Triple Threat

Triple Threat

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Subject: Airborne Captain Eli Murdoch.
Current status: Ready and raring to go
Mission: Serve his country.
Obstacle: Sexy Tara Swenson. Impossible to resist.
Weddings are a minefield for Eli Murdoch. Each time he goes to one, he falls into bed with the same woman--Tara Swenson But a relationship between a footloose soldier and a homebody can never work. Can it?
Tara can't se...more
ebook, Harlequin Blaze, Uniformly Hot!, 62 pages
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Triple Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triple Threat

Dina
This story was so short that Harlequin should be ashamed of calling it a "book". The plot was non-existent, the hero and the heroine had no real personality and their falling in love was completely unbelievable.

Why do I even bother downloading free e-books? There´s a lesson to be learned here...
Mojca
Okay, so maybe the rating was influenced by the fact I read it right after More Than a Man, but compared to that book, this short, fluffy, a bit cheesy, and rushed freebie e-download was a true literary pearl.

My brain needed to relax and unwind, and this little thing provided the right outlet.

A cute, shallow quickie was right what I needed.
Verity
FLuff, too brief & pretty lame for a Blaze. Rushed ending sucks. Hero isn't too deep & heroine confesses her luv 1st. No wonder it's free =^2

E-Harlequin synopsis :
Subject: Airborne Captain Eli Murdoch.

Current status: Ready and raring to go!

Mission: Serve his country.

Obstacle: Sexy Tara Swenson. Impossible to resist.

Weddings are a minefield for Eli Murdoch. Each time he goes to one, he falls into bed with the same woman—Tara Swenson! But a relationship between a footloose soldier and a h...more
Meandering Tales aka *Coco Michele*
When a short makes you wish it were longer, the author has accomplished her aim. I enjoyed the plot/characters. Always enjoy a heroine that doesnt back down from fighting for the the love of her hero...no matter how alpha he acts. Havent read anything from this author before, but this was a good sampling to make me read more full-length titles by her in the future.
Pamela(AllHoney)
A really short novella that didn't really deliver for me. Eli Murdock is in town for a friend's wedding and hooks up with Tara Swenson again. Not much of a story. But for people who like short steamy novellas then you might like this one. It just wasn't to my taste.
Holly
This was a free Nook download. It was short but fun. I enjoyed both main characters. The fact that they had history made the story more believable. I did think the final resolution came about rather quickly, but that's to be expected in a novel this size.
Lauren
Oct 29, 2012 Lauren rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012, own
I really liked this. It was light and sweet and free. What's not to like!
Tina
I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. I felt the romance was very sweet despite the H/h being extremely young. I know they were probably suposed to be older, but they came across as around 16-18 years old. Although Tara was much more mature, so I was able to connect with her more than Eli.

Eli was very immature, to the point of being TSTL. Especially in the beginning when he was with his buddy Mitch. I admit, I came this → ← close to DNF'ing within the first chapter, but I'm g...more
Korey
I did not have any expectations on this book and EVEN THEN it still fell horribly short.

For starters, I didn't know or realize that Triple Threat was only 50 e-pages in length. Once I had this realization, I falsely figured that such a short story would be packed to the brim teeming with sexuality and ridiculous scenarios. I couldn't help but assume that the lack of pages would be made up for with good content.

False -- just super-short, unimaginative sex scene(s?), with an increddddibly cheesy a...more
Sarah Coleman
In my defense, it was free. And short.

But no. Just no.

The story was ridiculously contrived and awkward. If this were a real life couple, they would be divorced in record time. Even by fantasy novel standards, I don't think that this story makes any sense. How does the heroine go from denying any attraction to him to professing love in two days?

Speaking of that, she not so subtly tells him her feelings at least twice, when he doesn't reciprocate, she just gets less subtle. By the third or fourt...more
A.M.
The plot is simply: Tara has fancied Eli since they were kids. Eli is deeply involved in his military career and doesn't think there's room in his life for women. Except every time they meet, they end up in bed. And (let's admit it) they hardly put up more than a token effort to stay out of each other's arms!

This was a free giveaway during eBook Week. It's a quick read but it lacks the conflict and drama that really makes a romance good for me -- this is steamy fun with a guaranteed happy ending...more
Nicole
Triple Threat is a quick read. It is about two characters who have hooked up in the past and are desperate not to do so again. However there is undeniable chemistry that they cannot avoid. Steamy chemistry is the only thing this book has to offer. While the female lead opens up about her past and her feelings, the male lead does not do the same. In the last chapter the female lead takes a too far out of character turn in the conversation, that left me feeling turned around. I would not recommend...more
L.
Typical story of Boy Bangs Girl. Boy leaves the very next day and is gone for an extended time. Boy returns and bangs Girl. Boy leaves the very next day and is again gone for an extended time. Boy returns and bangs girl. Boy decides this is all that's needed to establish a long and lasting relationship. Boy declares love for Girl because this is a Harlequin and really, what did you expect? Story ends before the inevitable bitter breakup.
Shannon Renee
I get that this book was a novella, but it seemed to be cut from a longer version, and it was so disconjoined I couldn't wait to finish it. I think it would of had promise if it had been in longer form, but I didn't get the relationship. There are plenty of short novellas that are just perfect. This is not one if them. Glad it was free on the Nook
Livia
TRIPLE THREAT is an entry in the Harlequin Blaze Uniformly Hot series, and the story is very hot. A typical military romance except that the relationship is on again/off again sex only, at least on the part of the hero. The heroine has other ideas and both sets of feelings are explored in this wonderful fast paced story.
Beckey
This was an interesting short story of about 50 pages (free read).
Eli is a military man striving to make a career out of it, Never wanting to settle down. That was until Tara. They have had several brief encounters in the past but this time it was different...
Anna
Just okay for me. A military man keeps coming back to his home town and has one-nighters with a teacher when they attend wedding of mutual friends. The third time they hook up has lasting consequences.

Freebie on Kindle.

Good late night read.
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Cute short story about a soldier home for a friend's wedding who hooks up with the same girl....again.....

There's not a lot of story to this, but it is a short story, so it's about what you should expect from a short story.
Judith
Just one of those fun reads -- always like to see people get beyond the "brief encounter" stage. We all have people who waft in and out of our lives but this was just a cute story. The price was certainly right!
Shawna
2 stars – Contemporary Romance

This was just an 'okay' quickie read and an 'okay' way to spend 30 minutes, but not all that memorable. Good thing it was a freebie!
Chris
For a 50 page novella, it was pretty good. I really wish this had been a full book. I have a feeling that I would love these two characters.
Shawna
I think i would have liked this more as a true full length book. I get it was novella but it was too short for my liking. Glad it was free.
Elizabeth
Less than an hour read but free for nook...and kept me entertained syncing iPods way too late at night!
Bri
Cute premise and likable characters but it was too short with a rushed and unbelievable conclusion.
Amber Bryant
Much too short. I read it in about 10 minutes. I guess I should have read that it was just a short story.
Antoinette the Book Junkie
This short was worth my time and has sparked my interest for the next two that comes after the first.
Julianna
it was ok, short but i knew that. wasn't super impressed with the H because he was kind of an ass.
Dee
Dec 30, 2011 Dee marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie, nook, unread
Oh Phooey - I wish I'd read the reviews here at Goodreads before downloading the book!
Kyra Gates
I really liked this book. It was short but it felt complete.
Lori
Typical Blaze fluff, and as usual, I enjoyed it.
  • Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Just Dare Me...
  • The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown 0.5)
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
  • One More Kiss
  • The Alien King and I
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Jinxed!
  • A Naughty Noelle (The 19th Precinct, #1.5)
  • Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1)
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • A Few Good Men
  • Once A Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g...more
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...
Ripped! Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262) Northern Exposure In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15) Daring in the Dark (Harlequin Blaze, #206)