Start by marking “The Source of Miracles: 7 Steps to Transforming Your Life through the Lord's Prayer” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  25 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Expected One and The Book of Love comes a transformative book that unlocks the hidden power of the Lord's Prayer -- the prayer that can be recited by every Christian in the world.

The real secret to creating and sustaining an abundant, joyous, and fulfilled life has been hiding in plain sight -- in the power of the prayer
Published November 3rd 2009 by Touchstone (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Source of Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Source of Miracles

Theresa
Dec 28, 2009 Theresa rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens and Adults
I was really excited to be asked to review this book, as it is something I'm really interested in. I really wanted to like this book, but sadly, it was not at all what I desire in a Christian Self Help book.

Kathleen McGowan is a great writer and she can easily pull you in with her prose. She has a wonderful way with words, and I was pulled in until she started to tell about her visions of Mary Magdalene and a man with long hair, as well as some strange experiences with the Chartres labyrinth tha
Alys
A few sentences in 'The Book of Love' set me on my own way forward with the Lord's prayer in quite a new way, thinking about what I personally meant at this moment by each part of the prayer. While I waited for the book to reach me I practised. Which meant that when it came it was a surprise. Simple, matter of fact, and laid out in orderly fashion, it contained a whole set of presuppositions which I had not tackled before. The book is memorable, of course! It is based on something most of us kno ...more
Martha Healy
I bought this book with good intentions to sit down and enjoy, and possibly learn some new things, then I came across the negative information online- about the author herself. There are so many accusations made by others ranging from lies, deceits to outright fraud ( she is not really an ordained minister as she claims and her books never sold a million copies) that I can no longer trust this author or anything she says. I have come away with the impression that she needs to be reading and unde ...more
Spiritmovesme
Kathleen's latest book is a wonderful insight about the true meaning of prayer without all the pomp and circumstance. Her other novels, The Expected One and the Book of Love were two of my most favorite reads!!
Reagan Urbanec
This book has changed my life. The book's message is one that seems so obvious, so generic, but Kathleen McGowan successfully explained the message in a way that made me, as a reader, want to change my life (not tomorrow, not next week, but now). This book inspired me to depths that no other book that I've read has. This book made me want to become a better person and try harder to do what was necessary.

At times the message was daunting and overwhelming. I felt as though there was so much I need
Martha Healy
Kaylee
I picked up this book simply because I thoroughly enjoy her novels. Despite not being into self-help books or Christianity since about 9th grade, I thought I'd give this a shot.

And... it really was just "okay". Most religions have the same core beliefs and stories when you strip them down from all of their layers of translations and reteachings, and there are mantras and prayers that are similar in all. The Lord's Prayer is something I grew up reciting and can still rattle off in 15 seconds (inc
Kathy Maher
This was a great book. She gave you questions to ask yourself so you could reflect on the reading. This is a book to help you understand your own spirituality. I personally did not agree with everything in the book but I did find it very useful.
Eliza Fayle
I am a firm believer that we can all create miracles through the power of thought. Kathleen uses the Lord’s Prayer to focus her thought on a daily basis, creating miracles small and large in her life. Since reading The Source of Miracles I have started and ended each day adding the Lord’s Prayer to my regular meditations and affirmations.

Has it made a difference?

It is a little too early to know about miracles, but I do know that I feel way more serene and positive and focused. And that in and of
Jane Dugger
This was so good, I just went out and bought the book. I cannot wait to begin highlighting the whole bloomin' thing.

I am so surprise how much comfort it brings me to recite the Lord's Prayer. And how much I ponder about it. It has brought me great comfort already.
Sarah Pangloss
New-age pap for those who desire magic in their lives. Sort of "The Secret" with a New Testament spin. If this was indeed the "source of miracles", Ms. McGowan would have miraculously salvaged the most recent books she has written, and they would have been best-sellers.
Chris
Kathleen McGowan teaches us how to truly understand and implement the Lord's Prayer in our daily lives. This is a transformative book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants more peace, enlightment, and joy in their lives.
Rebecca
Really well written in the explaining of the Our Father prayer. Much of what was mentioned I was fortunate to have seen with my eyes in France. So making the understanding all that more easier to grasp. Very enjoyable.
Tracy Dunning
While the writing is not stellar, the questions and processes she poses are very useful. I appreciate the simplicity of using the Lord's Prayer to address so many aspects of spiritual direction and growth.
Wil Roese
Mar 14, 2011 Wil Roese rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People whoo are gullible
Recommended to Wil by: BCPL
Shelves: never-finished
I could not make it past her story of how Mary Magdalene told her in a labyrinth her baby would live and dispite the doctors telling her to the contrary it did live.
DeAnne Wolfgram
Beautiful practice ~ It gave me the sacred insight to walk the Chartres Labyrinth in France and gain some true divine wisdom. Thank you Kathleen.
Julie Roberts
excellent book for developing spiritual practice and connection. I loved the concept of creating heaven on earth. Very helpful little book.
Tamilynn James
Trying to be a knock-off of "Prayer of Jabez." Not good. Boring book which is all about HER life.
Golda Gabriel
This book gave a new meaning to each word in The Lord's Prayer for me. I feel inspired from reading it.
Robin Branum
The power of prayer! For anyone who struggles with whether there is a higher power this book is a must read!
 Marla
Dec 07, 2014 Marla marked it as to-finish  ·  review of another edition
Likes:
* Acts of peace offset war
* Creativity banishes depression, hate and agression

Dislikes:
Katie Shell
Simple, beautiful, inspiring. Anyone comparing this book to The Secret, didn't get it.
Connie
Gives a wonderful perspective on The Lord's Prayer. Lots of food for thought!
Vera
A discussion of the Lords Prayer, and ways to grow spiritually with it.
Desiree
So far, I am moved to pray The Lord's Prayer more and more
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Femmefrugality
Femmefrugality marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Justmoca
Justmoca marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
  • The Power Of Praying Through The Bible
  • The Essence of Shinto: Japan's Spiritual Heart
  • Witch: A Magikal Journey- A Hip Guide to Modern Witchcraft
  • The Greatest Prayer: A Revolutionary Manifesto and Hymn of Hope
  • Prayer That Brings Revival: Interceding for God to move in your family, church, and community
  • Dionysus: Myth and Cult
  • Ten Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe
  • The Rapture Exposed: The Message of Hope in the Book of Revelation
  • Crafting the Body Divine: Ritual, Movement, and Body Art
  • A World Full of Gods: An Inquiry Into Polytheism
  • The Body Sacred
  • Experiencing God's Presence: Learning to Listen While You Pray
162077
Kathleen McGowan is an internationally published writer whose work has appeared on five continents and in at least fifteen languages. She is notable for her claim to be the descendant of Jesus of Nazareth and Mary Magdalene
More about Kathleen McGowan...
The Expected One (Magdalene Line Trilogy, #1) The Book of Love (Magdalene Line Trilogy, #2) The Poet Prince (Magdalene Line Trilogy, #3) The Ballad of Tam Lin (Legends of Divine Feminine) Il vangelo di Maria Maddalena (Bestseller)

“If you believe that someone you know is behaving in a way that may be harmful to himself or others, you have an obligation to pray for him.” 2 likes
“Good outweighs bad with every single positive deed that occurs on earth. This is a world made up of energy, and we have the ability to impact on that energy for good or for ill. The choice is ours, and it is a choice we make with all our actions, every day.” 2 likes