Start by marking “Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)” as Want to Read:
Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)

Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley #4)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,684 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Disappearing actOne morning, after a terrible storm, Stanley Lambchop is nowhere to be found. His family can hear him, and there is a lump under his covers, but no one can find him! Just where is that boy?

Then they discover the truth -- Stanley is invisible! At first, Stanley is very busy. There's so much for an invisible boy to do. But will he stay that way forever?
Published August 11th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Stanley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Stanley

Nadira Choudhury
Jan 13, 2014 Nadira Choudhury rated it really liked it
Stanley Lambchop encounters a rather peculiar phenomenon one evening. Whilst eating fruit by the window during a lightning storm, he becomes invisible! Mr and Mrs Lambchop take Stanley to Doctor Dan, who mentions other cases, where people have turned invisible whilst eating fruit during a storm. But there are no known cures! Stanley will just have to live with being invisible until something changes. Stanley soon discovers that being invisible can have its benefits.
From helping a beginner young
Oct 10, 2014 Syed rated it really liked it
Stanley's story starts on a dark and stormy night, when he falls asleep after eating some fruit. The next morning his younger brother Arthur finds that Stanley has become invisible. The adventure and excitement for Stanley kick starts when a news reporter makes an appearance at school to cover the story. Stanley uses this phenomenon in a a productive and helpful manner: helping a young individual win a race; helping a very shy gentleman propose to his girlfriend; and aids his jealous brother in ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jan 16, 2016 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Jul 24, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
My 6-year-old home-schooled granddaughter loves the Flat Stanley books. I think this book may have been her first exposure to the thought of someone being invisible. She loved the drawings (old version as a e-book) of Stanley's body shape beneath his bedcovers. These are simple fun books with imaginative simple adventures, short chapters, and repeating characters that go from book to book. I enjoyed reading them to my granddaughter.
Mar 14, 2016 Kyky rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016 R rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first one was definitely the best and the second book was ok. All the rest have been pretty pointless including this one. Also drat and stupid are used one each and I don't need that being said all over the house. Mediocre at best.
The Moon Rider
Feb 26, 2012 The Moon Rider rated it it was amazing
I think it was amazing because in the middle of the night, Stanley turned invisible. There was bad weather that night and Stanley was eating fruit next to the window. At the end of the story, Arthur, Stanley’s brother, had an idea. He gave Stanley fruit and turned on the sink and shower. Mrs. Lambchop got out skillet and a wooden spoon for thunder, Mr. Lambchop got out a flashlight for lightning, and Arthur made a whooshing sound for wind. Nothing happened at first, but then Mr. Lambchop said th ...more
Apr 01, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Goofy, but safe. Funny quote: "Always a treat running into your family, George!" said Mr. Jones. "The older boy was flat once, I recall. You had him rolled up.....
Nov 30, 2015 Elizabeth rated it liked it
We all know Flat Stanley. In this book he turns invisible. One of several in a series about Stanley. Fun reads.
Josh Smemoe
Nov 01, 2015 Josh Smemoe rated it it was amazing
Stanley just turned invisible by
Eating a apple and a few raisins and turned invisible find out how his adventure was!
Anya Gupta
Mar 21, 2016 Anya Gupta rated it it was amazing
I liked it when Stanley became invisible as he drank milk and ate raisins during rain and lightning.
Maya Golebiewski
Aug 14, 2015 Maya Golebiewski rated it liked it
This is a cute children's book that I think many kids who are starting to read will like.
Aug 29, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: with-the-kids
Reading this one on the heels of Flat Stanley and Stanley and the Magic Lamp, I can say I need a Stanley break. My daughter likes Stanley. I have no problem with these books. This one is better than Flat Stanley in narrative, but it is not as good as Stanley and the Magic Lamp. I think maybe invisibility is more difficult to write well. I think the Stanley books are ideal for read-aloud time with younger children: older preschoolers or young school-age. I will revisit these books with my kids in ...more
Kim Loewen
Sep 10, 2015 Kim Loewen rated it liked it
Maguire is really enjoying these books we've been reading together.
Brenda Wharton
May 26, 2016 Brenda Wharton rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Cute kids book about how flat Stanley is turned invisible during a thunderstorm and how his family tries to help him become visible again
Sep 30, 2010 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
These Flat Stanley books are really pretty cheesy, but they are cute and my son loves them. In this one, Stanley becomes invisible one night during a storm. The story follows Stanley through a couple adventures, including how he foils a bank robbery, and then his brother Arthur's great idea on how to get him to be visible again. Like I said, while really cheesy and obnoxious to me, my kids love them and enjoy them! They're fun early chapter books and for my older kids to read to my younger ones.
Jul 12, 2012 Ensiform rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, kidfic
After eating fruit during a storm, Stanley turns invisible. He uses his powers to bring a shy young couple together, help a boy ride a bike, and stop some bank robbers. As usual, Brown is terrific at writing from the kid’s point of view – the fantastic and magical is taken in stride, and the feats Stanley does are what a young child might wish of doing. The dry aplomb of the Lambchops is a source of wit which mostly goes over kids’ heads. It’s a fun book for them, even so.
Karen Dransfield
Jan 08, 2015 Karen Dransfield rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun book about Stanley.
Apr 04, 2013 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
Poor Stanley just can't catch a break. In Invisible Stanley, he has another round of adventure due to the mistake of eating fruit during poor weather. He again has to deal with crime fighting, too much attention, a jealous brother, and then growing sick of his predicament. But he does it with flare and my son loves to hear about it.
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
there was a rain storm and stanley ate fruit. the next morning he was invisible so they take him to the doctor. the doctor didn't know what to do so they put a balloon over his face so they can see him. so a tv guy ask him to be in a show to do amazing tricks. so the guy makes the frog fly with the help of stanley.
The fourth book in the adventures of flat Stanley ... Interesting book that my daughters seemed to enjoy... Makes for an interesting project to draw flat likeness of yourself & mail it off to friends & family to see what other adventures are in store...
Dec 18, 2013 Haley rated it really liked it
This was a fun and quick book to read. Every child dreams of being invisible one day and all the things that they could do. Well this happens to Stanley and the story takes you through his adventures while being invisible.
Aug 04, 2009 Elena rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2011 Marilyn rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
These have been fun reading with my 7 year old. She follows along with me in the text, enough pictures to keep it interesting, a little bit of suspense or adventure as Stanley catches bank robbers. Fun.
Nov 06, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
I started reading the Flat Stanley books when I was sent a Flat Stanley from a friend of mine's daughter. The books are cute and fun to read. Strange things happen to Stanley, but he always saves the day.
Gary Vassallo
Apr 03, 2015 Gary Vassallo rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, read-2015
Another dependable read in the Flat Stanley series. An engaging read with the usual good messages woven into the story.
Feb 13, 2010 Ethan rated it it was amazing
Read these books. You'll find out that Stanley turns invisible! It's funny that Stanley is invisible so he can fly a frog in the air and no one sees that he's holding it!
Sep 12, 2013 Danny rated it it was amazing
Stanly, the once flatted boy is now invisible!
So he became invisible, he can do lots of new things. For example, he can speak for someone instead of he or she.
  • The Flying Chinese Wonders (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #7)
  • The Talent Show from the Black Lagoon
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • Class President
  • The Littles Go Exploring
  • The X'ed-out X-ray (A to Z Mysteries, #24)
  • Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)
  • Good Morning, Gorillas (Magic Tree House, #26)

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley (6 books)
  • Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)

“by” 0 likes