Almost Sex: 9 Signs You Are about to Go Too Far (or Already Have)

Almost Sex: 9 Signs You Are about to Go Too Far (or Already Have)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Helps young men cope with various aspects of sexuality, including the difference between flirting and foreplay, what girls want from guys, emotional virginity, and friends with benefits. This book speaks of the common misconceptions that Christian youths have about sexual loopholes which allow them to experience sexual activity without marriage.
Published July 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

Diana Welsch
If you're looking for a Christian teenage boy's guide to remaining abstinent and unhorny, look no further! Along with some absolutely priceless stick-figure drawings (think xkcd with none of the charm) that I imagine are intended to be appealing in an ironic sense, you'll find loads of threats and platitudes aimed at keeping kids abstinent until marriage, and plenty of bible verses to back it up.

Not only does this book rail against sex, it warns against masturbation, flirting, spooning, napping...more
Adam B.R. Clarke
A review by Adam B.R. Clarke

Hungry Planet, led by the dynamic duo of Hayley and Micheal DiMarko, have hit another one out of the park. Their book, Almost Sex: 9 Signs You are About to Go Too Far is the new resource for boys only, and is the answer to the female equivalent, Technical Virgin. I would say that, as a whole, the book is a solid tool for any jr. high ministry. However, I do question a couple of choices the author made stylistically.

The most intriguing chapter, from a literary stand...more
Kristy Carrico
I previewed this book for my teen son. I thought it was written well on a level that will catch a boys attention, not be preachy, but still get the message across as to what is right and what God expects of us.
Theresa
Another preview read for the young men in my life. I'm looking forward to the wisdom in it that I can share with our growing boys. It's an honest look at the often ignored behaviors that are detrimental to a young man's emotional (and often) physical health and well being. It is a welcome read for boys, often left behind in the talks about sexual purity. And, of special note, it gives alternatives and strategies for boys, who are often (especially in this day and age) encountering very aggressiv...more
Deandre Brown
Deandre Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Angie Hernandez
Angie Hernandez marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Lerato Mochaki
Lerato Mochaki marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Taniaa
Taniaa marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Ashaki
Ashaki marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Shane
Shane added it
Oct 21, 2013
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Neilesha Lovestoworship
Neilesha Lovestoworship marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Joe Valenti
Joe Valenti marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Evan G
Evan G marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Kelsie
Kelsie added it
Oct 08, 2012
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2012
Cristina Baruado
Cristina Baruado marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2012
Candi
Candi marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2012
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
Cupidity: 50 Stupid Things People Do For Love And How To Avoid Them God Guy: Becoming the Man You're Meant to Be Devotions for the God Guy: A 365-Day Journey Independence Day: Graduating Into a New World of Freedom, Temptation, and Opportunity The Brave: Conquering the Fears That Hold You Back