Start by marking “Dare To” as Want to Read:
Dare To

Dare To (Dare #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Licensed counselor, Dare Wilson, works with troubled kids, and that's how he meets Ryan Spencer's nephew. The kid is reeling from his mother's death, and Dare wants to help. He wants to help Ryan out, too. Their chemistry is immediate, but Dare knows he cares for Ryan, too. Dare thinks they'll fit right into his quiet life, but he should know better than to think everythin ...more
Published July 2008 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Dare To, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare To

Shayne
My first review got erased, but after I read this sweet romance, I knew I wanted to say a few things even if it means repeating myself!
Even though Dare and Ryan meet under unfortunate circumstances, they were able to turn their relationship into something beautiful and very sweet to read.
I loved the connection and chemistry they had between them! I can't wait to read more written by this author!
JenMcJ
***ducks flying produce***

This is the second AKM Miles book I have started and not finished. I know that is opposite of most of the other reviews and I realize many may not agree with me. This is an overly nice, non-angsty, unrealistic, boy meets boy, happy ending story, but it just doesn't ring true at all and I gave up.

Dare is a counselor that knows and says all the right things. Every time, all the time. Ryan is a responsible business owner that says and does all the right things. The kid sa
Nancy L
MUSHY, romantic love story. If you're not in the mood for angst this is the book to read. These guys just give you the warm fuzzies.
FloJ
Another great read from AKM Miles. Perhaps not quite such a strong 'message' in this one as there have been in the others, but Oh, I did enjoy it. I thought from the blurb that it was going to be a lot more angsty than it was.
Dare is a youth counsellor, having arrived at that profession because he realised he could have done with one when his mother kicked him out at 18 for being gay.
Ryan has an earthmoving business. When they meet Ryan's sister has just died leaving him the guardian of her 4 yr
It's hard to believe this book was written by AKM MILES. Gosh, this was a boring reading. I kinda enjoyed the premise but i hated the insta love lust in a hospital after a cancer news and a sister's death.

Also too many descriptions of sex scenes and little story development. At some point Dare seems to regret going to the job he claims to love to keep doing sex with his new bf.

I'd skipped a lot of pages cause i was tired of the never ending sex descriptions!!

As a positive note i can say i really
Erotic Horizon
Ryan Spencer, an up and coming contractor, finds himself the guardian to his four year old nephew after the death of his sister. When his nephew runs to a stranger for comfort, he finds himself not only breaking down in front of a total stranger, but finds instant attraction as well. Knowing a good thing when he feels it, he jumps right in and lays his cards on the table.

When Dare and Ryan decide to make their relationship exclusive, they didn’t anticipate they would not only have to battle the
SueM
May 30, 2011 SueM rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of sweet HEA stories
What can I say? I'm a sucker for a sweet HEA story, especially when there are kids included. That's exactly what this story is and I loved it. I'm writing this with a smile still on my face - a perfect remedy for those real-life blues! Its pure escapism as some things just go way too smoothly, so if you prefer a story that is gritty and true to life, then you won't find it here. AKM Miles seems to excel at writing these HEA/feel-good type stories, so if you've read/enjoyed Soldier, For Gom's Sak ...more
Candice
I read Bashed by Rick Reed right before this one. I knew I needed something sugary sweet and AKM Miles seems to have that in spades.

This one though, this one kind of rubbed me wrong. Ryan's sister JUST dies and he sees Dare and immediately starts flirting with him? Ummm...

JC was cool, but I wanted to know how old he was. It never said. Also, the kid was always at the neighbors, why couldn't the neighbor have sleepovers with JC at his house? I kind of hated that JC was shipped off all the time.

A
MandyM
DNF. Have to walk away from this one. It's all happening too quickly for my credibility level. Chapter One: Ryan walks out of the hospital room where his 'beloved' sister just died and, after a brief convo about his nephew, he starts flirting with Dare! Flick through a few more pages and they're almost planning to settle down together! I might go back and try to finish it later.
Brandy
Ok, while I really enjoy the stories that AKM Miles writes, I find it really hard to get through them. There is a lot of repetitive stuff going on. The characters tend to say the same things over and over. The story repeats itself. Things that could have been summed up quickly take AGES to get through. I get it, you want the book to be long enough. But there are better ways. Don't get me wrong, I like the story and the characters, and for the most part the dialog. But sometimes having to read th ...more
Emily Moore
Dare and Ryan meet under the worst possible circumstances. Dare is at the hospital to make amends with his dying mother whom he has been estranged from for eight years. Ryan is there due to the death of his sister. When his four year old nephew JC literally runs into Dare in the hallway, the youth counselor becomes entwined in the lives of both Ryan and JC.

The two men are instantly attracted to one another and although their lives keep them apart for a few weeks, they quickly become reacquainte
Kathy
I absolutely love the connection between Dare and Ryan... and JC is just too sweet for words. The emotional tugs in this story are wonderful; the love between Ryan and JC is beautiful and then JC wanting Dare to be part of their family... he loves that Dare is his daddy's boyfriend. I love that, no matter what happens, the love that Ryan and Dare have is strong enough to stand up to anything.

Dare is a fascinating character and I'm totally in awe of his work as a counsellor... he's fantastic!
Susan
I love the way this author tells a story! Dare and Ryan meet during a difficult time for each of them but the attraction is instant. Dare starts spending a lot of time with Ryan and his nephew, JC. The relationship between the MCs is sweet and honest and I couldn't help but smile each time JC opened his mouth. A series of events result in Dare facing a difficult point in his career but every step of the way Ryan and JC are with him. This was a total comfort read for me.
Melanie
Wow, what a busy month for Dare, poor bugger.
The thing I liked most in this I think is the growing friendship with Jackie next door... seems weird I know, but usually we go into these stories, witness the love grow and the friends are already there.
melek
Dare an counselor who helps teens and kids meets Ryan in a place of grieving mourning state for both them. Its just angst free no real drama for them expect they get into a few some situation if you like angst free this book is for you
CB
Lots going on this story and it flows really well. I found it to be very entertaining and the characters are so compelling. I'm glad there is short follow-up story "Dare's Christmas Gift" so I don't have to say goodbye yet!
Janean
Read as part of my April Category Challenge. I like AKM for love conquers all sweet reads. I am almost always guaranteed a happy ending and lots of sweet love in between - my secret weakness :)
Nikko
I love AKM Miles Books.. They are safe reads.. I always go for safe reads!! Luv this book!!
Gwendolyn
This was almost a 4 but there was just one too many save the day things.
Portia
I laughed, I cried, I highly recommend!
Jordan
Jordan is currently reading it
May 13, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
KellyJo
KellyJo marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Ashes
Ashes marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Feb 13, 2015
A.L.
A.L. marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Beyond the Norm
  • Precious Ache
  • Self Preservation
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Velvet Glove: Volume I
  • The Manny
  • Gaylife.com
  • Convincing Arthur (London Legal, #1)

Dare (2 books)
  • Dare's Christmas Gift
Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1) Something for Santa Love, Jamie (Love, #1) For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3) Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2)