Start by marking “Spirit Fox” as Want to Read:
Spirit Fox

Spirit Fox

Spirit Fox marks the first collaboration between bestselling fantasy writer Mickey Zucker Reichert and talented newcomer Jennifer Wingert.

It is the story of a magic-filled land at war. A mythical battle of gods and goddesses. An epic struggle that could ultimately destroy an entire civilization unless a special young woman, spirit-linked to a fox at birth, can harness the
Published January 1st 2000 by DAW (first published December 1st 1998)

Christy rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2008
Sep 22, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hardback, 1999, 2000, 2015
READ 4/12/1999
re-read Dec6, 2000

This was such a good book! Reichert doesn't usually write except in series, nor does she usually write with a partner, but IMHO this is her best book, and the Nightfall books are a hard act to beat!

I would have LIKED more story, but it would have probably detracted from the existing story, so I guess we'll have to accept that there will probably be no more of this story/world.

re-read 6-14-2015
Phorapheedroll rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2008
Rebecca Bockus
Rebecca Bockus rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2009
Dawn Kurtagich
Jan 16, 2010 Dawn Kurtagich rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - I read it first when I was about 14 and adored it so much that I went out, six years later, to find the exact edition I checked out of the library all those years ago.
Galen rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Nika rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2010
Jan 05, 2011 Justin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Nov 15, 2015 Deidre rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, box-j
I really like the one book Jennifer Wingert wrote, and I liked this earlier one she co-wrote. But I wish she would write another one.
Oct 21, 2011 Lissa added it
The best character in this book was the cat who often changes his name, sometimes called Furry Purry, sometimes Cat Who Bites Priests. I'd have to read it again to report some more funny names, but he was totally adorable.

The foundation of magic is strong and reliable. The culture is absolutely amazing. Even the bad guys' agenda is totally believable. The characters are interesting, especially the eldest brother and his romantic interest. No spoilers!

The only thing that was a let down was the cl
May 26, 2012 Sally rated it liked it
Light reading. I liked most of the story, but it suddenly wrapped up in a nice, clean, everyone-is-happy ending.
Mar 29, 2012 Betty rated it liked it
I wish I could give this book a higher rating. I really loved it to the end. IT was a fun read, I really liked the characters. They were all there own person. But the end was so rushed and not very believable to me.
May 16, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I read this book in middle school, and have never forgotten it. I loved the story, characters, and plot. I will admit, the ending was rushed.
Manda Hsiao
Jul 04, 2012 Manda Hsiao rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I should admit I took one star away for killing off my favorite character. Otherwise the story was quite good, even if everything seemed to work out a little too perfectly at the end.
Rebeka rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Tess rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
M. Rivera
May 21, 2013 M. Rivera rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to M. by: librarian at Roosevelt Roads High School
This is the first fantasy book I ever read in high school. It drew me in and kept me captivated with its interesting story and lovable characters. I love the concept of sharing a soul with an animal. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.
Shauna Bradney
Apr 01, 2016 Shauna Bradney rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I loved the story in this book. The cat that kept changing his name was one o my favorite characters. I enjoyed how it played out the ending seemed a bit rushed though. The writing seemed simple but I still loved the book for the story itself.
T. Strange
Jul 14, 2013 T. Strange rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
I love this book, and it's one of my favourites.

But it also reminds me of something pretty embarrassing:

I first read it when I was about 13 (ie: puberty), and, as it happened, I started getting a patch of red hair in my bangs, much redder than the rest of my hair. So, of course, I jumped to the only logical conclusion: OH MAH GAWD I"M TURNING INTO A FOX!!!!!1
Sep 07, 2015 Helle rated it liked it
An amusing read, but not up to the standards of Mickey Zucker Reichert that I am used to. It seemed more like a love story set in a world of magic and war than a fantasy novel.

The first half of the book is rather slow, for example it takes too long before the Spirit Fox is actually recognized and explained. Contrary to the end: this is extremely rushed and left me with a lot of questions.

Still, I did enjoy reading it. There are plenty of interesting things happening and the characters are realis
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Scratch rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Jenette Skees
Jenette Skees rated it liked it
May 06, 2014
Leesie Zot
Leesie Zot rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Emily Rose
While some of the dialogue was entertaining, the characters where poorly developed and the plot glossed over the most interesting aspects, focusinng on boring feuds to which not nearly enough information was given.
Tara rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Jan 21, 2015 TheCosyDragon rated it liked it

At the moment of Kiandra's birth, her father kills a fox cub. Little does he know that he is going to pave the way for disaster, and inadvertently rescue his own people at the same time.

Despite liking the way this was written and connecting with the characters, I thought the storyline itself was uninspiring.

The ending that Bevin orchestrates - it
May 02, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Personally, I feel as though I've never read a book that ran so much on a massive misunderstanding as well as a society's desire to stick their head in the sand.
With the summary on goodreads as well as the prologue, I had thought that the book would be drastically different than it actually was. I wish that I could tell you that this was a book that revolved around the titled spirit fox, but I think that somewhere along the way, the authors completely forgot about that little aspect.

The story m
Krysta Yellin
Krysta Yellin rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Bari rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Guardian of the Freedom (Merlin's Descendents, #5)
  • Memory of Fire (The World Gates, #1)
  • The Wolf and the Raven (Wodan's Children #1)
  • The Witch Queen (Fern Capel, #3)
  • Beldan's Fire (Oran, #3)
  • Eccentric Circles
  • The Secret of Dragonhome (Dragonhome, #1)
  • The Shining City (Rhiannon's Ride #2)
  • Finding the Fox (The Shapeshifter, #1)
  • Beyond the Blue Moon (Hawk and Fisher, #7)
  • Wolf's Bane (Wolfwalker, #5)
  • Guardian's Key
  • Karavans (Karavans, #1)
  • Becoming His: A Daily Journey Toward Discipleship
  • World Without End
  • The Dragon Lord (Book of Years, # 3)
  • On Earth As It Is In Heaven
Mickey Zucker Reichert (pseudonym for Miriam Susan Zucker Reichert) is an American fantasy fiction author of several best selling novels. Perhaps her most famous work is the epic Renshai series, which offers an intriguing perspective on traditional Norse mythology. She is also a parent and paediatrician with a soft spot for critters great and small. She has been known care for a veritable zoo of c ...more
More about Mickey Zucker Reichert...