Start by marking “Conan, Vol. 7: Cimmeria” as Want to Read:
Conan, Vol. 7: Cimmeria

Conan, Vol. 7: Cimmeria (Conan Ongoing Series #7)

Conan Volume 7: Cimmeria marks a transitional period in young Conan's life, as he spurns civilization - with its turncoats and legal trappings - and returns to the beloved, brutal country of Cimmeria, where he was born and raised. The dangers found in the snowy mountain passes of his barbaric homeland are a welcome change from the mind games and treachery Conan encountered

Published June 2nd 2009 by Dark Horse Books (first published May 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Conan, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conan, Vol. 7

Andrew
May 15, 2014 Andrew rated it really liked it
Recommended to Andrew by: I'm big into music. I'm fairly active on RateyourMusic.com under the name Panza.
This was a brilliant start to a new volume of Conan. I love the artwork and the story was very intriguing. I've read this series a couple times and keep going back to it.

This was also the first time I read any Richard Corben, and I've since become obsessed with his artwork - so bonus points for that.
Scott Lee
Mar 17, 2015 Scott Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truman and Giorello do another great job here. As I've indicated in reviews of earlier volumes this is my first extended experience of Conan, and as weird as it seems to me I've never directly experienced Howard. I've only read the old Marvel Conan (an issue here or there), may be a single complete magazine of Savage Sword about twenty-five/twenty-six years ago, and one Robert Jordan Conan novel. It just seems strange given my compulsion for reading things "in order."

But after the long digressi
Andrew
Aug 14, 2015 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-stuff, comics
The introduction and afterword alone are terrific lessons in the lore and history behind the creation of Conan. Timothy Truman (who's put in time with Creepy) and Giorello are a great team, there's just no two ways about it. Great homage to the poem Cimmeria by REH. An excellent bridge to the epic of Conan's life by having him go home, only to find out that life is just as complicated there as in the shining cities of civilization. Also really dug the werewolf and his role in helping Conan.
Chip Hunter
Dec 29, 2016 Chip Hunter rated it really liked it
As with most readers of this volume, I was desperately hoping for a rebound from the low-point of the series, Hand of Nergal. I continued to be skeptical until the 3rd or 4th sub-arc in this volume, when I found myself completely drawn in, loving the art, loving the characters, and loving the story. This is a tale of a disillusioned Conan returning to his roots, not knowing what he seeks, but knowing he is through with the supposedly wondrous lands of the South. Along the way, he meets foes and ...more
Clark Hallman
Conan: Cimmeria is volume 7 of the excellent Dark Horse Books, Conan graphic-novel series. This volume continues the high standards set by the previous six volumes. Actually, I believe Cimmeria achieves even higher standards than the previous volumes. Truman’s story is complex, but enchanting and captivating. It also provides the reader with a different view of the legendary barbarian. We learn something about Conan’s family and his childhood. The mighty warrior returns to his homeland, Cimmeria ...more
Rick
Jul 01, 2009 Rick rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
After six excellent volumes of Conan adventures, Truman, Giorello, and Corben return the adventurer to his birthplace. Within Giorello's beautifully rendered stories, Truman and famed underground comic artist Corben, creator of the mythical Den, explore the life of Conan's grandfather Connacht. Complete with the appearance of Conan's first love, a meeting with his mother, supernatural nasties, and lots of bloody violence, the rollicking good adventure of Conan Volume 7: Cimmeria offers a new add ...more
Jack Haringa
Jul 05, 2014 Jack Haringa rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Tim Truman and a team of artists continue the great Dark Horse run on Conan, telling a story of the barbarian's return to Cimmeria interspersed with tales of his grandfather's sometimes-parallel journeys. It provides interesting texture to the character and fleshes out the land of Conan's birth. Truman quotes directly from Robert E. Howard to establish that he's working in homage to the original author while adding his own elements to the myth of Conan. Fine stuff.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 26, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it
The new Conan comic series does good justice to the Robert E. Howard stories. While the art does come and go in quality at time, overall it is a good. The adaptations of the original stories is well done. The fill in stories are also well done and follow the flow of the Character's life as written by Howard. Recommended to comic fans and Very recommended to Howard and Conan fans.
Fraser Sherman
Oct 18, 2013 Fraser Sherman rated it really liked it
Conan returns to his homeland where he hears tales of his grandfather's exploits (Grandad's tales of visiting the civilized lands were what sent Conan off adventuring), meets his first love again and discovers Cimmerians can be as cruel and dishonorable as anyone in the South. A very good entry in this latest Conan comics series.
Gregory
Jul 31, 2011 Gregory rated it liked it
The last few graphic novels in this series were really disappointing but this one was great. Everything seems improved...art and story. I especially liked the choice of an alternate artist to draw the interspersed flashback stories about Conan's grandfather. The artist had a weird style...not what you would expect for a Conan comic.
Dan Schul
Sep 14, 2011 Dan Schul rated it really liked it
Darkhorse Comics adaptation of Conan the Barbarian.

Some of the stories are adaptation of some of Robert E. Howards best stories, others are original stories by the Darkhorse Writers. A very nice collection of stories if you like the sword and sorcery genre.
Nick
Mar 21, 2013 Nick rated it really liked it
This is a good one.
Michael
Mar 08, 2010 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A very good volume, after some of the so-so writing of the last couple. Truman writes a solid Conan narrative, incorporating the important elements.
Alejandro
Jul 29, 2011 Alejandro rated it really liked it
Muy bueno. Brutal y sangriento -como una historia de Conan debe ser-, pero muy bien escrito y dibujado. Y sutil y melancolico a la vez, aunque usted no lo crea.. De lo mejor de Conan hasta ahora.
Ted Collins
Ted Collins rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Alan Lamounier
Alan Lamounier rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Bigtoelittlefoot
Bigtoelittlefoot rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Grim
Grim rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2010
Yan Yanyan
Yan Yanyan rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2015
Kyuzo
Kyuzo rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Mojmir Hlincik
Mojmir Hlincik rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Craig
Craig rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2009
Siculus
Siculus rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2010
David
David rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Jork
Jork rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Kyle Michael
Kyle Michael rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
johnathon seratt
johnathon seratt rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Conan, Vol. 4: The Halls of the Dead and Other Stories
  • Conan, Vol. 13: Queen of the Black Coast
  • The Chronicles of Conan, Volume 2: Rogues in the House and Other Stories
  • Solomon Kane: The Castle of the Devil (Dark Horse's Solomon Kane, #1)
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 17: On the Perfection of Anatomy
Timothy Truman is an American writer, artist and musician. He is best known for his stories and Wild West-style comic book art, and in particular, for his work on Grimjack (with John Ostrander), Scout, and the reinvention of Jonah Hex, with Joe R. Lansdale. Truman is currently writing Conan and is an instructor at the Pennsylvania College of Art and Design.

Truman's first professional comics work w
More about Timothy Truman...

Conan Ongoing Series (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Conan, Vol. 0: Born on the Battlefield