Start by marking “Brackets” as Want to Read:
Brackets

Brackets (Brackets #1)

Photojournalist Austin Edmunds is something of a loner, preferring his own company to all of the people his friends try to set him up with. A new assignment in the Smoky Mountains might just change all that, though, when Austin meets big, sexy hunk, Brack Edge. Austin has never experienced an attraction as immediate as the one he feels for Brack, and he loves the scenery a ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Brackets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brackets

Phaney
Jun 08, 2013 Phaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Back to this hit-and-miss author. More misses than hits, I’m afraid, and this one falls short of the mark as well. At least it’s not mean-spirited. But let’s start this off right.

The man evidently had a workshop called Edge Wood right on the outskirts of town. Austin figured that pretty much covered all his areas of expertise. Brack Edge seemed to be all about wood.

Am I the only one who is outrageously amused by this? Because I doubt Austin intended that innuendo there.

The narrative feels a litt
Erotic Horizon
Apr 27, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it it was amazing
Austin Edmunds, city boy and photojournalist, becomes fascinated along with the entire country by the death of two young men and the emotional heartbreak of their family. When he is sent up the Smokey Mountain on assignment to get their story – he is thrilled. His one plan for the day after finding the town is to find his guide Brack Edge. Coming up to the mountain no one told him that he would find the loveliest bear of a man, just waiting to be cuddled, which was exactly what Brack is.
Brack Ed
ElaineY
Apr 04, 2010 ElaineY rated it really liked it
Austin's and Brack's romance is so saccharine, my teeth hurt. That's not a negative comment, by the way. It was a change to read a romance that started off right from Day One until the last page. Completely angst-free and problem-free, the book comes to a halt just when I was getting ready to see how Brack would take to New York.

Brackets is a simple, no-frills story of two men from vastly different worlds finding each other and no monsters of any kind to tear them apart. Much as I enjoyed Brack
Usagi Tsukino
Jul 20, 2012 Usagi Tsukino rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Less than 1 star.

I almost didn't want to finish this book.
Bored with the two MC's that got on my nerves almost immediately, bored with the story- if there was one at all. There was? o_O
I skipped pages and lots of text, because I couldn't stand it anymore.
I. simply. didn't. like. this. book.
SueM
A sugary-sweet novel, with what I found was just enough edge to prevent it being sickening, but for many, this novel will still be too sweet. This one will go on my comfort-read shelf, along with several others from this author. Yep, if you've read one by this author, you know the style. But I find these books are a perfect antidote the "life's crap" blues. :D
OkayKim
Sep 05, 2011 OkayKim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just could not get into the writing style of this book. The two mc's bored me to tears and the plot (if there was one)didn't grab my interest.
Did not finish it.
Alison
Dec 26, 2010 Alison rated it really liked it
Really got to my heart. Not many do. :)
Elisa Rolle
Brackets is almost a fairy tale, not since it has paranormal events, but since it's soo sweet and romantic that you almost have a glycaemia attack reading it. You think this is a bad thing? well not, I have a passion for sweet thing.

Let us start from the beginning. Austin is a photojournalist for a glittering New York gay men magazine. He is specialized in "from the heart" stories equipped with stunning pictures. So when the news that two twin brothers were killed in Iraq, and that they were two
blub
Oct 07, 2013 blub rated it it was ok

Too sugary sweet for my taste. Austin feeling such strong attraction upon meeting Brack annoyed me a bit. After 2 years of trying to avoid being setup with the guy (who at that point he didn't know was his friend's brother) I found it hard that he could just start falling for the guy. Especially since he wasn't sure he could ever love again (er..didn't want to love again).

Randy, Bethany, Marveline and Homer's stories were interesting and heart aching. I thought the author could have ma
melek
Mar 11, 2015 melek rated it it was amazing
Finally finished after been on current list it is slow pace but also fast pace.
Austin an photojournalist has a chance in a life time to write this story. Not only he has a chance to write an story he meet the brack. both hit it off and help a local kid on the way. Austin is amazed the place he has come to and help fall for brack.
Jane (PS)
Sep 06, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
An extremely sweet story but with some tough side elements dealt to minor characters. I'd love to know if the family that our MC travels to meet and write about is based on a similar true life story.
CB
Oct 13, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
A very sexy story about falling in love. Charming and interesting MC's with some very hot sex. Not a lot of drama but great secondary characters keep the story flowing.
Indigo
Feb 12, 2010 Indigo rated it it was amazing
4.5stars
Carolyn88
Feb 23, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing
Great love story. All the characters are wonderful.
Mrsgeo
Nov 30, 2014 Mrsgeo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
Too much sweetness and light - from the main characters to the parents who had lost 8 children. Not to mention the mother who was blind. Just ....... too much.
Mountie
Mountie rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2010
Bobbi
Bobbi rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Carole
Carole rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2009
Sarah rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2014
Dennie
Dennie rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
 Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Mara Ismine
Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2010
Janean
Janean rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
J. Bailey
J. Bailey rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2011
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2012
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Danny
Danny rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2009
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2014
Stevie
Stevie rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2009
Mandi
Mandi rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Life or Something Scary like That (Life, #1)
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • Easy
  • Second Time Around
  • Sleeping Stone
  • Catching a Second Wind
  • A Bid For Love
  • Still the One (The Best Gift, #2)
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Bad Case of Loving You
  • To Find and to Keep (Keeping You, #1)
  • Red Skies
  • Sutcliffe Cove
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Accidentally In Love
  • The Carpenter and the Fairy
  • Ice Cream on the Side
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)