Start by marking “Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)

Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Vampire Elysia Granville gets more than she bargained for when she attends the Undertaker's Ball on Halloween. She's looking for a one night stand, but the man she chooses is Declan Antaeus, a home and hearth black dragon who has had a secret crush on her for years. Can the powerful dragon make the commitment shy vampire extend one night into forever?
Published March 5th 2009 by Pink Petal Books

To ask other readers questions about Shifting Winds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifting Winds

Dreams Come True by Bridgitte LesleyGame for Marriage by Karen  EricksonBreathing His Air by Debra KaynArielle by Lilian RobertsAching To Exhale by Debra Kayn
Romance Divas
216th out of 309 books — 48 voters
Windburn by Juliette CrossPrince of the Wind by Charlotte Boyett-CompoPaint the Wind by Cathy Cash SpellmanWindfall by Emily CarmichaelWhirlwind Reunion by Debra Cowan
Romance Novels with Wind in the Title
35th out of 53 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Lex Valentine
Mar 06, 2009 Lex Valentine added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BLURB:

EXCERPT:

She stood, a few feet from the door, wondering why she’d let Marius talk her into this event. He’d been far more insistent than usual
Jessica Uzzo
2.5 stars. this short was cute but it had some flaws. first for all the tall of how strong and powerful the heroine was were given no evidence of that other than her position (and do cemetaries really have cfo's?). she wasn't necessarily weak but not all that everyone was building her up to be either. the hero is a hot *literally* dragon who's sweet but a little like a love sick puppy. the sex scenes were good for the most part but there was anal sex on the part of both characters and while I do ...more
Kathy
Since I've been spending more time at Ethan Day's, Carol Lynne's and Amanda Young's Yahoo groups, of which I'm a member, I've been finding all these lovely new authors. Not so good for the chequing account but absolutely lovely for my reading pleasure.

---------

Lex Valentine is a member of a number of the same groups which is how I found her and after reading an excerpt from one of her stories I was sold. And so began my journey into her Tales of the Darkworld.
I'm totally loving the world that L
Nisha
Oddly fascinating. Or maybe just plain weird. I picked this while I was in a mood for girly stuff (hence the attraction to a pink scheme cover) and the combination of a vampire and dragon was simply irresistible.

This is just a short erotic book about these two supernatural creatures hooking up and having anal sex (BOTH of them having anal sex). That was definitely a detractor, I must say, not that I am discriminating - its just not my kink.

It was nice to have some meddlesome supernatural family
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Loved it!!
i cant wait to read the next one :)
Trish
this was ok. the writing style was good, the flow was good etc, just something about the couple was just so so imo. the story doesn't give the reader much world building about the darkworld itself. yes, it's a short story, but there is plenty of erotic scenes in the book... maybe take away one of those and give the reader more about the world, especially since it's a series.

it was pretty erotic. the scenes were hot but some phrases were repetitive..and since it was a semi-short story, not sure
Brenda (b)
There's not much world building, it just jumps right into the story. I found it interesting and liked the mix of shifters and vampires.
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating:

This story was short and sweet. Not a bad read but something was missing in it for me.
Susan
Short but SWEET! Loved the fast pace yet didn't feel cheated when it was over. MORE!!!
R
This series is great. Must read. A reread for me.
Flitterkit
Enjoyed this. Short but not bad.
Sarah Jane
Sarah Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Beautiful
Beautiful marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Talltree
Talltree marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Lydia Pak
Lydia Pak marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Jordan Jas
Jordan Jas marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Marijke
Marijke marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
TheRoman
TheRoman marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Teresa Cranner
Teresa Cranner marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)
  • Baymore's Heir (In the Company of Men, #3)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Notturno (The Hours Trilogy #1)
  • Ghosts of Alcatraz
  • I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Sindustry II
  • My Heart is Within You (Triquetra, #1)
  • Vampire Awakening
  • Pure Sex
  • GianMarco (Blood Brothers, # 1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • That's What Friends Are For
  • The Claim (Italian Knights, #3)
  • The Legend of the Werewolf (Things in the Night, #2)
  • Truth and Deception
Award-winning author Lex Valentine writes across genres from contemporary to urban fantasy in M/M, M/F and M/M/F. A native of California, Lex lives in a canyon in Orange County, with her long haired, tattooed husband Rott and a bunch of cats she collectively calls “babies.” She loves loud rock music, builds her own computers, and has a propensity for having very weird vivid dreams about Nikki Sixx ...more
More about Lex Valentine...

Tales of the Darkworld (8 books)
  • Hot Water (Tales of the Darkworld, #2)
  • Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3)
  • Ride the Lightning (Tales of the Darkworld, #4)
  • Holiday Hearts (An Antaeus Family Christmas) (Tales of the Darkworld, #4.5)
  • Common Ground (Tales of the Darkworld, #5)
  • Sunstroked (Tales of the Darkworld, #6)
  • Breathe Me In (Tales of the Darkworld, #6.5)
Entangled Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3) Rock My World Broken Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #1) Bitter Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #2)