Start by marking “The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)” as Want to Read:
The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)

The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)

When their mother sends them packing, the Three Little Pigs are forced to build houses of their own. They better be sturdy and strong because the Big Bad Wolf is on the prowl, and he's ready to huff and puff his way inside. Will they survive against this hungry beast? Or will the pigs become his next tasty treat?
Published January 1st 2010 by Stone Arch Books (first published January 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Little Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Little Pigs

Raina
The illustration style in this version of the fairytale is wild. Twisted. Fractured, even. The curlequed claws of the wolf bring to mind the animated film “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and other hip, creepy images. However, the tale that is told is very traditional. The pigs leave their mother, build their houses, are pursued by the wolf, and defeat him with a pot of boiling water at the bottom of the chimney. The only variation entails the third little pig standing up the wolf for a series o ...more
Rachael Franks
Text-to-self: Recently someone stole my iPhone. I have realized that sometimes people will try and put a dent in your life, but its all about the attitude. The last little pig had a secure place to stay and then he fought against evil. I feel like that is the same in the situation I am in currently.

Text-to-text: This reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears. She breaks into their homes and takes something from them. They also both have good endings and in the end no one is harmed. Also in bo
Nicola Mansfield
This graphic novel is label reading level 1, though I do say it is a but harder than that but nevertheless my son had no problems reading this out loud to me. The story keeps true to the traditional tale we are all familiar with with no watering down and tiny little twist at the end that is very clever. The illustrations are wonderful and creepy. You honestly have to give this book a read once you've had a look at the illustrations. Ds looked forward to reading it everyday. We have another in th ...more
Alicia
Jun 03, 2013 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a highly appealing, graphic novel version of The Three Little Pigs. Students who saw the cover were intrigued by the wild stylization of the pigs and wolf illustrations. The tale was close to the traditional version with a welcomed twist at the end. There is a glossary with an appropriate selection of words,history of the story, discussion questions, writing prmopts and internet supplements that are all of high quality. This series is also available in Spanish.
Amy Ringquist
This edgy version of the classic three little pigs story is a wonderful contribution to a compare and contrast lesson. The story follows the same plot so provides similarities, but these drawings make the wolf and pigs look slightly deranged and appeals to older elementary readers. It provides a good example of graphic novel conventions with onomatopoeia, thought/dialogue bubbles and narration.
Reading Equivalent = 2.0, however I feel the graphics make it more appropriate to grades 3-5
Duane
Jan 07, 2010 Duane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great graphic novel for readers that want to graduate from Picture Book level. The illustrations are done in a spooky style that will appeal to "older" readers. It's done in a preteen look, but still follows the story of the Three Pigs. A great addition to your graphic novel library.
Claudia
Kaiti and I thoroughly enjoyed it...kinda creepy. The illustration on the cover took some explanation for her...two huge, hairy 'arms' of the wolf, reaching with clutching claws for the three brothers.
Miri
These pigs are really ugly.
Rachel
Creepy artwork that I loved. The little little ones might find it a bit too creepy? Same old pigs, but the artwork made it special. Nonetheless, both my six-year- old and I enjoyed it.
Katelynn
Happy endings should always be like this one.
Ashley
Jul 05, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
Not much to say about this one. It was cute and the pictures were fun, but it was a pretty straight telling of the 3 little pigs. It did have a little bit of a cliff hanger at the end.
Heydi Smith
I agree with other reviewers that the illustrations of this simple story are creepy but it brings a fresh perspective and a bit of fun.
Rebekah
Dec 02, 2011 Rebekah rated it liked it
Typical 3 Little Pigs but it was still cute.
Nicole
I found the illustrations funny, made an old well-told tale new again.
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Yassin Yamen
Yassin Yamen rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2016
Ghislaine
Ghislaine rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Dolores
Dolores rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Aneezah Ahmed
Aneezah Ahmed rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Yalil Nieves
Yalil Nieves rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Acton
Acton rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2011
Sarah rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2011
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
9554196 rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2009
harlequin {Stephanie}
harlequin {Stephanie} rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Whitney Maas
Whitney Maas rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2013
Jeff
Jeff rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2016
Lisa Trumbauer has written early-learner books for Scholastic's Jump Start series and published numerous other activity books, picture books, and novels for middle-school readers, including the New York Times bestseller A Practical Guide to Dragons.
More about Lisa Trumbauer...