Start by marking “Having Hope” as Want to Read:
Having Hope

Having Hope

After being reunited with Adam Bridger, the missionary she waited for for two long years, Kit Matthews experiences feelings she cannot ignorepromptings that take her halfway around the world. The strong connection she feels with orphans in Romania because of her own abandonment at birth draws Kit to Romania where she meets a Romanian medical student, Marceland when Kit cha ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Bonneville (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Having Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Having Hope

Heidi
Aug 07, 2012 Heidi rated it it was amazing
As I've mentioned in other reviews, there are some characters that I feel a special affinity for, that I really come to care about what happens to them. Kit is one of those characters. It didn't take me long into the first book before I really cared about Kit and what was going on in her life. The fact that the story is told by Kit herself adds to that closeness because I got to know not only what she said and did but what she thought and felt as well. Kit is a well-rounded character with both ...more
Kathryn
Jan 31, 2011 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Tristi
Jul 23, 2009 Tristi rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
"Having Hope" is LDS author Terri Ferran's latest novel and is the sequel to "Finding Faith," which I reviewed here.

Kit Matthews has been waiting for her missionary for the last two years. During that time, she has grown in her own knowledge of the gospel and feels more comfortable with the whole Mormon culture that had her so baffled when she first moved to Utah. When Adam comes home, she hopes a proposal will come her way, but she's completely surprised to find her heart turning another direct
Lexie
Jul 18, 2012 Lexie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
After reading the first two books in the Faith, Hope, and Charity series, I was completely wrapped up in the lives of Kit and her family and friends and couldn't wait to find out more!

Again, one my favorite parts about this book was Kit, the main character. I found her personality to be so "real". Many fictional characters are cut from the same perfect, cookie cutter mold. But Kit was unique in her imperfections and yet totally lifelike in her emotional insecurities. I could definitely relate to
LuAnn
Feb 07, 2010 LuAnn rated it liked it
Shelves: lds
I suppose you might said I had a lot of hope when I began reading this book, and for nearly all of it my hope for a great read was being fulfilled. I was interested in the story, the romance elements were believable, and for the most part I felt the character was believable, although at times a little annoying. It was toward the end of the book that I became disappointed. I felt the main character, Kit, was beating a dead horse in her dislike for Ruth. Although I can understand her concern, ther ...more
Nicole
Sep 16, 2009 Nicole rated it it was ok
Like I said about the prequel to this book, Finding Faith, the story was pretty realistic and made sense - which I find refreshing in LDS fiction. I felt like there were almost too many plots going on, though, and they were all wrapped up pretty quickly. Some of them weren't fully resolved though, which makes me think there may be a third book coming on this character. There could have been some additional editing, though. There were some pretty unnecessary descriptions and paragraphs that didn' ...more
Tausha
Mar 06, 2014 Tausha rated it really liked it
I didn't love this book but I did enjoy reading it. It was a quick, cute, fun, clean read. I am still not sure about how I feel with the whole "Marcel" thing. I was not to happy with how Kit handled that whole situation, but was grateful she figured it out in the end. I had a friend serve a mission in Romania and the description in this book about the orphanages match my friends experiences. So sad! Anyway, fun book to put on my read shelf but not the read again shelf. :)
PrivateLibrary
Apr 22, 2009 PrivateLibrary rated it liked it
Heidi
Oct 23, 2009 Heidi rated it really liked it
I think I liked this book so well was because it had a good story, but also because the story was honest. This author's writing style is subdued, but everything about it, including and beyond the testimony aspects, had the "ring of truth." It wasn't too saccharine, nor was it cavalier to sacred things. I completely recommend this book and it's predecessor, Finding Faith.
Katherine
Jul 25, 2016 Katherine rated it really liked it
Great ending to the story of Kit and Adam. I had brief moments of concern as I read farther and farther into the book. Would happily ever after happen? Would everything fall apart? I finished satisfied and content.
Taylor
Mar 31, 2009 Taylor rated it it was amazing
I am sure that this will be a great book. My aunt Terri is such an amazing aunt. She does so much for the family. With her first book, she did great. I am sure she will do an amazing job with this one. She always does.
Katie W
Jan 04, 2010 Katie W rated it liked it
I enjoyed this sequel, although not quite as much as the first book. Things happened too quickly for me and were resolved too fast. I do enjoy the author's writing style--I really felt like Kit was a friend of mine, telling me this story.
Emmeli
Aug 25, 2009 Emmeli rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels
I love the humor of the book and all the conflicts in it. Nothing better then a clean Mormon Novel! I just wish Clair came up in the book

--First finished book of my Freshman year of school--1st tri
Patricia
Apr 04, 2014 Patricia rated it it was ok
Once again, like in book one, this book read like a journal. That creates a somewhat slow pace to the story. I feel frustration with the character Kit. She did it in book 1 and again in book 2--can she stay committed when out of view? I knew girls like this. Anyway, this book was OK.
Rachelle
Sep 18, 2010 Rachelle rated it really liked it
This was the sequel to Finding Faith. One of those LDS authored books that you would find in Desert Book. I can't lie, I am a sucker for a good mormon romance novel. I loved both of these books!
Sheila
Dec 13, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It had a really good storyline that made me more aware of the orphans in Romania. This was a quick read for me. I would like to read more books written by Terri.
Aly
Jul 20, 2009 Aly rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best books I have ever read. It is the sequel to Finding Faith. So far I LOVE this book
Tina Scott
Aug 25, 2012 Tina Scott rated it really liked it
I was skeptical before I started the book, but was hooked by page one! It's a Mormon romance with a little more substance than most.
Amber
May 02, 2009 Amber rated it liked it
Not bad for a sequel. It made me wonder what experience that author had in order to write about the orphanages and hospitals of Romania. It seemed realistic to me.
Elise
Apr 23, 2009 Elise rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to get this book!! As soon as i can get to the Book store i will be reading it!! If it's anything like the first i will have a hard time to set it down!!
Brooke
Aug 19, 2011 Brooke rated it it was ok
Shelves: lds
meh. Feels like I wasted my time.
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
May 14, 2009
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Ashley Justice
Ashley Justice rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Brikenna Sheppick
Brikenna Sheppick rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Annissa
Annissa rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Delona
Delona rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Spotlight
  • Family by Design
  • Smart Move
  • When the Bough Breaks
  • Previously Engaged
  • A Modest Proposal (Butterfly Box, #1)
  • Trespass (Traitor, #3)
  • Time and Eternity
  • Count Down to Love
  • Taking Chances (Alpine, #2)
  • The Bewitching of Amoretta Ipswich (Three Little Girls Dressed in Blue)
  • The Kissing Tree
  • My Forever (Next Door Boys #3)
  • Methods of Madness