Start by marking “Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires, #5)

Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  35,317 ratings  ·  938 reviews
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn’t the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and h
Published January 6th 2009 by Signet (first published December 17th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Misrule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Misrule

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Call To Arms Stars

The thing to do before your 17 year old birthday? Why, fight a war between vampires. Or is it vampires and humans? Or humans and humans? It seems like no one knows these days in Morganville since everyone has their own agenta.

Mr. Bishop is fighting to take Morganville from Amelie. Amelie is fighting to keep her Moranville safe, humans are fighting to take over the town from the vampires. And where does this leave our friends from the Glass House? Right in the middle of the wh
Alkyoni

Wartime in Morganville. Those siding with the vampires, go to the left. Those siding with the humans, go to the right. Those siding with both races, go to the Glass House. Oh, and there's a tornado on the way according to the weather forecast, do take cover.

What a lovely mess this book was. Parts of the plot make no sense at all, inconsistencies can be found from the second page and on (do fix that Morganville, it really is a shame) but it was still awesome.

The more I read this series, the more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
So it’s another three-star rating from my side. I was hoping Lord of Misrule will finally be THE five-star Morganville book, but it seems like we’re back to the “could have been so much better” state.

I have no idea what went wrong with this book. It had a pretty good, yet weird, start but by the end things got confusing and messed up. There are a bunch of characters that grew even more in my eyes, Claire, Shane and most importantly Myrnin. Michael and Eve were still great but I feel like I didn’
Sparkle
I first read this series last summer on ebook, so obviously I was very eager to read the next installment. And I was not disapointed.

Lord of misrule starts where it left off in Feast of fools. There's a war going on and everyone is choosing sides. The humans are revolting against the vampires and there's a storm coming. Literally.

This is by far the best book in the series with the worst cliff hanger I find myself wanting to pull my hair out until the next one comes out in June.
Shae
Well that was a giant disappointment. I was expecting something a lot different and maybe a book that didn't feel like a chapter of a larger book. The cliffhanger ending to these books drives me insane. I don't know if I'll bother to read the other books in the series when they come out. Claire is also a bit boring and I still can't see her motivations for jumping into every single problem.
Nic
Wow, I just finished and I can't believe what just happened.

Morganville has gotten to be a even scarier place to live in. In this book all hell has broken lose in Morganville with the war between Bishop and Ameile. It was another fast paced read with so many twist and turns that took me completely by suprise. And the ending, I was in shock.

I love the Claire and Shane moments in this book. It was nice to see the sweet side of Shane. All the characters were outstanding as always.

Read this serie
Arlene
What in the bloody vampires just happened??!! I knew as I had only five pages left something seriously out of control was going to occur, but I didn’t see that coming! INSANE! Myrnin oh Myrnin you’ve strangled my heart with a surgeon’s gentle touch! GAH!!!! I seriously gasped, and I am still in shock!

Lord of Misrule is book five of the Morganville Vampire series, and by far the most action packed of them all. I actually have a small headache after reading right through this book in a few short h
Elena Love
Wow...so, i was really sad and disappointed about the ending...Claire working for bishop???i mean come on people that's unacceptable...I was so angry and Michael, was such an ass...his behavior was wrong and if he betrays his friends in the other books...not that he hasn't done it yet but it's like his under someone's control...and Mr. Bishop is the most cruel character I've ever read about in a book...I wanted to stake him right in the heart alright metaphorically speaking...and Myrnin???omg hi ...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
Once again, a really great read. This book was much more action packed and eventful than the other books. Though I wasn't extremely compelled at the beginning of this book as the characters were apart, as they grouped together and the events progressed, the book became absolutely thrilling. This one was certainly action-packed and brought the series onto another level. Though I sometimes dislike lots of action as the fast pace can be hard to focus on, this one wasn't too hard to follow - it simp ...more
Mina
All the morganville books are peices of perfection. When I started reading this book however, I never got the same action and thrill as the other books. It was a bit slow paced for me.

BUT, as I explored more of Cain's story, I got into whatever was happening. Everything comes crashing down as the war between Amelie and Bishop continued. Basically, out of control! There was a vast amount of action in the book maknig me want to read more and more.

As always, some kind of romance is shown. Claire's
Nicola
Jan 28, 2011 Nicola rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of YA vampire books
This one was amazing. It's full of tension and suspense and it was literally impossible to put down. The war has started, and the vampires and humans find themselves working together to defeat a common enemy. It started off a bit slow, but once all the characters were back together, it was excellent. The plot has become quite complex, and there are so many characters to keep track of, but it wasn't hard to follow. The ending was scary, and not what I expected, so I'm hoping it changes in the nex ...more
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

I've always been a huge fan of the Morganville Vampire's series. Each installment is a short, quick read and they all read like one continuous novel since each one picks up right where the last left off. I picked up my first Morganville book 6 years ago and even though so much as changed since then I still love this series and I just can't recommend it enough to fans of YA fiction. With action, excitement, and romance this series
Fangs for the Fantasy
All out war is now tearing through Morganville. Bishop and Amelie have gathered their forces and their factions and are feinting against each other in an underground conflict that could literally tear the town apart.

Parts of the town are burning, others in ruin. Refugees are flooding to the few safe spaces and among them many humans are finally seeing a chance to throw off vampire control and are lashing out and rioting in rage. But not all of their anger is directed against the vampires – human
Sophie *Ninja Rapunzel*
i love how Shane and Michael are getting along again- they are so cute, always hugging wen they are meant to be shaking hands like guys!! >.<
Myrninn... u laways end up forgiving him and liking him and trusting him- but then he always goes and breaks that trust straight away.. but he always seems to hav a back up or a plan- i wonder wat his plan is this time
i love how the four of them- Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve all stick together even tho they are scared and really dont want to go ahea
Karin
Be aware that you will need to read the other books in the series in order to fully understand the world of the Morganville Vampire Series.

Glass Houses
Dead Girls’ Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools
Lord of Misrule

LORD OF MISRULE picks up right where FEAST OF FOOLS leaves off. Bishop is in town and Morganville is on fire. Vampires are choosing sides and the humans are using the confusion to rally together and try for a take over themselves. Claire, Shane, Michael, and Eve have their hands full and
Vickie
DAGNAB YOU RACHEL CAINE!!! Dagnab you to heck for being a fab writer and leaving such a hellah dangly cliffhanger!! One saving grace, I can go get #6 CARPE CORPUS sooner since I didn't read LORD OF MISRULE until well after it came out. CARPE is on the shelves as of June so I can get relative immediate satisfaction...just have to get to the bookshop or hit the send button on the book order.
The first in the series, GLASS HOUSES, will remain my favorite, but LORD OF MISRULE is a very close second.
Amber
Wow, everything in Morganville has turned into total chaos! The war between Amelie and her evil father Bishop, has gotten a whole lot worse. I would hate to be a pawn in their game. There's a whole lot of crazy going on.

Again, the characters are stunning. The snarky remarks and the lust between them has grown and developed. There are so many moments that will have you thrown off your path of "I know how this is going to end".

Another entertaining installment to this series!

Love this quote in th
This book was so much better than the one before it, which I am really pleased about!
This one did start out quite slowly, and I did worry that it was going to be as boring as book 4, but thankfully it picked up and got really good!
There was plenty of action, and some little unexpected twists, although we were left with the usualy cliff-hanger.
Overall;
8 out of 10

The end (view spoiler)
Susan
Grrrr..

this one ends on a REALLY bad cliffhanger, kinds of like book 2 did.

I'm tempted to drive back to Texas, find Roxanne and throttle her because of this ending!

Rizzini
ok honestly, i liked it.. but there were some instances that wasnt really clear to me. i do have questions and i hoped it'll be answered in the next series..

questions like:
- jason, i mean, what is he's role in the story? really?? (first, he's with oliver, next he betrayed amelie, now he's with bishop) hasnt he died yet from all that riot in the city hall??
-myrnin-- he's a mystery!.. which side is he really on?? just keeps on betraying claire and slipping farther into insanity.
- oliver-- what hap
Chessa
Claire
Sep 09, 2009 Claire rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire Fans!
So I'd like to start off first by saying that when you read these books, you need to appreciate them for what they are, and that is a teen fiction book. With that being said, I really enjoyed this one because it was EXTREMELY action packed! It was non-stop from start to finish, and I loved every second of it!

I like that this series has both sides of the Vampire style. The Twilightesque style where there is the good looking vampire that the girl falls in love with, and there's the Blade type vamp
Faith McKay
Really liked this one. It got very exciting, there was a lot going on here! There's always a lot going on in these books, really, but I always like the big event books like this.

I have two major complaints. The first one being that the author throws out lots of details about all sorts of things, and I'm reading all of these books right in a row in a short period of time, so I'm noticing all of the contradictions. In the beginning of this book Claire makes a statement about never having seen Amel
Anne
Hmmm.
So Claire & Company end up fighting for their lives through another adventure in Vampire Town....and we have another wild cliffhanger ending.

Yep. That pretty much sums up the whole reading experience.

It might be because I don't like Claire and Shane enough to care about what happens to them. I don't dislike them. Just ambivalent. If the story were told from Eve or Michael's point of view, I can see myself caring more. Unfortunately, those two seem far more interesting, but you never get
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Morganville is in chaos, Amelie and Bishop are gathering their forces to fight one another, some humans are seizing this opportunity for freedom from vampires, and all this stress is increasing the speed of the vampire disease. As always Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael are stuck in the middle, but will Morganville ever be the same. I really like how captivating Claire and Shane’s relationship is in this book and the
Misty
For much of this book, I was feeling like it was going into seriously cheesy territory (though still enjoyable, as Rachel Caine always is); but by the end, I was in it and anxious and speaking aloud to the damn pages, all, "No! Are you fucking kidding me; are you kidding me right now, Rachel Caine?" It's amazing how she always manages to do that - she always surprises me; she always pisses me off and impresses me in one bold stroke. Gotta hand it to her, she knows how to keep pulling a reader al ...more
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read Feast of Fools because The Morganville Vampire series has become an addiction lately, and I had to know what was happening with Claire the main character, how she would be selfless and help her friends. I also wanted to see more of her romance with Shane, because I think they are a great compliment to one another.

The usual cast of characters are in this one and I love them just as much as always. They are taking big risks because of what is at stake and it was hard to watch b
Megan
This series just keeps getting better and better. I don't think I have a read a book where from page one you sprint and keep sprinting till the end. There is so much action and twists and turns I couldn't stop reading. Lord of Misrule was so good I think it might be my favorite book in the series so far.

I love loads of the characters. Claire is just so strong she is such an old soul, Shane I fricking love him more and more. He is such a "guy" but so sensitive underneath, he kinda melted my heart
Catherine
Talk about cliffhangers! Yet another excellent installment of Morganville. I didn't see this one playing out the way it did either, so that was nice, because usually I can figure out right away how a book will end.
Abbie
The beginning of Lord of Misrule was dragging a bit, but the rest was great!

The characters haven't been as good as i remembered them to be so far, but it's starting to change! With each book, they're getting more like the characters i loved.

When the slow patch at the start went, it became really good. There was loads of action, and i had a hard time putting it down.

Overall, a great reread. The series is starting to get really good now!
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)

“Claire stretched out against the wall and kissed it. "Glad to see you, too," she whispered, and pressed her cheek against the smooth surface. It almost felt like it hugged her back.
"Dude, it's a house," Shane said from behind her. "Hug somebody who cares.”
562 likes
“Better be," Eve said. She mock-bit at his finger. "I could totally date somebody else, you know."
"And I could rent out your room."
"And I could put your game console on eBay."
"Hey," Shane protested. "Now you're just being mean.”
478 likes