Start by marking “Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon” as Want to Read:
Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon

Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon (Horrible Harry #13)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  287 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
When Harry finds an ad in the paper for a used telescope, Miss Mackle suggests that the class raise money to buy it. The telescope will make their moon study unit even more exciting! Once they get the telescope, the class can have a nighttime moonwatch. But Harry wants to do more than watch the moon-he wants to go there! Can Harry really take a trip into outer space?

"Ther
Published April 15th 2002 by Puffin Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon

Sarah Sammis
May 13, 2012 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
In Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon by Suzy Kline, Harry and his friends learn about astronomy, especially the moon, and hold a bake sale to make their trip to the moon possible.

An argument over who gets to sit on the moon patterned couch starts a class-wide research project on the moon. The students learn about the lower gravity on the moon by doing a hopping experiment in front of the blackboard. Harry decides the class needs to go to the moon. Since getting a field trip in a rocket isn't possi
Catherine Louise
Aug 01, 2015 Catherine Louise rated it really liked it
my baby books : horrible harry series
Christy
May 14, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it
Matthew Osborn
Oct 10, 2014 Matthew Osborn rated it did not like it
Did not like it. I was disappointed. I was hoping it would be more like Miss Pickerel Goes to the Moon, or The Magic School Bus. I had checked out out three Horrible Harry books, but I'm taking them all back without reading the other two.

I was hoping for an imaginative sort of fantasy adventure, but it was more like an ordinary day in an ordinary classroom.
Dolly
Jul 20, 2015 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the thirteenth book in the Horrible Harry series by Suzy Kline and Frank Remkiewicz.

We've already read several of these stories (out of order) and found them to be funny, short, and entertaining. So we decided to read as many as we could find at our local library.

I love that Harry and his classmates get excited about learning about the moon. It makes us want to break out our old telescope. It's a fun story to read aloud and we enjoyed reading it together.
Pamela Tracy
Aug 24, 2015 Pamela Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mike-s
I read the first ones almost 20 years ago when I was an elementary school teacher. Really doesn't matter what I think. The kids liked them.

Now, I'm reading them to my son. :) I liked the earlier ones better.
Seth
Apr 27, 2014 Seth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: by-myself
Harry's class is learning about the moon. They were selling moon stuff to earn money to buy a telescope. They sold cookies.
Laurie
Jan 30, 2014 Laurie rated it it was ok
Amy
Aug 11, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Harry and his classmates are studying the moon. They have a bake sale to earn money for a telescope so that they can have a moonwatch. The night of the moonwatch ends up being loads of fun. This was the first Horrible Harry book I've read, my daughter checked it out from the library. I didn't find it very funny, but it was a bit educational.
Kristine Hansen
Aug 07, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, chapter-book
I really loved how the kids came to learn about the moon. Their teacher makes me wish I could be equally creative in getting the point across to my own kids when I teach them. A really fun read!
Brittany
Nov 10, 2011 Brittany rated it liked it
Another cute Harry book! Though I wouldn't call Harry, Horrible in this book, only your typical kid, this is still another wonderful for young readers!

Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
when mrs.mackle got a new couch with moons on it harry said that they should get a telescope so they made a bake sale and harry got the most money.
Steven Daviau
this book could be used in the classroom to show what can be done using imagination. it can also be used when giving a lesson on the moon.
Jacob
Sep 12, 2009 Jacob rated it really liked it
These books are good because they are funny and in some of them he goes on crazy adventures.
Madyson
Jun 28, 2011 Madyson rated it it was amazing
It was cool because they sold things to earn money to buy a telescope!!!
Harry.yang
Oct 22, 2008 Harry.yang rated it really liked it
haha...funny..isn't it?
Suya
Suya added it
May 26, 2016
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Amy
Amy added it
May 12, 2016
Luersman
Luersman marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Aidan
Aidan marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
shanay
shanay marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Saisha
Saisha rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Benjamin Elliott
Benjamin Elliott rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Patti Russo
Patti Russo marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Talent Show from the Black Lagoon
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Nerdy Nephew
  • The School Mouse
  • When Will It Be Spring?
  • Arthur's Mystery Envelope (Arthur Chapter Book, #1)
  • Just a Few Words, Mr. Lincoln
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Nate the Great on the Owl Express
  • The Rainbow Fairies (Scholastic Reader Level 2: Rainbow Magic)
  • Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Cat
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion
  • Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding