Start by marking “The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)” as Want to Read:
The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)

The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When their mother sends them packing, the Three Little Pigs are forced to build houses of their own. They better be sturdy and strong because the Big Bad Wolf is on the prowl, and he s ready to huff and puff his way inside. Will they survive against this hungry beast? Or will the pigs become his next tasty treat?"
Published January 1st 2010 by Stone Arch Books (first published January 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Little Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Little Pigs

Rachael Franks
Text-to-self: Recently someone stole my iPhone. I have realized that sometimes people will try and put a dent in your life, but its all about the attitude. The last little pig had a secure place to stay and then he fought against evil. I feel like that is the same in the situation I am in currently.

Text-to-text: This reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears. She breaks into their homes and takes something from them. They also both have good endings and in the end no one is harmed. Also in bo
The illustration style in this version of the fairytale is wild. Twisted. Fractured, even. The curlequed claws of the wolf bring to mind the animated film “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and other hip, creepy images. However, the tale that is told is very traditional. The pigs leave their mother, build their houses, are pursued by the wolf, and defeat him with a pot of boiling water at the bottom of the chimney. The only variation entails the third little pig standing up the wolf for a series o ...more
Creepy artwork that I loved. The little little ones might find it a bit too creepy? Same old pigs, but the artwork made it special. Nonetheless, both my six-year- old and I enjoyed it.
Heydi Smith
I agree with other reviewers that the illustrations of this simple story are creepy but it brings a fresh perspective and a bit of fun.
Nicola Mansfield
This graphic novel is label reading level 1, though I do say it is a but harder than that but nevertheless my son had no problems reading this out loud to me. The story keeps true to the traditional tale we are all familiar with with no watering down and tiny little twist at the end that is very clever. The illustrations are wonderful and creepy. You honestly have to give this book a read once you've had a look at the illustrations. Ds looked forward to reading it everyday. We have another in th ...more
This is a highly appealing, graphic novel version of The Three Little Pigs. Students who saw the cover were intrigued by the wild stylization of the pigs and wolf illustrations. The tale was close to the traditional version with a welcomed twist at the end. There is a glossary with an appropriate selection of words,history of the story, discussion questions, writing prmopts and internet supplements that are all of high quality. This series is also available in Spanish.
This is a great graphic novel for readers that want to graduate from Picture Book level. The illustrations are done in a spooky style that will appeal to "older" readers. It's done in a preteen look, but still follows the story of the Three Pigs. A great addition to your graphic novel library.
Kaiti and I thoroughly enjoyed it...kinda creepy. The illustration on the cover took some explanation for her...two huge, hairy 'arms' of the wolf, reaching with clutching claws for the three brothers.
Not much to say about this one. It was cute and the pictures were fun, but it was a pretty straight telling of the 3 little pigs. It did have a little bit of a cliff hanger at the end.
This version of the Three Little Pigs cracked me up. I loved the crazy illustrations.
Stone Arch fairy tale
Based on Joseph Jacob's version of the English folktale
I found the illustrations funny, made an old well-told tale new again.
Typical 3 Little Pigs but it was still cute.
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
osoordinary marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Angelina Wang
Angelina Wang marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Maggie added it
Jul 20, 2015
LaDonna is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2015
April N
April N marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Beth added it
Oct 07, 2014
Summer added it
Jul 14, 2014
Amanda Gronemeyer
Amanda Gronemeyer marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Misty marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Lisa Trumbauer has written early-learner books for Scholastic's Jump Start series and published numerous other activity books, picture books, and novels for middle-school readers, including the New York Times bestseller A Practical Guide to Dragons.
More about Lisa Trumbauer...