Start by marking “Almost Sex: 9 Signs You Are about to Go Too Far (or Already Have)” as Want to Read:
Almost Sex: 9 Signs You Are about to Go Too Far (or Already Have)

Almost Sex: 9 Signs You Are about to Go Too Far (or Already Have)

How far is too far? The successful Hungry Planet book Technical Virgin answered that question for girls. But what about the guys? Don't they too have questions about purity and sex that they want answered without preachiness or pandering? You bet they do.
And that's where Almost Sex comes in.
In the tradition of Technical Virgin, this book speaks frankly to guys about the co
Published July 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Almost Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Sex

Diana Welsch
May 06, 2010 Diana Welsch rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
If you're looking for a Christian teenage boy's guide to remaining abstinent and unhorny, look no further! Along with some absolutely priceless stick-figure drawings (think xkcd with none of the charm) that I imagine are intended to be appealing in an ironic sense, you'll find loads of threats and platitudes aimed at keeping kids abstinent until marriage, and plenty of bible verses to back it up.

Not only does this book rail against sex, it warns against masturbation, flirting, spooning, napping
Adam B.R. Clarke
Mar 30, 2010 Adam B.R. Clarke rated it really liked it
A review by Adam B.R. Clarke

Hungry Planet, led by the dynamic duo of Hayley and Micheal DiMarko, have hit another one out of the park. Their book, Almost Sex: 9 Signs You are About to Go Too Far is the new resource for boys only, and is the answer to the female equivalent, Technical Virgin. I would say that, as a whole, the book is a solid tool for any jr. high ministry. However, I do question a couple of choices the author made stylistically.

The most intriguing chapter, from a literary stand
Kristy Carrico
Sep 16, 2009 Kristy Carrico rated it really liked it
I previewed this book for my teen son. I thought it was written well on a level that will catch a boys attention, not be preachy, but still get the message across as to what is right and what God expects of us.
Theresa
Sep 21, 2010 Theresa rated it really liked it
Another preview read for the young men in my life. I'm looking forward to the wisdom in it that I can share with our growing boys. It's an honest look at the often ignored behaviors that are detrimental to a young man's emotional (and often) physical health and well being. It is a welcome read for boys, often left behind in the talks about sexual purity. And, of special note, it gives alternatives and strategies for boys, who are often (especially in this day and age) encountering very aggressiv ...more
Naijya Leggett
Naijya Leggett marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Mj Smith
Mj Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Cek  virabey
Cek virabey marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
David Beukes
David Beukes marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Taylor Goodman
Taylor Goodman marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Austin Heinzerling
Austin Heinzerling rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Misha Le'Trice
Misha Le'Trice marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Mandee
Mandee marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Vicki Orvis
Vicki Orvis marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Seantaneous
Seantaneous rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Rock Pirih
Rock Pirih is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
booklearner
booklearner marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 07, 2014
Deandre Brown
Deandre Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Lerato Mochaki
Lerato Mochaki marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Taniaa
Taniaa marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014