Start by marking “Bunco Babes Tell All” as Want to Read:
Bunco Babes Tell All

Bunco Babes Tell All

A hot, sassy, Southern romance about girlfriends, gossip, the game of love- and the game of Bunco.

Woman cannot live by Bunco alone

Meet the Bunco Babes of Whispering Bay. Every Thursday night they roll dice, drink frozen margaritas, and catch up on all the gossip in their small north Florida town. Kitty Burke is the only Bunco Babe who is still single-which is okay-but she'
Published May 5th 2009 by Berkley (first published March 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bunco Babes Tell All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunco Babes Tell All

Maggie
Mar 30, 2012 Maggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit
Sabrina
Nov 11, 2009 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I run across a book that I enjoy so much that I can't help but wish the characters would invite me over to play sometime. That was exactly how I felt after reading Bunco Babes Tell All by the very talented Maria Geraci! In fact, I've wanted to crash her Bunco night and beg her to be my friend – since I only live a few hours away I've really had to restrain myself!

This book gave me the same sense of longing for a group of strong female friends as Sex and the City had. These women are no
Colleen
I entered the contest through Goodreads to win this author's book (Bunco Babes Gone Wild) never expecting to win (who does) - but then I did! Wow - it doesn't take much to excite me!! Then I realized this author and I have a few things in common. When I received the book, I noticed the author lives in Tallahassee, FL - small world, I live in Tallahassee. She is a member of a local Bunco group here - I'm in a Bunco group too (different one of course). She works at the hospital in Labor/Delivery - ...more
Michele
Jan 11, 2010 Michele rated it liked it
Not as Much About Bunco as it is About One of the Babes
This is a fast read. Very fast, with snappy dialogue and colorful characters. I admit I felt obligated to read it because not only do I belong to a bunco group, but also it just so happens I, too, wrote a novel about a group of women that play bunco. The novels share a "borrowed interest" on the popular dice game and also depict the strength of women's friendships. Reading it was (almost) as fun as a night out with the girls.

Where the novels
Jessica
Sep 23, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Won this book in the first reads program! Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic book!!! I could not be happier that this is a series and cannot wait to get the second book.

From the very first page (which pretty much never happens for me) my attention was captured and held all the way to the last word. Geraci has crafted wonderfully developed characters, a storyline that keeps you wanting more, and a fun escape from life. This is chick-lit at its finest. A beach read by the highest of standards (with t
Melissa
Apr 29, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This book is about friends, romance and the spirit of a small town community!

Kitty meets Steve when she needs help with a plumbing issue on her Grandmothers home..little did she realize what would happen when she met Steve..

I liked the friendships of the "Bunco Babes", they really stuck together and helped each other out!

There are funny parts in this book, that kept me turning the pages to see what happens next. =)
also included... are instructions on how to play "Bunco" and some wonderful recipe
Ellz Readz
Oct 23, 2009 Ellz Readz rated it really liked it
My thoughts...Woot, Woot, party time! I read a summary for the the next book, Bunco Babes Gone Wild and thought it sounded really funny. So I was very pleased when Maria graciously sent me a copy of the first book to review. I really enjoyed Bunco Babes Tell All. Let me first say, send the kiddies to their room, 'cause this book is for the grown-ups only. There were some really steamy scenes throughout the book. They were tasteful, but I caught myself with my mouth hanging open on numerous ...more
Chris
Apr 24, 2012 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club
Book Club Book- April 2012. Very fast read- enjoyable. Everything, as expected, tied up with a bow. Not a deep thinker, but just what I needed.
Wendy
Apr 29, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: apr-12
I read this book with Melissa, as a pen pal read, and really enjoyed reading it with her.
It's a lot of fun and a great chick lit story.
Maria
Mar 20, 2009 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Of course I gave my own book 5 stars:)
Amanda (Hootie) Clark

After reading Maria Geraci's "Whispering Bay Romance" series I couldn't wait to go back and see how Kitty and Steve started out. They had such an adorable and sweet arc in the later books and as secondary characters there was just something about them I loved. And boy was I rewarded with Bunco Babes Tell All!

With a hilarious first meeting (Steve comes to fix a plumbing issue and catches Kitty peeing in the bushes) that turns into a seriously sexy and sizzling hookup, Steve and Kitty became my fa
Tiffanie
Apr 29, 2015 Tiffanie rated it liked it
Kitty lives in a small town in flordia mainly where retired people go to live. When a big time man comes to town wanting to buy beach front land to build small rise condos on he asks kitty to be his broker she had no idea in taking this deal that the land he was buying included where the retirement center is and it will be tore down. She was only in it for the commission so she could be her grandmothers old house that her mom wants to sell or have torn down. It holds so many memories for kitty. ...more
Krista
Nov 13, 2009 Krista rated it liked it
A cute (slightly racey) story of Kitty, a north Florida realtor and her good friends who get together every week to play Bunco, a dice game played by a group of twelve (usually women). A clogged toilet emergency before she's to host Bunco leads to a chance encounter with the hunky Steve, the nephew of her usual plumber who is unavailable for a service call. One things leads to another and another and then things get complicated.

This was a quick, fun read. I enjoyed the Bunco aspect of the story
Lita
Apr 04, 2015 Lita rated it really liked it
This was a great, fast beach read. I enjoyed so much I emailed the author. The "bunco babes" are made of three girlfriends from the same small beach town. Things start changing when developers want to build condos, which would change how things have been.

Kitty is celebrating her mid-30 birthday in an crumbling house she inherited from grandmother, no money, and attraction to a mysterious outsider. Their weekly bunco get together reveals their lives through funny and touching accounts. A very fun
Ashley Rose
Jul 15, 2009 Ashley Rose rated it liked it
Well first off thanks to Good Reads giveaways and Maria Geraci, who selected me as a first reads win!

This book is a great summer/beach read. It has your "traditiona' chick lit romance vibe going. However don't look to this book to be a literary classic. I did enjoy reading this book, however i do have to note that the sex scences often reminded me of something out of a Nora Roberts book.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an uncomplicated, light-hearted book.

Kathy Willis
Jan 20, 2010 Kathy Willis rated it it was amazing
A fun book to read when you just want to get away from it all. It moves along at a quick pace and you end up caring about many of the characters in the books and by characters I mean real characters. Geraci has created a very colorful community, so much so that when you finish this book you are ready to see what happens to the next bunco babe and her lovelife...
L (Sniffly Kitty)
I liked it. It was a good sort of semi-mindless fun romance. Not dark or overly dramatic. Good amount of pre-destiny, but not a lot of annoying characters. The character development might have been a bit weak, but I'd read the next one in the series since they are a pleasure to read.

Disclaimer: I won this from First Reads.
Gina
Jul 26, 2016 Gina rated it liked it
I was surprised twice. Once by finding this cute title in a discount store and secondly by finding it entertaining and enjoyable. A familiarity with Bunco made it an easy connection with the characters. The romantic scenes were just the right amount of "steamy" and propelled the relationship through the story which had a few surprises and twists.
Shannon
Jul 16, 2009 Shannon rated it it was amazing
loved it. first book that i can say that about in a while.
fun story line. good characters. easy to pick up and remember where you left off. looking forward to the follow up!
oh and there were recipes at the end. how cute! totally intend to copy one of them down and try it later! ;o)
Alesha
Jan 30, 2010 Alesha rated it liked it
Cute book about friendship between women, love, etc. Very light-nothing deep or serious. A few rather detail loved scenes, which was kind of weird. All in all, I liked it well enough to want to read the second book in the series.
Nicole
Oct 30, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
I won this book through the goodreads giveaway quite awhile back and hadn't gotten around to reading it until now. I loved it! The strong friendships, etc. Loved the characters, the story, the friendships, etc.
Lynn
Oct 29, 2012 Lynn rated it really liked it
It's been a long time since I read Chick Lit that I liked and I really liked this! Good characters, friendships, family, community and steamy love scenes. As a bonus, the end of the book gives instructions on how to play Bunco and host a great party.
Gina
May 14, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars really but what did I expect from a cheesy title such as this? Only one percent of the story actually has anything to do with the highly predictable story of love, construction, Bull Durham and bunco in this little Florida town but it was a cute, quick read.
Lisa
Nov 20, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
This was a fun book. A no brainer. Purely entertaining. I needed it when I picked it up. And Maria Geraci came to our book club meeting. It was nice to meet her and it was fun. She gave us all the 2nd Bunco Babes book! I'm sure that will be a fun read also.
Karen
Jul 08, 2009 Karen rated it liked it
A good summer read/chick flick. It gets a little bit risque at points which is why I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but I enjoyed reading it, thought it was a good story, and enjoyed getting to know the characters personalities.
Rachelle
Dec 09, 2009 Rachelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
My first Goodreads WIN!!!!

A great beach read thats lots of fun. The perfect through into your beach bag and go summer book.

The story was entertaining. The people were interesting and fun. Can't wait to read more!
Mary
May 14, 2009 Mary rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to win this book online. Having married at a later age myself, I can relate with the main character Kitty. All of my good friends had found husbands and I was feeling the pressure. It's a great story about friendship and finding love. I recommend reading this book!
Jenny
Apr 12, 2010 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a great vacation read! I took the book to Australia with me and couldn't put it down. Loved the characters and the steamy scenes. Left it at lending library in Australia for others to enjoy.
Serena
Apr 12, 2010 Serena rated it really liked it
I received this as a Goodreads giveaway. This was an easy, fun beach read about friendship, romance, and sex (and, of course, a little Bunco too).
Julie
Jan 25, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
this book was left behind on a plane so I picked it up and read it in two days. Fast, fun, funny read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Your Roots Are Showing
  • The Perfect Fit (Riley O'Brien & Co., #4)
  • Tangled Thing Called Love (Life and Love on the Lam, #3)
  • A Curvy Girl for the Cadet (Perfect Fit, #4)
  • How the Other Half Hamptons
  • His to Lose (Cannon Cousins, #2)
  • What the Heart Wants (Hearts and Arrows, #2.5)
  • Over-Exposed (Perspectives, #2)
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • Easy on the Eyes
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
  • Model Student: A Tale of Co-eds and Cover Girls
  • Hook, Line and Sink Him
  • 12 Christmas Romances To Melt Your Heart
  • Bridge Over the Atlantic (Bridge Over the Atlantic #1)
  • Win Me Over (Hearts and Crafts, #2)
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • Not Over You (Holland Springs, #5)
Maria Geraci was born in Havana, Cuba and raised on Florida's Space coast. She lives in north Florida with her husband and children and writes fun, romantic women's fiction.
More about Maria Geraci...