Start by marking “Pink Jinx (Cajun, #5)” as Want to Read:
Pink Jinx (Cajun, #5)

Pink Jinx (Cajun #5)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  792 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
From the award-winning, bestselling author of "The Red-Hot Cajun" comes this new spicy and sexy romance about a woman, her former husband, a search for pink diamonds, and an elderly Cajun matchmaker. BAITED+Straitlaced Boston lawyer Veronica "Ronnie" Jinkowsky knows something's fishy when her estranged grandfather lures her to his New Jersey treasure-hunting business with ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 358 pages
Published November 1st 2006 by Vision

To ask other readers questions about Pink Jinx, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pink Jinx

Wait for You by J. LynnEasy by Tammara WebberThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenMore Than This by Jay McLeanThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Can't Put Them Down
123rd out of 309 books — 257 voters
One for the Money by Janet EvanovichNaked in Death by J.D. RobbWolf by Kelly OliverGlory in Death by J.D. RobbTwo for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
Kick ass female sleuths!
117th out of 342 books — 147 voters

More lists with this book...

TJ
Nov 22, 2010 TJ rated it liked it
Light, romantic comedy with a good dose of snark! Love, love, loved Jake's character - not so much Veronica's. With the storyline showing us why and how they got married (4 times!) but never allowing us to understand why they broke up that many times, Veronica's character comes across as harsh and petty. Jake is willing to do whatever it takes to make it work and she is just nasty too him. Still, the humor is great fun to read as is the book as a whole.
Vicky
May 24, 2011 Vicky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

Sandra Hill is one of my favorite authors, and this book shows why. She never fails to entertain, never fails to amuse, and never fails to give exactly the right ending to her stories.

In Pink Jinx, we are introduced to Veronica “Ronnie” Jinkowsky, a straitlaced, hard as nails Boston lawyer, and Jake Jensen, a poker-playing adventurer who just happened to marry and divorce her – four times. With the help of a cast of characters ranging from Ronnie’s estranged and wild treasure hunting grandfathe
Amanda
May 05, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I checked this book out from the library. In the "Dear Reader" part of the book, Hill explains that this book is loosely based on her previous Cajun series, but one didn't have to read them in order, and that there would be recurring characters with this new series, but again, they didn't have to be read in order. I believe this to be true, however, this book was populated with way too many people and story lines. While hilarious, fun, and sexy, keeping track of people was a major pain for me. I ...more
Jess
Apr 16, 2009 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, sandra-hill
I loved this book, another great one by Sandra Hill! I originally thought that this was an extension of her Cajun series but it's not really. The characters of Tee John and Tante Lulu are in it, but they are just background characters. It also doesn't take place in the bayou. But I still loved it. This book had the same trademark quirkiness and humor as Hill's other books so I was not disappointed.

In this book, Ronnie is a high powered lawyer from Boston who has been tricked by her eccentric gr
Michelle
Dec 12, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
I haven’t read them all but I’ve definitely enjoyed the books in the Cajun series by Sandra Hill that I have caught up on. Pink Jinx is another fun example of the humor, love, and fun that each book provides. Ronnie has tried to live up to her Grandmother’s expectations as a lawyer in the Boston area but when her Grandfather asks for help in his “failing” treasure hunting business, she can’t give up the chance to try something new and possibly find some happiness in her life. Little does she kno ...more
Shannon C.
Jul 05, 2010 Shannon C. rated it liked it
Shelves: humorous
Light romantic comedy. I liked the main characters but some of the supporting cast were a bit silly/overdone. Sometimes the humor seemed like the author was trying too hard.

If you are looking for humorous romance, here are some that I liked better:
Something About You, Practice Makes Perfect, and Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James (contemp romance w/humor)
Pride Stories series by Shelly Laurenston (paranormal romance w/humor)
Mr Perfect by Linda Howard (suspense/mystery/romance w/humor)
Stee
Linda
Mar 03, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
This is a 3.5 book. I enjoyed reading it and it was fun but not much substance. The characters are interesting with Ronnie Jinkowsky and Jake Jensen having been married and divorce to each other four times. This makes the story cute.
Courtney
Jan 29, 2008 Courtney rated it liked it
This book was alright. One thing that I liked about it, that made it unique from other romance novels, was that the hero and heroine had already been married and divorced. Four times in fact. They named all their marriages - The Sappy Wedding, The Tequila Marriage, The Cowboy Marriage and The Insanity Marriage. I kept finding myself rolling my eyes at the idea of a fifth marriage though- haven't this couple learned their lesson? Fortunately, and I give a spoiler here, they don't marry again. At ...more
Krystal
Sep 11, 2007 Krystal rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
I was desperate for a book to read, read the back and the story sounded okay, and the reviews hailed it as laugh at loud funny, with sharp dialogue, so it clinched it for me, and I bought the darn thing. First couple of pages into, I reread the reviews to see if maybe I had read them correctly, and I had. They are just wrong. The dialogue is awkward, the thought processes of the characters juvenile, and I don't believe I'll be able to finish this one. I thought this book was one of those funny, ...more
Roxann
Apr 08, 2015 Roxann rated it really liked it
Love how she incorporated Tante Lulu and Tee-John with new character in the "Yankee world"
Amy Denim
May 01, 2011 Amy Denim rated it liked it
Shelves: favorite-authors
I love Sandra Hill, but I didn't think this was one of her best books. I like the two main characters, but the secondary characters, which you can usually count on for a good laugh, weren't as interesting this time. Tante Lulu seems overdone this time. I just didn't buy into the fact that she was going to St. Jude somebody she didn't even really know. I've heard the books in this series get better, and of course I'm going to keep reading. I am excited that the next book is about Caleb. Who would ...more
Theresa Hurley
Mar 09, 2016 Theresa Hurley rated it really liked it
Great story! Laughed alot for this one! Ronnie and Jake are great together!
Maddison Bullock
Jul 07, 2014 Maddison Bullock rated it really liked it
cute, clever, witty, romantic, adventure about love and family. Loved it!
Carol
Jan 07, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book for several reasons. The NJ locations mentioned are very close the where I used to live, so it was like going home. I was delighted to find some of the characters from the Cajun series in the bool. Tante Lulu is like a Cajun version of one of my favorite characters, Grandma Mazur from Janet Evenovich's Stephanie Plum series.
You can tell from the beginning of the book that four time divorced main characters are going to get back together. As Tante Lulu would say "You c
Lisa
Mar 19, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
I don't remember reading anything by this author before this book. I actually picked it up on a whim at a used book sale. I'm really glad I did. Ronnie and Jake were fun. Tante Lulu was a hoot; reminded me a bit of my Gram.
Bibliobabe
Jan 31, 2016 Bibliobabe rated it liked it
What fun! Conniving family members, not so smart mob members, and a great big treasure hunt.
Jelantik
Mar 13, 2008 Jelantik rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english-book
I love this book. It is a so funny story about treasure hunting. But the main story is about relationship between a woman and a man who keep remarried and redevorcing for 4 times!! who ever can think of such a funny situation.

You will find your self smiling when you're reading this book. There are so many characters that are very interesting without distrubing the main story of this roman.

You got to read this!
Amber
Aug 30, 2010 Amber rated it it was amazing
Laurie
Dec 28, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it
Heavily romantic comedy about a woman and her 4 time ex husband.They are thron together on a treasure hunt by her grandfather.The characters were very stereotypical.The story was cute but could have been a lot funnier.
Sara
Jan 16, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
This was a rather funny tale of romance on the high seas. Only in this case, the people involved are modern-day treasure hunters who find themselves somewhat involved with the Mob and Coast Guard.
Mem
Feb 06, 2010 Mem rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jinx series about the Jinx salvage company. Jake and Veronica have been married and divorced 4 times. Her father wants grandchildren and tricks them into helping with an ocean recovery job.
C K
Oct 10, 2012 C K rated it it was amazing
Go Tante Lulu! This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Brandifer
May 15, 2009 Brandifer rated it did not like it
I liked the two main characters, but it seemed like the author couldn't decide if she was writing romance, comedy, or suspense and wasn't good at any of them. UGH.
Pam
Jun 09, 2010 Pam rated it it was amazing
I loved the Jinx books. They are about treasure hunting. They include the Cajun characters from her Cajun books too. Great story and characters too.
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
If a book has the word Jinx in it, I don't think twice I move on, ignore it, erase it from my memory, don't read it. I blame it on this book.
Tina
Jun 28, 2011 Tina rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading about stories from the state of LA...this was an adventurous book the whole way through.
Jasmin Moerani
Jul 19, 2016 Jasmin Moerani rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-romance
Light and funny reading. Cool and interesting protagonists and engaging background story.
Marilyn
Aug 11, 2015 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Marilyn by: Found myself
This is the 2nd. time I've read the Jinx series and won't be the last!!!!
Rachel
Jul 30, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I always enjoy the humor and sexiness of a Sandra Hill novel.
Anna
Jan 11, 2008 Anna added it
Silly books but a good read, they make me laugh...:)
  • Dancing Shoes and Honky-Tonk Blues
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Flirting with Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas #5)
  • Lovescape
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
  • A New Attitude
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • You Only Love Twice
  • Here for the Cake
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • The Thrill of It All
  • All That You Are
  • With This Ring (Denim & Spurs, #1)
  • Blog It Out, Bitch
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • Just One Taste (Recipe for Love #3)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh
More about Sandra Hill...

Cajun (9 books)
  • The Love Potion (Cajun, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2)
  • The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3)
  • The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun, #4)
  • Pearl Jinx (Cajun, #6)
  • Wild Jinx (Cajun, #7)
  • So Into You (Cajun, #8)
  • Snow on the Bayou (Tante Lulu Adventure, #1)