Start by marking “Daredevil, Volume 19: Lady Bullseye” as Want to Read:
Daredevil, Volume 19: Lady Bullseye

Daredevil, Volume 19: Lady Bullseye (Daredevil, Volume II: Marvel Knights #19)

Matt Murdock encounters a shocking new face - Lady Bullseye! Who is she? Where did she come from? What does she want? And will she be a foe to Daredevil... or a friend? An alarming new chapter in the acclaimed Daredevil run by Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark!

Collecting: Daredevil 111-115
Published April 8th 2009 by Marvel (first published March 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Daredevil, Volume 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daredevil, Volume 19

Caitlin
Apr 14, 2015 Caitlin rated it really liked it
If you want happy Matt Murdock, don't look for him with Brubaker.

Lady Bullseye continues the trend of Matt having a terrible love life, largely through his own choices. In this volume, collecting issues 111-115, the organization of asshole ninjas known as the Hand has fallen apart in the wake of the revelation that their leader Elektra was a Skrull (that went right over my non-Marvel reading head).

One of the Hand leaders has hired a new, deadly assassin named Lady Bullseye to cement his claim t
Aaron
Apr 15, 2015 Aaron rated it really liked it
Collecting issues 111 to 115. An assassin from the evil Hand clan of ninjas (Lady Bullseye, a fan of the original Bullseye) begins stalking Daredevil's associates and making life difficult for Matt Murdock. Meanwhile, Matt and his colleague, P.I. Dakota North, spend a night together; Matt immediately feels guilty for cheating on his estranged wife and using Dakota. A net closes on Matt as the Hand hunt him for a reason he would never expect. (view spoiler) ...more
StoryTellerShannon
Daredevil gets into another romantic relationship that might be a bad idea and while that is all happening he gets a revisit from his old enemies, The Hand, which includes some new characters like Izo and Lady Bullseye. There are reappearances by Black Tarantula and White Tiger. This volume is particularly heavy in action and mystery. Oh, and the in-laws try to take Milla away from Matt Murdock. After all the previous Brubaker editions that had heavy character and story details this was a nice a ...more
Jedhua
My Brief Bookshelf Overview: emotional, feels-realistic-or-credible, grim, likable-or-deep-characters, mature

Although I was very impressed by the first issue, the rest of the arc didn't live up to my expectations. While Matt and his personal problems remain interesting and engaging, the Hand's plot was easy for me to guess pretty early on, and it didn't seem very significant. There were also too many Kung-Fu fighting characters who were rather uninteresting running around, making this feel a bit
Bradley Littlejohn
May 12, 2009 Bradley Littlejohn rated it liked it
I am going to give this a shot but I haven't been won over by where Captain America has been heading under Mr. Brubaker's direction... I am dubious about a lady bullseye gimmick. Maybe we could introduce the daredevil family... a crimefighting family that includes lady daredevil, daredevil JR., a family pet, and some casper-esque little mite who botches the family's attempts to clean up Hell's Kitchen. Actually that sounds a LOT better than this. I am prepared to eat crow however once I get to i ...more
Justin
Jul 12, 2010 Justin rated it really liked it
Why don't they allow half-stars for these reviews? "Lady Bullseye," the penultimate storyline in the Brubaker/Lark run, is a solid 3.5-star book for the following reasons:

1. Lady Bullseye. Ultimately, she seems unnecessary to me, when Bullseye has established himself as a rather formidable foe for Daredevil even more recently than with the death of Elektra. Unfortunately, he's tied up with the Thunderbolts, so perhaps Brubaker felt his hand (no pun intended) was forced to create her. There's an
logankstewart
This one is rather close to a 4-star read, but not quite. There were several little things that just didn't do much for me, but plenty of things that did, too.

This volume collects issues 111-115, making it the next-to-last story arc in the delightfully depressing saga of Daredevil Volume 2. Brubaker presents a new villain named Lady Bullseye and she goes around wearing an outfit that is entirely impractical, even in a world where all villains and heroes wear peculiar outfits. Unless her goal is
M
Oct 24, 2013 M rated it it was ok
Ed Brubaker continues to add to Matt Murdock's misery in this latest Daredevil collection. The mysterious Lady Bullseye enters Daredevil's life under the direction of the Hand, seeking to break down the Man Without Fear even further. Reeling from a one-night stand with PI Dakota North, accusations of Daredevil murdering two criminals, and a lawsuit from the parents of his asylum-committed wife, the last thing Murdock needs as a highly-trained assassin who has patterned herself after his deadlies ...more
Kurt
Jul 23, 2011 Kurt rated it liked it
I have been unimpressed with Brubaker's run in general, and this collection doesn't really change that. It's not bad, definitely. Matt Murdock makes a very serious relational mistake in the beginning, then the story bounces along at a quick pace, with developments I didn't anticipate, while Lady Bullseye appears in NYC on business for the Hand. The focus is on the martial arts aspects of Daredevil's character, which I have always found to be the weakest bases for Daredevil stories, but readers w ...more
Juan
Aug 07, 2010 Juan rated it liked it
Brubaker is a good writer. I am looking forward to reading more from him. Return of the Kingpin is next. I hadn't read Daredevil since Brian Michael Bendis GREAT run with Artist Alex Maleev. This short section that introduces Lady Bullseye is entertaining, but the focus or rather more interesting aspect is the relationship of Daredevil, his ex-wife, her family and Dakota North, a character I've not too familiar with. Black Tarantula (Carlos LaMuerto) White Tiger (Angela Del Toro)
Iron Fist (Dann
Fizzgig76
Reprints Daredevil #111-115. Daredevil finds the Hand have returned and are being led by a woman calling herself Lady Bullseye. Lady Bullseye targets Matt's friends and family, and it is up to Matt to find out why. Brubaker uses this story arc to set up the "Shadowlands" story that takes over the Daredevil books. Lady Bullseye is pretty lame and within the story is made fun of. It kind of makes me question if he had a choice to create her or if he was pressured by higher-ups to make a female Bul ...more
Mark Desrosiers
May 25, 2011 Mark Desrosiers rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This arc should have given me a blinding headache, with its dour Daredevil who cheats on his bedridden wife, countless ninjas erupting in every obvious situation, and then that Lady Bullseye who's just a poisonous weaponized female variation of the Daredevil, except EVIL.

But it was all saved by Brubaker's cool new Marvel character, Master Izo, a blind elderly hard-drinking gambling-addicted ex-ninja with many hilarious quips and lightning reflexes that leaven Murdock's glowering introspection.
Cami
Jan 28, 2011 Cami rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I like when fantasy takes itself seriously. I guess that's why I like Daredevil. It is very serious. It's full of pain, vengenace and over-active guilt complexes.

The plotting on this is excellent. It gave enough back story to make the jumping into the middle of the story easy to do, but not so much as to be boring.

The art for Daredevil has never been anywhere near to really good X-Men or Spiderman in my opinion, but this art was nice.

Intriguing enough to make me want to seek out the next instal
Sean
Dec 13, 2012 Sean rated it really liked it
When I first heard the name Lady Bullseye I couldn't stop my eyes from rolling. This couldn't be good. Somehow, Brubaker and Lark not only made her and amazing new villain but made a great story with her in the middle. I love The Hand when done right and here they'e pitch-perfect. A new "Stick-like" figure in Master Izo peaks my attention for more on the ancient drunk. I really enjoyed this collection and can't wait for more.
Matthew
Apr 11, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it
A new villain, a new ally and a new fling for Daredevil in this set up to the finale of Brubaker's run. Both Lady Bullseye and Master Izo are intriguing characters and the ninja conspiracy had me hungry for answers.

Just a minor complaint, I loved Izo's wordplay, but HATED his need to point it out. Why would you write "See what I did there?" after every time your character makes a zinger. I hate it when people do that in real life, and I hate it here.
John
Mar 04, 2016 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another excellent volume in Ed Brubaker's DD run. For once there's a bit more fighting than usual, keeping the pace brisk. The Kung Fu side of Marvel plays a big part in the story, with The Hand showing up again and a guest star turn from Iron Fist. But mostly Lady Bullseye makes a fun and eye-catching villain here, pretty much stealing the show. The art is gritty, realistic and fitting as usual.
Ross Vincent
Rolls
Feb 08, 2010 Rolls rated it really liked it
Matt Murdock's life continues to unravel at an alarming rate. You'd whine too if Lady Bullseye bitch slapped your life right into the shitter. This is not my favorite arc by Brubaker and Lark but it does set up the groundwork for their stunning conclusion to their run on this series with "Return of the King." Extremely entertaining.
Mark CC
Mar 21, 2016 Mark CC rated it really liked it
This was probably the best Brubaker one yet. Atmospheric and self-contained enough to enjoy reading without being frustrated that I have to wait a few days for the next one, but with the excitement and sense that "big things are afoot" throughout. This one really brought character depth to Dakota (albeit predictably), and really highlighted how Daredevil is not the greatest person.
Amory
Aug 06, 2014 Amory rated it liked it
I accidentally re-read this, but, you know, it held up.... and reminded me I want to find the next volume in this series and see what happens... ;-)
Arpad Okay
Mar 02, 2010 Arpad Okay rated it really liked it
Ninjas! Iron Fist!
Oliver Hodson
Nov 11, 2014 Oliver Hodson rated it liked it
Grief shuffling, and again flirting with the idea of matt as kingpin. Like the writing but can't handle the arc for matt.
Tim Broder
Mar 26, 2009 Tim Broder rated it liked it
good book, a nice way to get back into daredevil after 10 years. Didn't know he was married, but whatever
Shannon Appelcline
Aug 08, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
This feels like mainly like a groundwork-laying volume, but it's nonetheless up to Brubaker's usual high standards.
Eric
Apr 05, 2010 Eric rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Interesting story. Good background on LB. Overall good book!
Sharon
Dec 09, 2013 Sharon rated it liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Jake
Oct 12, 2009 Jake rated it really liked it
Any appearance of Iron Fist penned by Brubaker is ok with me. And, lookee! DD was framed for a crime he didn't commit!
raman
Feb 22, 2010 raman rated it it was amazing
ninjas, adultry, and hot chicks.
...oh yea, and a blind guy who fights crime by night.

brilliant
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2017
  • Daredevil, Vol. 13: The Murdock Papers
  • Daredevil, Vol. 8: Echo
  • Daredevil: The Devil's Hand
  • Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller, Vol. 3
  • Daredevil Noir
  • Daredevil, Volume 5
Ed Brubaker (born November 17, 1966) is an Eisner Award-winning American cartoonist and writer. He was born at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.

Brubaker is best known for his work as a comic book writer on such titles as Batman, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, Catwoman, Gotham Central and Uncanny X-Men. In more recent years, he has focused solely on creator-owned titles
More about Ed Brubaker...

Daredevil, Volume II: Marvel Knights (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Daredevil, Vol. 1: Guardian Devil