Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)

Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley #4)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  787 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Disappearing actOne morning, after a terrible storm, Stanley Lambchop is nowhere to be found. His family can hear him, and there is a lump under his covers, but no one can find him! Just where is that boy?

Then they discover the truth -- Stanley is invisible! At first, Stanley is very busy. There's so much for an invisible boy to do. But will he stay that way forever?
Published August 11th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 1996)

Nadira Choudhury
Stanley Lambchop encounters a rather peculiar phenomenon one evening. Whilst eating fruit by the window during a lightning storm, he becomes invisible! Mr and Mrs Lambchop take Stanley to Doctor Dan, who mentions other cases, where people have turned invisible whilst eating fruit during a storm. But there are no known cures! Stanley will just have to live with being invisible until something changes. Stanley soon discovers that being invisible can have its benefits.
From helping a beginner young...more
Aurora
I think it was amazing because in the middle of the night, Stanley turned invisible. There was bad weather that night and Stanley was eating fruit next to the window. At the end of the story, Arthur, Stanley’s brother, had an idea. He gave Stanley fruit and turned on the sink and shower. Mrs. Lambchop got out skillet and a wooden spoon for thunder, Mr. Lambchop got out a flashlight for lightning, and Arthur made a whooshing sound for wind. Nothing happened at first, but then Mr. Lambchop said th...more
ImaginationNotebook
Just like my other reviews this boom was boring and uninteresting. I'm not sure if it's the flat Stanley plot it's self or the author. Surely a let down.
Elizabeth
Reading this one on the heels of Flat Stanley and Stanley and the Magic Lamp, I can say I need a Stanley break. My daughter likes Stanley. I have no problem with these books. This one is better than Flat Stanley in narrative, but it is not as good as Stanley and the Magic Lamp. I think maybe invisibility is more difficult to write well. I think the Stanley books are ideal for read-aloud time with younger children: older preschoolers or young school-age. I will revisit these books with my kids in...more
Nicole
These Flat Stanley books are really pretty cheesy, but they are cute and my son loves them. In this one, Stanley becomes invisible one night during a storm. The story follows Stanley through a couple adventures, including how he foils a bank robbery, and then his brother Arthur's great idea on how to get him to be visible again. Like I said, while really cheesy and obnoxious to me, my kids love them and enjoy them! They're fun early chapter books and for my older kids to read to my younger ones.
Ensiform
After eating fruit during a storm, Stanley turns invisible. He uses his powers to bring a shy young couple together, help a boy ride a bike, and stop some bank robbers. As usual, Brown is terrific at writing from the kid’s point of view – the fantastic and magical is taken in stride, and the feats Stanley does are what a young child might wish of doing. The dry aplomb of the Lambchops is a source of wit which mostly goes over kids’ heads. It’s a fun book for them, even so.
Mackenzie
Poor Stanley just can't catch a break. In Invisible Stanley, he has another round of adventure due to the mistake of eating fruit during poor weather. He again has to deal with crime fighting, too much attention, a jealous brother, and then growing sick of his predicament. But he does it with flare and my son loves to hear about it.
Sydney
there was a rain storm and stanley ate fruit. the next morning he was invisible so they take him to the doctor. the doctor didn't know what to do so they put a balloon over his face so they can see him. so a tv guy ask him to be in a show to do amazing tricks. so the guy makes the frog fly with the help of stanley.
Beckey
The fourth book in the adventures of flat Stanley ... Interesting book that my daughters seemed to enjoy... Makes for an interesting project to draw flat likeness of yourself & mail it off to friends & family to see what other adventures are in store...
Haley
This was a fun and quick book to read. Every child dreams of being invisible one day and all the things that they could do. Well this happens to Stanley and the story takes you through his adventures while being invisible.
Elena
Marilyn
These have been fun reading with my 7 year old. She follows along with me in the text, enough pictures to keep it interesting, a little bit of suspense or adventure as Stanley catches bank robbers. Fun.
Melanie
I started reading the Flat Stanley books when I was sent a Flat Stanley from a friend of mine's daughter. The books are cute and fun to read. Strange things happen to Stanley, but he always saves the day.
Ethan
Read these books. You'll find out that Stanley turns invisible! It's funny that Stanley is invisible so he can fly a frog in the air and no one sees that he's holding it!
Danny
Stanly, the once flatted boy is now invisible!
So he became invisible, he can do lots of new things. For example, he can speak for someone instead of he or she.
Kim
Decently cute, and less creepy than Flat Stanley. I like the matter-of-fact attitude that everyone in the story has about his invisibility. :)
Summer
The kids like it, but they didn't love it like they did Flat Stanley. I think the concept of being invisible was harder for them to understand.
LuAnn
This time Stanley doesn't go flat, he disappears. It gets boring being invisible. How will his family ever help him reappear.
Lizzie
oh! poor Stanley! first he was flat then he's invisible!
Stanley's so luck that he has a brother like Arthur!
Holley
Only beef with this one is the gendered stereotypes in this one. Cute otherwise and Kian loves it.
Diana Pettis
Guided reading level O. Good book that continues the series of Stanley with his brother Arthur.
Amber
this book wasn't as good as the 1st book book Flat Stanley, but it was still a cute story.
Marina Li
This is about Stanley being invisible. It is very interesting, and fun to read. :)
« Crystal »
My daughter read this book to me for her book report. I enjoyed this book.
Gray
I liked it when he turned invisible. It was awesome!
Lisa
Another classroom favorite from Jeff Brown
Jannatul
no one cane find stanly when the book stared.
Katherine
Not my favorite, but a decent read all the same
Mark
It was Great hope others like it too!!
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Class President
  • The Littles Go Exploring
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • Mummies Don't Coach Softball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #21)
  • The Class Trip from the Black Lagoon
  • Good Morning, Gorillas (Magic Tree House, #26)
Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, Flat Again!," was published the year he died. All together, Stanley's tales have sold ne...more
More about Jeff Brown...
Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2) Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3) Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)