Start by marking “Nana, Vol. 17 (Nana, #17)” as Want to Read:
Nana, Vol. 17 (Nana, #17)

Nana, Vol. 17 (Nana #17)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  1,473 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). Ever since she got engaged to Takumi and moved out of apartment 707, Hachi has felt like she's slipping out of Nana's life. When the tabloids start digging up Nana's troubled family history, Hachi tries to step in and take care of things. But will her good intentions stir up more trouble? Blast is rocketing to stardom, and the price for bringing th ...more
Published July 7th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Vol. 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Vol. 17

Veronica
Sep 12, 2009 Veronica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Emma
Sep 19, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing
Gah, so many feels! I think the real beauty of this series, apart from the awesomeness that is Nana and Hachi's friendship and showing how it and they have changed over time, is showing that no relationship is as clear cut as it seems. People have their own stuff going on in their lives, and this means they relate to others and react differently to situations. I guess, what I'm trying to say, is that this series really shows that everyone is fighting their own fights, so try to be a little kinde ...more
ArdnAskelA
Jan 15, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, bibli-paris
Plus on avance vers la fin, plus de secrets sont dévoilés.
J'arrive de mieux en mieux à m'y faire à ces jonglages temporels du manga :)
Maite
May 21, 2013 Maite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-shelf, reviewed
El decimoséptimo volumen de ナナ Nana capta de nuevo la tensión, la espera e intriga que anteriormente formaron parte de las características de la historia de Ai Yazawa que de un momento a otro se esfumaron de la escena y que con su huída hicieron decaer la historia.

El pasado, el presente y el futuro de ナナ Nana por primera vez en diecisiete volúmenes captan la atención del lector con tres situaciones que parecen no converger pero, que finalmente en manos de su protagonista hayan cabida, cosa que a
Chocobox
Mar 08, 2011 Chocobox rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shoujo-manga
I'm starting to think this series isn't for me. First of all, the author seems set on wrecking all the relationships I like (at this rate, even Junko and Kyousuke seem in danger)...I'm not sure if this is part of a "friendship is more reliable/important than romance" message or what, but it's getting annoying. Also, Hachi's Narration of Doom, along with the clips from the future (present?) are just plain stupid. It makes the whole manga feel like a countdown to disaster. Knowing that some mega-a ...more
Saoirse
J'ai bien aimé ce volume, je trouve que l'histoire avance. Les passages dans le futur ne me dérangent plus.
Ce dix-septième tome est le dernier que j'ai lu il y a quelques années, les quatre suivants sont totalement inédits pour moi. J'ai d'ailleurs remarqué que je n'avais pas du tout les mêmes impressions, les mêmes sentiments à propos des personnages pendant ma première lecture et celle que je fais maintenant. C'est drôle de voir comme on change de point de vue avec l'âge...
Woowott
Feb 12, 2016 Woowott rated it really liked it
Seriously, the more times I read this, the more I love Shin and Hachi, and the more I REALLY wish Ren and Reira would get together. I flipflop on Nobu and Yasu, but right now I like them. I especially love how Nobu is basically the nurturer of Blast. Weirdly, he and Yasu are the parents, and Nana and Shin are the kids.
Lola  Reviewer
It's the first time I give a volume in this serie three stars. I wanted to give it more but the truth is, I'm starting to find this serie way too dramatic and there are so many characters that I get lost by moment. Also, the secrets that are revealed seemed to me kind of obvious so there was no excitement there. I hope it gets better.
Vikki
Feb 22, 2012 Vikki rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This series is fantastic, combined with Yazawa's unique artwork it gives the story the right edge. Drama, rock and roll, and life make this series worth a read.

In this volume we see the papers really digging for the story. Hachi's on her own for the moment which almost always spells trouble for our favorite ditz.
Yukino
May 21, 2012 Yukino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2010, manga
STO MALE!

" Ogni anno in prossimità di Natale prego il cielo per un miracolo.
In realtà non credo nè agli Angeli e nè a Babbo Natale.
E' solo che...quella di Natale è la notte in cui Nana e Ren si sono conosciuti"

Sono alle prime pagine e piango...
Jo
Aug 27, 2009 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some more back-and-forth in time, filling in and making clear that DAMMIT she's had this thing mapped out in her head from the first volume. Yazawa continues to produce some of the best manga out there.
Jenten0018
Jun 01, 2015 Jenten0018 rated it really liked it
I'm starting to get so mad! It's obvious that Nana no longer loves Ren. Sure she cares about him, but you can tell she doesn't love him.

And it's so obvious that Hachi and Nobu are still very much in love. I mean he's dating a Nana look alike just like Shoji was.
Julie
Sep 19, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
Finally this series is picking up again. It takes until the middle of this volume to spark and I am so thankful for it. *Spoiler* Both Nana's should have been living back together long ago and I am afraid Ai Yazawa may have lost a lot of readers due to this lull that has gone on for too long.
Katie
Jul 17, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Gigi
nothing interesting is happening in this series anymore.
JoJoTheModern
If there were any justice this series would by now be shipping the Nanas with each other, but I know better than to wait for something awesome like that. XP
Jamie
Dec 13, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I was VERY happy to see the two Nana's reunited again... cant wait to see what happens next!
Jenny Clark
Nov 05, 2015 Jenny Clark rated it really liked it
I wanna know what happens with Misato! So many tangled lines connecting every one.
Stephanie Meehan
Can't wait to find out what going to happen next
Rachel
Sep 13, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can feel things coming to a close in this volume...more is revealed about the mysterious future of Nana O.

I really despise Takumi and don't understand why Hachi is still with him.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was a fabulous manga series. The characters were really in-depth and the plot was superbly entertaining. I love the two Nana's and how their stories intermix.
R
Dec 04, 2016 R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The flash backs and forwards an getting kind of confusing! 4 more books to figure it all out!
DearMrsKara
DearMrsKara rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Maya Pozzolo
Maya Pozzolo rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Valborg Guttorp
Valborg Guttorp rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
PJ
PJ rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Ivana
Ivana rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2012
Anarchic Rain
Anarchic Rain rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
  • We Were There, Vol. 5
  • Mars, Volume 15
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 10
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 13: Ten'nyo
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 6
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)

“I feel the same way about all my friends. To me, the exact relationship between me and someone else doesn't matter much.But people want to label everything...so I guess I seem indifferent in that way.
---Yasu”