Dare To

Dare To (Dare #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Licensed counselor, Dare Wilson, works with troubled kids, and that's how he meets Ryan Spencer's nephew. The kid is reeling from his mother's death, and Dare wants to help. He wants to help Ryan out, too. Their chemistry is immediate, but Dare knows he cares for Ryan, too. Dare thinks they'll fit right into his quiet life, but he should know better than to think everythin...more
Published July 2008 by Torquere Press

Shayne
My first review got erased, but after I read this sweet romance, I knew I wanted to say a few things even if it means repeating myself!
Even though Dare and Ryan meet under unfortunate circumstances, they were able to turn their relationship into something beautiful and very sweet to read.
I loved the connection and chemistry they had between them! I can't wait to read more written by this author!
JenMcJ
***ducks flying produce***

This is the second AKM Miles book I have started and not finished. I know that is opposite of most of the other reviews and I realize many may not agree with me. This is an overly nice, non-angsty, unrealistic, boy meets boy, happy ending story, but it just doesn't ring true at all and I gave up.

Dare is a counselor that knows and says all the right things. Every time, all the time. Ryan is a responsible business owner that says and does all the right things. The kid sa...more
Nancy L
MUSHY, romantic love story. If you're not in the mood for angst this is the book to read. These guys just give you the warm fuzzies.
Erotic Horizon
Ryan Spencer, an up and coming contractor, finds himself the guardian to his four year old nephew after the death of his sister. When his nephew runs to a stranger for comfort, he finds himself not only breaking down in front of a total stranger, but finds instant attraction as well. Knowing a good thing when he feels it, he jumps right in and lays his cards on the table.

When Dare and Ryan decide to make their relationship exclusive, they didn’t anticipate they would not only have to battle the...more
FloJ
Another great read from AKM Miles. Perhaps not quite such a strong 'message' in this one as there have been in the others, but Oh, I did enjoy it. I thought from the blurb that it was going to be a lot more angsty than it was.
Dare is a youth counsellor, having arrived at that profession because he realised he could have done with one when his mother kicked him out at 18 for being gay.
Ryan has an earthmoving business. When they meet Ryan's sister has just died leaving him the guardian of her 4 yr...more
SueM
May 30, 2011 SueM rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Lovers of sweet HEA stories
What can I say? I'm a sucker for a sweet HEA story, especially when there are kids included. That's exactly what this story is and I loved it. I'm writing this with a smile still on my face - a perfect remedy for those real-life blues! Its pure escapism as some things just go way too smoothly, so if you prefer a story that is gritty and true to life, then you won't find it here. AKM Miles seems to excel at writing these HEA/feel-good type stories, so if you've read/enjoyed Soldier, For Gom's Sak...more
Emily Moore
Dare and Ryan meet under the worst possible circumstances. Dare is at the hospital to make amends with his dying mother whom he has been estranged from for eight years. Ryan is there due to the death of his sister. When his four year old nephew JC literally runs into Dare in the hallway, the youth counselor becomes entwined in the lives of both Ryan and JC.

The two men are instantly attracted to one another and although their lives keep them apart for a few weeks, they quickly become reacquainte...more
Melanie
Wow, what a busy month for Dare, poor bugger.
The thing I liked most in this I think is the growing friendship with Jackie next door... seems weird I know, but usually we go into these stories, witness the love grow and the friends are already there.
Kathy
I absolutely love the connection between Dare and Ryan... and JC is just too sweet for words. The emotional tugs in this story are wonderful; the love between Ryan and JC is beautiful and then JC wanting Dare to be part of their family... he loves that Dare is his daddy's boyfriend. I love that, no matter what happens, the love that Ryan and Dare have is strong enough to stand up to anything.

Dare is a fascinating character and I'm totally in awe of his work as a counsellor... he's fantastic!
Susan
I love the way this author tells a story! Dare and Ryan meet during a difficult time for each of them but the attraction is instant. Dare starts spending a lot of time with Ryan and his nephew, JC. The relationship between the MCs is sweet and honest and I couldn't help but smile each time JC opened his mouth. A series of events result in Dare facing a difficult point in his career but every step of the way Ryan and JC are with him. This was a total comfort read for me.
MandyM
DNF. Have to walk away from this one. It's all happening too quickly for my credibility level. Chapter One: Ryan walks out of the hospital room where his 'beloved' sister just died and, after a brief convo about his nephew, he starts flirting with Dare! Flick through a few more pages and they're almost planning to settle down together! I might go back and try to finish it later.
Janean
Read as part of my April Category Challenge. I like AKM for love conquers all sweet reads. I am almost always guaranteed a happy ending and lots of sweet love in between - my secret weakness :)
Nikko
I love AKM Miles Books.. They are safe reads.. I always go for safe reads!! Luv this book!!
Gwendolyn
This was almost a 4 but there was just one too many save the day things.
Portia
I laughed, I cried, I highly recommend!
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 22, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Aneta
Aneta marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Still the One
  • Precious Ache
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Second Sight
  • Self Preservation
Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1) Something for Santa Love, Jamie (Love, #1) For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3) Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2)