly anyone can read this book. It's silly and funn
Mary Ann
Jul 05, 2009 Mary Ann rated it it was ok
These poems remind me of Dr Seuss in a way, with lots of predictable rhyming. But it doesn't quite have the wackiness or off the wall appeal of Dr. Seuss or Shel Silverstein.
"In the heart of the city
Is a place people meet
It's this and it's that
And it's called Silly Street.
There are snowballs for sale
If you feel like throwing,
And bubbles to buy
If you feel like blowing.
If you like to jump rope,
There are plenty to use.
There are cots in the shade
If you're needing a snooze."
But kids will enjoy the rh
Rachel Mclean
Sep 27, 2012 Rachel Mclean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You may pick up this book and see that it's by Jeff Foxworthy and be a little bit confused, I can admit I was. I love him as a comedian but I didn't know how he'd be as a poet. After the second poem I read, I was hooked! All of his poems are in fact funny just like he is, but in a cute kind of way. I actually found myself giggling to myself a few times to be completely honest. Jeff did a good job of making the tone of poems with a more serious meaning to them, more fun so kids will definitely en ...more
April Castle
Apr 25, 2011 April Castle rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This book of poems is about a places you can visit and see on "silly street." It has poems about shops and parades. There are lots of adventures to explore and do. There is people, places, and things to do. This book could help create ideas for a place of poems or stories a student would like to write about. This could help students think about things they see when they are different at places.
Amber
Apr 30, 2013 Amber marked it as to-read
Shelves: mere-childs-play
"Silly Street might as well be heaven for kids with vivid imaginations who love to act goofy. This story is a collection of poems written about the wild antics and silly happenings that occur on Silly Street. The rhyming pattern will remind you of a Dr. Seuss book, and has a comparable level of creativity and playfulness. Best for: Ages 4-7"
Tawanda
Apr 17, 2012 Tawanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because I felt the poems touched on things that children go through. The pictures are bright and colorful which would grab any young readers attention. The poems are not too long and would keep the reader interested in finishing the book. Each poem is only one page long in length.
Mikayla Mackert
Oct 09, 2012 Mikayla Mackert rated it really liked it
Silly Street is a book of poems by Jeff Foxworthy. I think this book is very fun and entertaing for young children. The poems are very humorous. It may be a good way to get children to read if they like a good laugh. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Katie Webb
Oct 03, 2012 Katie Webb rated it it was amazing
Love this book! I think it is really cool that is was written by Jeff Foxworthy. It is really funny because of the ridiculous things that are on Silly Street for kids to do. I think young students would love this book because if this Silly Street was real it would be a dream come true for them.
Wickedshizuku
Dec 19, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 1st graders and up
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: my son
This was long winded. I was halfway through the book when I realized they were poems. (duh, you've been reading too much that everything is starting to meld together, says I.) Classic Foxworthy fart humor. The boys will love it!
Kara
May 26, 2011 Kara rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
My five year old loved it. :) We read it and then thought of our own silly places on Silly Street. Tomorrow we're going to draw another page for the book... It is a fun book of poetry with the unexpectedness of Shel Silverstein mixed with the rhythm of Dr. Seuss. Very fun.
Molly
May 13, 2009 Molly rated it did not like it
Ok so I did not like the first. Umm still don't like the second. He should stay with his thing for adults. Boring and just not that good. Yuck. Ages 4+
Kristina
Nov 20, 2016 Kristina rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a cute book. I thought that the poems were cute. I would recommend this book to others.
Feb 08, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, rhyming
I love this book. It is a book full of short poems about shops and events that happen on "Silly Street." This book would be really fun to read as a read-aloud to the class.
Lisa
Jun 10, 2010 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This was a cross between Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss. I liked it, thought it was ok... but wouldn't run out to buy it or read it again. Hannah on the other hand thought it was very funny.
Ladyacct
Jan 26, 2011 Ladyacct rated it it was ok
It was okay, will keep an young one entertained but will need to read it to them. Older children probably would be entertained for a minute.
Keziah
Dec 17, 2014 Keziah rated it liked it
Shelves: t-l-544
(Poetry) This is certainly a silly book! I found the poems to be very simplistic, but I am sure kids enjoy them!
Erudire4life
Erudire4life rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2013
Athena
Athena rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2011
Morgen Love
Morgen Love rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2014
D. Hoggatt
D. Hoggatt rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Kim Amberg
Kim Amberg rated it it was ok
Nov 17, 2015
Tiffany Tanner
Tiffany Tanner rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
American comedian, mostly known for his "you might be a redneck if" jokes.

Currently he is the presenter of the game show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"
More about Jeff Foxworthy...