Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)

Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Vampire Elysia Granville gets more than she bargained for when she attends the Undertaker's Ball on Halloween. She's looking for a one night stand, but the man she chooses is Declan Antaeus, a home and hearth black dragon who has had a secret crush on her for years. Can the powerful dragon make the commitment shy vampire extend one night into forever?
Published March 5th 2009 by Pink Petal Books

Dreams Come True by Bridgitte LesleyArielle by Lilian RobertsBreathing His Air by Debra KaynGame for Marriage by Karen  EricksonEverlong by Hailey Edwards
Romance Divas
208th out of 306 books — 43 voters
Beautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenKnight by Kristen AshleyMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyThe Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberThe Riding School by C.P. Mandara
Hottest Dirty Talk!
241st out of 262 books — 533 voters

More lists with this book...

Lex Valentine
Mar 06, 2009 Lex Valentine added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BLURB:

EXCERPT:

She stood, a few feet from the door, wondering why she’d let Marius talk her into this event. He’d been far more insistent than usual...more
Kathy
Since I've been spending more time at Ethan Day's, Carol Lynne's and Amanda Young's Yahoo groups, of which I'm a member, I've been finding all these lovely new authors. Not so good for the chequing account but absolutely lovely for my reading pleasure.

---------

Lex Valentine is a member of a number of the same groups which is how I found her and after reading an excerpt from one of her stories I was sold. And so began my journey into her Tales of the Darkworld.
I'm totally loving the world that L...more
Nisha
Oddly fascinating. Or maybe just plain weird. I picked this while I was in a mood for girly stuff (hence the attraction to a pink scheme cover) and the combination of a vampire and dragon was simply irresistible.

This is just a short erotic book about these two supernatural creatures hooking up and having anal sex (BOTH of them having anal sex). That was definitely a detractor, I must say, not that I am discriminating - its just not my kink.

It was nice to have some meddlesome supernatural family...more
Jessica
2.5 stars. this short was cute but it had some flaws. first for all the tall of how strong and powerful the heroine was were given no evidence of that other than her position (and do cemetaries really have cfo's?). she wasn't necessarily weak but not all that everyone was building her up to be either. the hero is a hot *literally* dragon who's sweet but a little like a love sick puppy. the sex scenes were good for the most part but there was anal sex on the part of both characters and while I do...more
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Loved it!!
i cant wait to read the next one :)
Trish
this was ok. the writing style was good, the flow was good etc, just something about the couple was just so so imo. the story doesn't give the reader much world building about the darkworld itself. yes, it's a short story, but there is plenty of erotic scenes in the book... maybe take away one of those and give the reader more about the world, especially since it's a series.

it was pretty erotic. the scenes were hot but some phrases were repetitive..and since it was a semi-short story, not sure...more
Brenda (b)
There's not much world building, it just jumps right into the story. I found it interesting and liked the mix of shifters and vampires.
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤½

This story was short and sweet. Not a bad read but something was missing in it for me.
Susan
Short but SWEET! Loved the fast pace yet didn't feel cheated when it was over. MORE!!!
R
This series is great. Must read. A reread for me.
Flitterkit
Enjoyed this. Short but not bad.
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
shirin
shirin marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Namiria
Namiria marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kritty
Kritty marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jun 20, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Fantasylover
Fantasylover marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Toria Hemmings
Toria Hemmings marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Sana
Sana marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Baymore's Heir
  • A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)
  • Ghosts of Alcatraz
  • I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Tears of the Dragon (Dragonshifters, #1)
  • GianMarco's Muse (Blood Brothers, # 1)
  • Wheels of Steel, Book 2
  • Fugitive Color
  • Sindustry II
  • Lexie
  • Dragon Lust
  • Truth and Deception
  • Melting the Slopes
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Date Night (Hidden, #3.5)
  • Smart Alex
  • Paul's D'Marco
Award-winning author Lex Valentine writes across genres from contemporary to urban fantasy in M/M, M/F and M/M/F. A native of California, Lex lives in a canyon in Orange County, with her long haired, tattooed husband Rott and a bunch of cats she collectively calls “babies.” She loves loud rock music, builds her own computers, and has a propensity for having very weird vivid dreams about Nikki Sixx...more
More about Lex Valentine...
Entangled (Love is Always Write) Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3) Rock My World Broken Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #1) Bitter Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #2)