Start by marking “Estrela” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  6,784 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
No casamento da irmã, Crystal, a filha mais nova da influente família Wyatt, apaixona-se perdidamente por Spencer Hill, um belo capitão, entretanto desmobilizado e estudante de Direito na Universidade de Stanford. Contudo, Crystal tem apenas dezasseis anos, enquanto que o atraente futuro advogado tem vinte e sete. Esta diferença de idades não permite que se concretize a pa ...more
Capa Mole, 288 pages
Published 2007 by Bertrand (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Estrela, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Estrela

Jul 23, 2012 Brandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I was very young and have revisited it over the years. This book is really one of my favorites, but I couldn't bring myself to give it 5 stars. Crystal and Spencer (the main characters in the story) obviously love one another very much, however, they make so many mistakes and it takes years and years for them to end up together. So many years wasted - it literally gave me anxiety attacks. I found myself actually getting angry with them (as if they were actual people) and I ...more
Jenny George
Jun 02, 2016 Jenny George rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-have
4 stars.

-Story of Crystal Wyatt. (Her life was always surrounded by Hollywood. In Dreams at first and in reality when she was 18.)

I was not much intrigued by the book, but my friend Ann was, and I think it's an emotional roller-coaster for a lot others. This book will make you cry tears of happiness.

The ending felt rushed and I wanted more on Crystal,Spencer and Zeb's future (family)life at least as an epilogue.I wish there was more pages to the book, especially the last 3 pages could have been
May 31, 2009 Marla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After World War II Crystal Wyatt, a beautiful young woman moves to Hollywood dreaming of singing and acting in films. She meets and falls in love with Spencer Hille, He thinks she is too young for marriage and convinces himself he's not in love. Spencer later marries someone, who suits his family and life style as a lawyer. Crystal makes it big as a Hollywood star. When the characters meet again they realize they are destined to be together. However, there's a lot of suffering on the way. I thin ...more
May 24, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this book as a teenager and I always find myself coming back to it! All time favorite.
Aug 03, 2009 Rekha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adultfiction
My friends and I, when we were freshman in college, got a hold of a copy of this book and read it aloud to each other each night, a chapter at a time, and we laughed until we wanted to die every single night. It was good times.
Raegan Billinger
Oct 11, 2014 Raegan Billinger rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Abandoned at 15% because I couldn't take another mention of Crystal's "amazingness" or "beauty" or how she was in love with a guy she met once and who was twice her age. (Shudder)
Ushlah Aluthge
Nov 04, 2012 Ushlah Aluthge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Another heart touching book!
I really don’t understand how Danielle Steel could write so touching book.
Or maybe because it’s always based on a girl.
A girl (Crystal) has known this guy (Spencer) when she was fourteen years old-he did ask her to marry him-but not the right time –always! –They find each other again once he’s engaged to another girl –then again after he gets married to his fiancée- Then he realized that he does not love his wife.

The girl (Crystal) mixed up with another guy & thin
Selene Gudino
Jun 06, 2009 Selene Gudino rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
A sweet love story about a girl who wants to become a hollywood star and a guy involved in the military.
I've read quiet a few books of Danielle Steel and i've cried and laugh a lot with most of them, but sadly this wasn't one of the finest works from Mrs. Steel. I feel that the story needed a little more of strenght, it was a little more predictable that it should have (when you've read a lot you kindda see it comming). But even though, it is a nice read.
If you liked this book you'll really en
Aug 02, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, though I don't agree with some of the choices that the characters made. Steel repeats herself constantly, telling us over and over how beautiful Crystal is, as if we'd forget that she, or any of Steel's characters for that matter, are anything but stunningly beautiful. But overall a great read about one woman's ability to survive.

Anie  Bats
Apr 28, 2016 Anie Bats rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice love story about a girl who wanted to become a Hollywood star. The problems and bad people she had to face which is a reality. It's the harsh reality shown that is often seen in this stream. The guy is involved in the military and the two people are not able to meet until the end but thank god, it was it was a happy ending that kept the good mood.
Cara Byrne
I liked the story, classic Danielle Steel where two people can't be together for whatever reason but it all works out in the end. I saw another review on here where somebody remarked on her repeating herself on numerous occasions as if she's trying to pad the book out, which I totally agree with - that's the only downer really.
Jun 18, 2015 Umang rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little harsh what happened to the girl but I guess that's sort of reality. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Danielle Steel - I think it's one of her best. I enjoyed it all the way through and I didn't want it to end. It was great.
Feb 07, 2012 Brandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book started out much butter than it ended. Parts of her books are so believable and then it spins off in to the fantasy world. The relationship between Crystal & her mother after her Dad died wasn't believable. It also seemed rushed towards the end. It was an ok book though.
Sep 02, 2007 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: daniellesteel
This is a great book about multiple personality disorder. It was really fascinating to me to hear about a girl that dealt with a trauma and how that developed into MPD. I would definately recommend this book.
Jun 24, 2011 Emilie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this when I was 13 and it was my favorite book then, but I doubt I would still love it as much.
May 12, 2013 HÜLYA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Son sahnesinde resmen ağladım.Çok güzel dokunaklı bir hikaye.Mucize gibi bir aşk.
Sep 22, 2009 Marnie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Enjoyed the movie better than the book. Can you believe that one?
Oct 05, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, contemporary
From obscurity to Hollywood and the life of the wealthy, politics, law and the right social circles make romance seem impossible for Crystal and Spencer from diametrically opposite backgrounds but self awareness results from their growing attraction - will they leave all they have known ? Can a life together be at all possible. A mostly gripping story and a well-researched basis makes for great dramatic moments, as the story unfolds. Great for a wet weekend or holiday and a good break from non f ...more
Antónia  Kapová
Bolo to celkom dobré,ale veľa vecí mi tam prišlo prehnaných a nemala som na to nervy,až som prevrácala z toho oči.
Ale aj tak si myslím,že sa táto kniha aj celkom oplatí prečítať,pretože sa veľmi dobre číta a má veľmi dobrý a nepredvídateľný dej.Samozrejme ma táto kniha tiež aj veľa emócií,pretože to napísala Danielle Steel.
Aug 04, 2015 Stasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read the synopsis of "Star" several years ago but could not remember what it was about. Nevertheless I decided to give it a try.

It was certainly not the best Danielle Steel novel that I have read but it was satisfactory. I knew how it was going to end,that the two main characters,Spencer Hill and Crystal Wyatt, would end up together.I just did not know how.

The story spans a 14-year period,set mostly in California,in the late 40s up to 1963.Not to give much away but from the outside it appe
Jan 05, 2014 Marcie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-regular
I found myself enjoying this book despite myself, which is why I give it only 3 stars. I think the characters are fairly interesting, but the romance aspects are on-again and off-again so often that it's a bit too much drama for my personal taste. Then again, anyone who is a "star" gets cloaked in the traditional concepts of it's not so far out there. Danielle Steele is a novelist who writes in the romance genre, typically, and I enjoy that aspect. This book I picked up at a local lib ...more
Aug 20, 2014 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
If you've missed the 1990s TV movie version and want to relive it in the print version, you'll fall in love with Danielle Steel's Star. We were introduced to Crystal Wyatt, a young, innocent and striking beautiful woman who was resented by all, except for her loving father. They both shared the love for his California ranch. And when her father dies, it left Crystal alone and unprotected. When devastating events happened in her peaceful valley, she escaped with her dreams, beauty and voice, she ...more
ice cold seduction aka kiss of a sniper
Ich habe nur 15 % gelesen, und konnte nicht mehr weiter. Zu langatmig, zu viele Wiederholungen, dadurch sehr nervig; Reines Erzählen, fast keine Handlungen.

Die Hauptprotagonistin ist eine Märchenfigur, nicht real, nicht lebendig, kann mich mit ihr überhaupt nicht identifizieren ganz zu schweigen davon, ihr ein ganzes Buch lang zu folgen und mit ihr mitzufühlen. Das Buch ist eher etwas für kleine 14-16 jährige Mädchen.

Da ich nur so wenig gelesen habe, vergebe ich keine Sterne; Wenn aber, dann wär
Jun 01, 2014 Nedeauk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all time favorites. There is love and hatred, happiness and sadness, birth and death. It is beautifully written, and it is worth it. I have read it more than five times, and the first time reading it was 4 years ago. This is also coming from someone who barely re-reads books. I lent my copy to a friend and she moved away (with it still in her possession) so I had to buy another! Read it. Love it.
Barbara Darrin
One star rating at best. This tedious story is too long by 100 pages. I got so tired of Uber-Wuss Spencer Hill and his constant indecisiveness! The ending was contrived to say the least. Why I kept reading this tripe is still beyond me! Definitely not one of Steel's best IMO. Would not recommend this book nor would I ever want to revist any of the characters in it.
Latrice London
Jan 18, 2013 Latrice London rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-it-already
I've read this book before a few years ago and must say, the reading experience was different this time around, now that I'm older. The book was still addicting. But the on-off "relationship" Spencer and Crystal had was tiring after a while. All in all I am in love with this book, and this surely wasn't the last time I've read it.
Ami Nurlianti
Couldnt bear to finish this book as soon as I can. The life of Crystal Wyatt is just miserable from the start. I found that Spencer Hill is a swing chooser, somehow I got really annoyed over his attitude. Overall the story is quite enchanting and thrilling.
Elza Balaj
Jun 09, 2014 Elza Balaj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very inspirational book....StarDanielle Steel
Sep 06, 2013 Bidisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gave me many emotions twisting inside me.. So many ups and downs and struggles.. and the ending still doesnt make you upset. It made me really happy by the time i'd finished reading. This book is just beautiful!
Leilani Hardee
Jul 06, 2016 Leilani Hardee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this book. I tend to like a lot of Ms. Steel's earlier works before she was mass producing her books. I thought the book was well written, and it was a fairly easy read. It took me about 20 pages to get into it, but after that it was smooth sailing.
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. main character name is crystal [s] 3 24 Feb 01, 2014 12:28PM
Danielle Steel Bo...: Star 1 4 Nov 20, 2012 03:25AM
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Danielle Steel
  • Charm!
  • Till We Meet Again
  • The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas / Gabriel's Angel
  • Crown Jewel
  • Forbidden Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #3)
  • The Master Stroke
  • The Hellion
  • Dead of Wynter
  • Rock Star
  • Angel
  • The Rule of Four
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...

“She wore a dress the same color as her eyes her father brought her from San Francisco.” 0 likes