Start by marking “Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)” as Want to Read:
Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)

Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest #5)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  1,227 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Some Girls Just Have To Be The Best At Everything.

If any two girls know about being the best, it's Heather Fox and Jasmine King. Just ask them; they'll be happy to tell you.

But every girl knows that there can only be one "best."

Can Sasha keep the girls from turning the arena into a war zone and still snag a spot on the coveted Youth Equestrian National Team?
Published October 20th 2009 by Aladdin (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Best Enemies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Enemies

Take the Reins by Jessica BurkhartHome Sweet Drama by Jessica BurkhartScandals, Rumors, Lies by Jessica BurkhartPopular by Jessica BurkhartComeback by Jessica Burkhart
horse books
11th out of 73 books — 26 voters
The Auditions by Stacy GreggTake the Reins by Jessica BurkhartShowjumpers by Stacy GreggRiding Star by Stacy GreggComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Tween Horse Books!
29th out of 122 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Juliana
Nov 29, 2012 Juliana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: english equestrians
great for tweens and teens who are aspiring equestrians. It speaks to me because i'm a competitive equestrian and know what the girls go through in training!!
Bryn
OMG I LOVED it. If u r a tween and luv horses (u don't even have to luv horses) it is a great book!
Natalie Toner
This book was just as fabulous as the rest! I loved it so much! I don't think that this series could ever produce a bad book! I can't wait to start reading the next one!
In this canterwood crest book, all of Sasha's focus is on making the YENT team. The competition is crazy tough. Jasmine King, Sasha's big competition, is consistently trying to get Sasha to lose her focus so she doesn't make the team. Jacob and Eric aren't getting along, and at the end if the book he confessed to Sasha that he
Maya Gorev
Some girls just have to be good at everything...

If any two girls know about being the best, it's Heather Fox and Jasmine King.
Just ask them, they'll be happy to tell you.

But every girl knows there can only be one " best ".

Can Sasha keep the girls from turning the arena into a war zone and still snag a spot on the coveted YENT [ " Youth Equestrian National Team " ] ?
Cynthia
I loved this book! The line between friends and enemies is thiner than ever. Allison and julia can not ride until january and Heather is pretty sure Jas has something to do with it, Meanwhile Jacob confesses tht he wants Sasha back!
Chloe
As always, I absolutely loved this installment to the series! The riding was really the main focus, which I appreciated. The relationships are, as always, realistic and so adorable! I find that this author is really good at creating a very realistic world with very dynamic characters - not a single girl (or guy) is portrayed as being only good or evil. I also really do enjoy the little snippets of quizzes and such that Sasha takes. While this seems like a small detail, it does make the story see ...more
Margret Klippet
i like how they keep ading new characters to the book so that keeps it interesting
Kira
Aug 18, 2011 Kira added it
In this book there is SO much drama! Jasmine is so my least fav character!
Tess Levy
I love this book so much!
Abbi
One of my fav's!
Katie
BEST SERIES EVER!!!
Kaitlin Johnson
I just finished the book canterwood crest best enemies written by Jessica burkhart. This book could really happen so it is a fiction. This book is about two girls that go to a horse camp. And they get assigned certain horses that they need to practice on. Too win a very big horses show. And heather falls in love with her horse charm. I rated this book 4 stars because there were some parts that we're boring, but there was some parts that were very good. And I really liked it a lot.
Tea
Apr 09, 2014 Tea added it
Honestly I thought this was a good book. BUT the fact that they are 12-13 and have all this drama and boyfriends and wear makeup and go to parties and whatever. Seem like something a 20 year old would do so that is really annoying and bugs me.
James J Webb III
Best Enemies

I loved this book. I couldn't stop reading so then I kinda got in trouble with my mom. I was like I can't stop reading now mom because I am at the best part.
Cynthia Hall
LOVE IT !!!

OH MY GOSH !!! This is like the best book ever !! I never thought I would get into the series but , holy crud this is the BEST series ever !!!
Thoa Turner
It was the best in the series
Abby
IM SO MAD THAT THE BOOK IS OVER!! CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT ONE!!
Mika
Best book ever
Chloe Sachs
I love this book!!!!
Heather
these books keep getting better and better
Jessica
Aug 02, 2014 Jessica rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Michelle Arrow
When I read this book, I totally knew whose side I was on, of course Heather's! I mean I totally thought that Jasmine was a brat and at least Heather is smarter and can come back with good comebacks. Plus, I thought that she's a better rider. I loved how this book features a different rivalry, different than just the Heather and Sasha one. :)
Leah Melrod
Read a really long time ago it was ok but meant for 5th and lower
Eliza
Nov 26, 2011 Eliza added it
I LOVED this book. If you are a teen/tween and you love horses, or even if you don't, read thia book! (read the first 4 first though!)
Brittin Grace
JASMINE GO HOME!! Sorry but really... shes annoying! GREAT BOOK! reading all of them.. So good! I can't stop
Eryn
i liked it but i wouldn' be able to give it more than 3 stars
Im Soooooo going to read this as soon as i can find it!
Christine
Re-read from July 9th 2014-July 12th 2014.
Kacie
Oct 13, 2010 Kacie added it
good not best of canterwood PROBLY 3 THOUGH!!!
Adele
Didn't really have a clear meaning.
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Dream of Night
  • Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • Sundancer
  • Run Away Home (Phantom Stallion, #24)
  • The Georges and the Jewels (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #1)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)
  • Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest, #11)
Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1) Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2) Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3) Triple Fault Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)