Start by marking “Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)” as Want to Read:
Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)

Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry #2)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  735 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Harry leads a mission to place cobwebs all over school, shows the class how to make green slime, and stages a ?deadly skit? that has everyone on the edge of their seats.
Published March 1st 1998 by Puffin Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Horrible Harry and the Green Slime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrible Harry and the Green Slime

Sarah Sammis
Oct 26, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
Although my brother would have been young enough to read the Horrible Harry series when they were new, I don't remember him reading them. I was too old for them at the time and was going through my "no kids books!" phase.

That being said, I know nothing about the Horrible Harry series except for having heard the titles rattled off by parents who are torn between being glad their kids are reading and worried about what they are reading. Horrible Harry and the Green Slime is a chapter book that cov
Christine Ricci
Horrible Harry and the Green Slime is one of many books Suzy Kline wrote about Harry and his best friend, Doug. Kline entwines relatability with fun plots to both entertain and educate children through bite-sized chunks. Conceptually, this short story is perfect for the intended age group. The topics Kline brings up, friendship and working as a team for example, are concepts familiar to children and thus relatable. How Harry and Doug react to these situations is typical of boys in their age grou ...more
Marika Gillis
Jun 22, 2015 Marika Gillis rated it it was ok
I took along a couple of books on CD in the hopes of entertaining the kiddos during a long road trip recently. I started with Horrible Harry and the Green Slime by Suzy Kline which is read by Johnny Heller. I chose this one because it is a short chapter book with lots of pictures and I had a copy for my son to follow along with. Since it is a series, I also hoped that he might take a liking to it and want to try reading more Horrible Harry books after the trip. I know Horrible Harry books are wr ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jun 05, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
Emily Rath
Dec 10, 2014 Emily Rath rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eng-261
I never even knew about the Horrible Harry series until I met my reading buddies. Horrible Harry and the Green Slime is a chapter book about a second grader who constantly plays pranks on people, but actually ends up being a very good friend. This book takes us on a journey through second grade with Harry and Doug. The genre of this book is a Series, also Comedy. I rated this book a five because I loved turning the pages and finding out what pranks were coming next! My reading buddies also LOVED ...more
Dolly
Jun 05, 2012 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another interesting story in the Horrible Harry series by Suzy Kline and Frank Remkiewicz. We've already read a couple of these stories out of order and found them to be funny, short, and entertaining. So we decided to start reading the series from the beginning.

This book features four distinct stories about Harry and his classmates. Each story is short and entertaining and depicts a wide variety of activities in the classroom. I really liked the story featuring Charlotte's Web and the
Leigh
Sep 25, 2013 Leigh rated it did not like it
My mom bought me this book a long time ago and it's been sitting unread on my shelf for God knows how long. I've got something like three Horrible Harry books total and this is the first one I've read simply because I've been taking the "Cover-To-Cover Challenge", vowing to read every book on my shelves before I'm allowed to buy or borrow any new ones. I'm far too old for this, and I don't think I would have liked it too much had I read it at the appropriate age either. Something tells me my ent ...more
Sofie
Jul 07, 2014 Sofie rated it did not like it
Shelves: kids-2014
Cute, quirky stories, but I don't appreciate the cliquishness in classroom 2B. Harry and Doug are not outright mean, but also not very nice to Sidney, who clearly comes from a family where parents aren't as involved/possibly low socioeconomic family. I have 2 or 4 more in the series, which we won't be reading.
Todd Stansbury
May 09, 2015 Todd Stansbury rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun little collection of stories that I had never heard of before. The question I was left with at the end is what's so horrible about Harry? Sure he acts up, but he is also a genuinely nice kid and he has fun.
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Mary
Author: Suzy Kline
Illustrator: Frank Remkiewicz
Interest Level: K-3
Grade level Equivalent: 3.3
Lexile Measure: 470L
Guided Reading: L

Horrible Harry and the Green Slime is a chapter book based about the events of two second graders. Each chapter starts a different event, where one is about secret pen-pals, and another where each student shows how to do something, in Harry's case, make green slime. Each chapter is short, with large print for young readers, with pictures that go along wi
Dawn D Rapciewicz
If you like science you might like this book!

My favorite part of this book is learning how to make green slime and the fun things that happen at South School.
Jana Smith
Mar 10, 2016 Jana Smith rated it really liked it
Great for early readers wanting a chapter book to read, very entertaining!
Corey
Feb 20, 2014 Corey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little stories and interesting characters for kids.
Catherine Louise
Aug 01, 2015 Catherine Louise rated it really liked it
my baby books: horrible harry series
Twyla
Nov 19, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Ronster
Dec 02, 2007 Ronster rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Grades 1-3
Short chapter book. Doug is upset by how Harry treats him about secret pals. Harry also comes up with lots of "horrible", icky ideas. Young studnets will love Harry's fun ideas and they will feel confident that they can read a chapter book.
Mikayla
I think this book is way to easy for any adult to read. Its fine but I mean its for like kindergardeners. I have read Horrible Harry in 20 minutes. I only read it in class when I forget my book. By:Mikayla Coleman 4th Grader=)
Kristine Hansen
Aug 10, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Horrible Harry and his class have to show off some skills in school. Of course what Harry picks is horrible - how to make Green Slime.

Another fun story about Harry and his friends.
Shannon Rickert
Jan 15, 2012 Shannon Rickert rated it it was amazing
i can't wait to finish the rest in the series we have these are good reluctant reader books so if you have a young one at home who doesnt want to read have at it these are great.
Stacey
Dec 13, 2007 Stacey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 1st - 3rd graders
Shelves: kid-books
This series is hysterical--especially for little boys. My son and I were laughing out loud--quick,easy reading for the beginner readers. Best part--the deadly skit!
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
When Mrs.macky says everybody has to do a demonstrate something that that there good at and Song Lee doesn't have a partner harry asks her to be his assistant.
Crystal Scottborgh
Dec 27, 2007 Crystal Scottborgh rated it it was amazing
i adored this book... Harry is so nasty and the way that his bestfriend Doug[narrator of the book] explains it make people think or say it is even nastier =D!
Emily
Feb 12, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
My 5 year and I are working our way through our set of Horrible Harry books. He really likes them, and I don't mind them so much either.
Callie Stillion
Jul 18, 2013 Callie Stillion rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was really funny, and full of surprises.Stringing the whole school with fake cobwebs was really funny.
Roger Fisher
Feb 28, 2011 Roger Fisher rated it really liked it
This would be a very fun book for early readers, they would all wish they attend Harry's school.
Mustang
Jan 05, 2012 Mustang rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
I liked this book because they had this thing for no smoking.And i liked how harry made the slime.
Jodi
Feb 08, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a cute book for a boy in the 3rd grade who loves to get into trouble.
William Denny
Factors Inducing the Slimera Garcinia Cambogia 1 1 Nov 29, 2014 12:58AM
Secret For Body Sliming VivaBiotics 1 1 Nov 12, 2014 10:20PM
To Loose Weight Just Viva Biotics 1 1 Nov 09, 2014 09:53PM
Playing Slime Soccer game will likely be funny 1 1 May 05, 2014 12:24AM
  • The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • Everyone Else's Parents Said Yes
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • The Meanwhile Adventures
  • Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones, #6)
  • Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)
  • How David Met Sarah
  • [Citation Needed]: The Best of Wikipedia's Worst Writing
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion