Start by marking “The Rotten State Of Britain” as Want to Read:
The Rotten State Of Britain

The Rotten State Of Britain

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Under Gordon Brown leadership, Britain has achieved that sinking feeling without knowing exactly why things are so bad and how it happened so fast. In this coruscating attack on the government, here is the first sustained analysis what went disastrously wrong and why it will continue to get worse under current policies and we will all feel the financial pain.
Published January 1st 2009 by Gibson Square Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rotten State Of Britain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rotten State Of Britain

Brian Monteith
For anyone who thought John Major’s Britain of the nineties was a time to despise, a new book shows Brown and Blair’s Britain is far, far worse.

Every so often a book comes along that captures the mood of the country, the zeitgeist. Back in 1995 Will Hutton’s book, The State We Are In did just that, chiming with how the public was beginning to view the Conservative-run Britain as the wheels came of John Major’s government.

Hutton railed against the state of the public services, the economic misman
Brian
Every resident of the UK should read this scary book. I knew things were bad, but when you have all the different problems assembled together in one place you realise just *how* bad. Such incompetence and petty tyranny in government have never been combined since the reign of King Charles I. Well, we know what happened to him...

You may not agree with the political philosophy underlying this book, or with all the solutions offered but the facts set out will make your jaw drop. If you don't end yo
Digitalheart Vinylsoul
Digitalheart Vinylsoul marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Carine
Carine marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Man Solo
Man Solo marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2011
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
John
John is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2009
Milton Friedman Austrian Economics A Primer The Best Book on the Market: How to Stop Worrying and Love the Free Economy Hayek: His Contribution To The Political And Economic Thought Of Our Time Adam Smith�A Primer