Pocket Guide to APA Style

Pocket Guide to APA Style

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  7 reviews
An ideal tool for students writing research papers across the disciplines, THE POCKET GUIDE TO APA STYLE, Third Edition, offers straightforward explanations, annotated examples, and margin notes designed to help students write properly documented papers in the latest APA style. Thorough and practical, this concise guide is not only less expensive and easier for undergradua...more
Published October 14th 2008 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published July 22nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Pocket Guide to APA Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pocket Guide to APA Style

Anna
This is a clear, to the point, and easy to follow guide to APA format. It cuts through all of the confusing information from the manual that isn't pertinent to student papers and focuses specifically on writing in APA style at the undergraduate level. It has 2 sample papers in the back for students to follow as well as an extensive section of citations, references, and avoiding plagiarism.
Kipi
Dec 10, 2012 Kipi rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
This book causes more problems for my students than it helps them. Much better to skip it and get a copy of the APA Publication Manual for less money than this one.
Rachel
Well it looks like I'm finished with this one for the semester. This was a useful guide as I was new to using APA Style for papers. There were a few things that I had to lookup in different sources, just for more clarification. Overall, a very useful booklet to have if you're going to be writing a lot in APA style.
Mrs. TB
Not something I would suggest for a FUN read, but it is a very useful, simple explanation of APA style, which is of course more challenging than the ever-popular MLA Format.
Emily
Has useful information in how to use APA styler, however I can find this information on the internet for free, didn't have to buy the $50 dollar book (stupid class)
Michelle
Not user-friendly at all. I would recommend a different source for APA documentation.
Caline
Caline marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Wan Ching
Wan Ching marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Regine
Regine is currently reading it
Jul 05, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Feb 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
APA Style 2010 Pocket Guide to the Chicago Manual of Style Handbook for College Research Pocket Guide to APA Style 2010, Update Edition, 3rd Edition The Beacon Handbook and Desk Reference