Start by marking “Bunco Babes Tell All” as Want to Read:
Bunco Babes Tell All

Bunco Babes Tell All

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  45 reviews
A hot, sassy, Southern romance about girlfriends, gossip, the game of love- and the game of Bunco.

Woman cannot live by Bunco alone

. Meet the Bunco Babes of Whispering Bay. Every Thursday night they roll dice, drink frozen margaritas, and catch up on all the gossip in their small north Florida town. Kitty Burke is the only Bunco Babe who is still single-which is okay-but sh
Published May 5th 2009 by Berkley Trade (first published March 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bunco Babes Tell All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunco Babes Tell All

Sabrina
Sometimes I run across a book that I enjoy so much that I can't help but wish the characters would invite me over to play sometime. That was exactly how I felt after reading Bunco Babes Tell All by the very talented Maria Geraci! In fact, I've wanted to crash her Bunco night and beg her to be my friend – since I only live a few hours away I've really had to restrain myself!

This book gave me the same sense of longing for a group of strong female friends as Sex and the City had. These women are no
Colleen
I entered the contest through Goodreads to win this author's book (Bunco Babes Gone Wild) never expecting to win (who does) - but then I did! Wow - it doesn't take much to excite me!! Then I realized this author and I have a few things in common. When I received the book, I noticed the author lives in Tallahassee, FL - small world, I live in Tallahassee. She is a member of a local Bunco group here - I'm in a Bunco group too (different one of course). She works at the hospital in Labor/Delivery - ...more
Jessica
Won this book in the first reads program! Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic book!!! I could not be happier that this is a series and cannot wait to get the second book.

From the very first page (which pretty much never happens for me) my attention was captured and held all the way to the last word. Geraci has crafted wonderfully developed characters, a storyline that keeps you wanting more, and a fun escape from life. This is chick-lit at its finest. A beach read by the highest of standards (with t
Michele
Not as Much About Bunco as it is About One of the Babes
This is a fast read. Very fast, with snappy dialogue and colorful characters. I admit I felt obligated to read it because not only do I belong to a bunco group, but also it just so happens I, too, wrote a novel about a group of women that play bunco. The novels share a "borrowed interest" on the popular dice game and also depict the strength of women's friendships. Reading it was (almost) as fun as a night out with the girls.

Where the novels
Maggie
Melissa
This book is about friends, romance and the spirit of a small town community!

Kitty meets Steve when she needs help with a plumbing issue on her Grandmothers home..little did she realize what would happen when she met Steve..

I liked the friendships of the "Bunco Babes", they really stuck together and helped each other out!

There are funny parts in this book, that kept me turning the pages to see what happens next. =)
also included... are instructions on how to play "Bunco" and some wonderful recipe
Ellz Readz
My thoughts...Woot, Woot, party time! I read a summary for the the next book, Bunco Babes Gone Wild and thought it sounded really funny. So I was very pleased when Maria graciously sent me a copy of the first book to review. I really enjoyed Bunco Babes Tell All. Let me first say, send the kiddies to their room, 'cause this book is for the grown-ups only. There were some really steamy scenes throughout the book. They were tasteful, but I caught myself with my mouth hanging open on numerous occas ...more
Chris
Book Club Book- April 2012. Very fast read- enjoyable. Everything, as expected, tied up with a bow. Not a deep thinker, but just what I needed.
Wendy
I read this book with Melissa, as a pen pal read, and really enjoyed reading it with her.
It's a lot of fun and a great chick lit story.
Maria
Mar 20, 2009 Maria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Of course I gave my own book 5 stars:)
Krista
A cute (slightly racey) story of Kitty, a north Florida realtor and her good friends who get together every week to play Bunco, a dice game played by a group of twelve (usually women). A clogged toilet emergency before she's to host Bunco leads to a chance encounter with the hunky Steve, the nephew of her usual plumber who is unavailable for a service call. One things leads to another and another and then things get complicated.

This was a quick, fun read. I enjoyed the Bunco aspect of the story
Rhonda Hoornstra
I really enjoyed this book :) I play bunco once a month with friends so the book was a fun read!
Ashley Rose
Well first off thanks to Good Reads giveaways and Maria Geraci, who selected me as a first reads win!

This book is a great summer/beach read. It has your "traditiona' chick lit romance vibe going. However don't look to this book to be a literary classic. I did enjoy reading this book, however i do have to note that the sex scences often reminded me of something out of a Nora Roberts book.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an uncomplicated, light-hearted book.

Kathy Willis
A fun book to read when you just want to get away from it all. It moves along at a quick pace and you end up caring about many of the characters in the books and by characters I mean real characters. Geraci has created a very colorful community, so much so that when you finish this book you are ready to see what happens to the next bunco babe and her lovelife...
L (Sniffly Kitty)
I liked it. It was a good sort of semi-mindless fun romance. Not dark or overly dramatic. Good amount of pre-destiny, but not a lot of annoying characters. The character development might have been a bit weak, but I'd read the next one in the series since they are a pleasure to read.

Disclaimer: I won this from First Reads.
Mary
I was fortunate enough to win this book online. Having married at a later age myself, I can relate with the main character Kitty. All of my good friends had found husbands and I was feeling the pressure. It's a great story about friendship and finding love. I recommend reading this book!
Shannon
loved it. first book that i can say that about in a while.
fun story line. good characters. easy to pick up and remember where you left off. looking forward to the follow up!
oh and there were recipes at the end. how cute! totally intend to copy one of them down and try it later! ;o)
Gina
3 1/2 stars really but what did I expect from a cheesy title such as this? Only one percent of the story actually has anything to do with the highly predictable story of love, construction, Bull Durham and bunco in this little Florida town but it was a cute, quick read.
Lisa
This was a fun book. A no brainer. Purely entertaining. I needed it when I picked it up. And Maria Geraci came to our book club meeting. It was nice to meet her and it was fun. She gave us all the 2nd Bunco Babes book! I'm sure that will be a fun read also.
Lynn
It's been a long time since I read Chick Lit that I liked and I really liked this! Good characters, friendships, family, community and steamy love scenes. As a bonus, the end of the book gives instructions on how to play Bunco and host a great party.
Alesha
Cute book about friendship between women, love, etc. Very light-nothing deep or serious. A few rather detail loved scenes, which was kind of weird. All in all, I liked it well enough to want to read the second book in the series.
Karen
A good summer read/chick flick. It gets a little bit risque at points which is why I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but I enjoyed reading it, thought it was a good story, and enjoyed getting to know the characters personalities.
Rachelle
My first Goodreads WIN!!!!

A great beach read thats lots of fun. The perfect through into your beach bag and go summer book.

The story was entertaining. The people were interesting and fun. Can't wait to read more!
Nicole
I won this book through the goodreads giveaway quite awhile back and hadn't gotten around to reading it until now. I loved it! The strong friendships, etc. Loved the characters, the story, the friendships, etc.
Jenny
This is a great vacation read! I took the book to Australia with me and couldn't put it down. Loved the characters and the steamy scenes. Left it at lending library in Australia for others to enjoy.
Serena
I received this as a Goodreads giveaway. This was an easy, fun beach read about friendship, romance, and sex (and, of course, a little Bunco too).
Mariann
I love these Bunco books! Maria Geraci does a terrific job of making the characters come alive. They are women we would love to hang out with!
Kate
I loved this book, it was funny, warm and charming and also so nice to read about women who support each other through life's ups and downs :)
Terrinole
Jan 28, 2010 Terrinole marked it as to-read
Got this per my friend Colleen's recommendation! The author's from my hometown...AND I really want to join a bunco group!
Alma
Oh geez. I've read this before! Normally I give 3 stars for "Meh" I had to take away a star for not being memorable. Gah.
  • Your Roots Are Showing
  • How the Other Half Hamptons
  • Easy on the Eyes
  • Hook, Line and Sink Him
  • Model Student: A Tale of Co-eds and Cover Girls
  • Revenge of the Kudzu Debutantes (Kudzu Debutantes, #1)
  • Summer Blowout
  • Pastures New
  • A Little Bit Psychic: Pride & Prejudice with a Modern Twist
  • Summer's Child & Summer of Roses
  • A Little Light Magic
Maria Geraci was born in Havana, Cuba and raised on Florida's Space coast. She lives in north Florida with her husband and children and writes fun, romantic women's fiction.
More about Maria Geraci...
The Boyfriend of the Month Club A Girl Like You Bunco Babes Gone Wild Sleigh Ride: A Winter Antholology