Dojin Work, Volume 1

Dojin Work, Volume 1 (Dojin Work #1)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Things can be very trying for a high school student. It's tough to make extra cash...unless of course you have a special talent. Najimi's friend Tsuyuri has been making money on the side drawing naughty fan comics and selling them at conventions. Najimi doesn't have a knack for drawing comics and has fallen in with a very unusual crowd. They are living in fantasy worlds an...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Anime Works

To ask other readers questions about Dojin Work, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dojin Work, Volume 1

Lex Marie
I really wasn't sure what I was getting myself into when I picked up this book, but the premiss seemed entertaining and it was a very quick read.
The dialogue was a bit confusing at times and this book didn't have a note anywhere but in the author's bit at the back about this book being a collection of four-strip comics comprised into a full manga. (I'd had to assume it until it was confirmed.)
I wasn't prepared for the amount of perversion in the actions of the characters themselves, but this per...more
Chibineko
Being a fan of series such as Genshiken, I was immediately drawn to this book when I saw it. The series surrounds a young girl (Najimi) who has decided that she will make doujinshi in order to become wealthy after discovering that some authors make thousands of yen from selling their wares. Along for the ride are her friends Tsuyuri (who introduces her to the world of doujinshi) & Justice (a childhood friend who seems to have some designs on Najimi). Add in a moe character of Sora, who's a l...more
Trip
More manga about people who draw yaoi manga. It's not Genshiken, but it is silly.
Setsanata
A good 4-koma book about how a girl named Najimi learns to make doujinshi and profit off of it.

It's funny, and ecchi; the great combination, like that of Love Hina. I cannot wait for the release of number 2!!
Tamara
A not bad version of what I guess one aspect of producing Dojin work is like. I will look for Volume 2-used though. I like the characters and I think there is alot more fun to be had.
Danielle
Loved the anime and I really like the manga, too.
Snow
read for fun; clearing off manga-to-read shelf
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Victor
Victor added it
Jun 14, 2013
Sean Humphrey
Sean Humphrey marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Nick
Nick added it
Aug 26, 2012
Kino
Kino marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2011
Chris
Chris added it
Dec 11, 2010
マンガ家さんとアシスタントさんと 1 (Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to #1) Dojin work, Volume 3 Dojin Work, Volume 4 Dojin Work, Volume 2 マンガ家さんとアシスタントさんと 2 (Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to #2)