Start by marking “Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)” as Want to Read:
Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)

Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest #5)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  1,570 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Some Girls Just Have To Be The Best At Everything.

If any two girls know about being the best, it's Heather Fox and Jasmine King. Just ask them; they'll be happy to tell you.

But every girl knows that there can only be one "best."

Can Sasha keep the girls from turning the arena into a war zone and still snag a spot on the coveted Youth Equestrian National Team?
Published October 20th 2009 by Aladdin (first published October 1st 2009)

Juliana
May 23, 2012 Juliana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: english equestrians
great for tweens and teens who are aspiring equestrians. It speaks to me because i'm a competitive equestrian and know what the girls go through in training!!
Bryn
Feb 22, 2010 Bryn rated it it was amazing
OMG I LOVED it. If u r a tween and luv horses (u don't even have to luv horses) it is a great book!
Maya Gorev
Jan 09, 2012 Maya Gorev rated it it was amazing
Some girls just have to be good at everything...

If any two girls know about being the best, it's Heather Fox and Jasmine King.
Just ask them, they'll be happy to tell you.

But every girl knows there can only be one " best ".

Can Sasha keep the girls from turning the arena into a war zone and still snag a spot on the coveted YENT [ " Youth Equestrian National Team " ] ?
Cynthia
Feb 05, 2011 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The line between friends and enemies is thiner than ever. Allison and julia can not ride until january and Heather is pretty sure Jas has something to do with it, Meanwhile Jacob confesses tht he wants Sasha back!
Tea
Apr 09, 2014 Tea added it
Honestly I thought this was a good book. BUT the fact that they are 12-13 and have all this drama and boyfriends and wear makeup and go to parties and whatever. Seem like something a 20 year old would do so that is really annoying and bugs me.
Margret Klippet
Sep 14, 2012 Margret Klippet rated it really liked it
i like how they keep ading new characters to the book so that keeps it interesting
Katie
Oct 03, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
BEST SERIES EVER!!!
Tess Levy
I love this book so much!
Kira
Nov 24, 2010 Kira added it
In this book there is SO much drama! Jasmine is so my least fav character!
Abbi
Dec 02, 2010 Abbi rated it it was amazing
One of my fav's!
Tina
May 10, 2017 Tina rated it it was amazing
I think this was very inspiring to Teens or any girls who ride horses. I can totally connect to this book in so many ways. For example, I fight with my riding team, I have boys fight over me and I love my jumping horse! (Peach) This book inspired me to ride in more shows with my team and to try always even when it might be impossible!
Catherine ~Whatever you are, be a good one~
I enjoyed the first few books, but I feel like they're starting to drift from riding to drama and romance.
Mehsi
This was a good book in this series, however I am truly getting sick and tired of the whole Eric x Sasha x Jacob thing that apparently never will get resolved.

But even with that the book was good, there is also enough excitement because the YENT is coming closer and closer, and our characters are all working hard (some even work harder than is healthy for themselves and their horses) to make sure they get into YENT. I just loved the lessons, and the parts with the horses. Sasha was really great
Theresa
Feb 10, 2017 Theresa rated it it was ok
I think what gets me about these books is that sports stories (including ones about competitive equestrian events) and school stories each have some established traits or tropes which the main character personifies and which give us a reason to root for their success even in situations where that means another character will fail, but Sasha Silver doesn't... have or do any of it.

In sports or pony stories, our heroine is usually a scrappy underdog without the privileges her competition has enjoy
Natalie Toner
May 07, 2015 Natalie Toner rated it really liked it
This book was just as fabulous as the rest! I loved it so much! I don't think that this series could ever produce a bad book! I can't wait to start reading the next one!
In this canterwood crest book, all of Sasha's focus is on making the YENT team. The competition is crazy tough. Jasmine King, Sasha's big competition, is consistently trying to get Sasha to lose her focus so she doesn't make the team. Jacob and Eric aren't getting along, and at the end if the book he confessed to Sasha that he
Chloé
May 30, 2015 Chloé rated it it was amazing
As always, I absolutely loved this installment to the series! The riding was really the main focus, which I appreciated. The relationships are, as always, realistic and so adorable! I find that this author is really good at creating a very realistic world with very dynamic characters - not a single girl (or guy) is portrayed as being only good or evil. I also really do enjoy the little snippets of quizzes and such that Sasha takes. While this seems like a small detail, it does make the story see ...more
Kaitlin Johnson
Aug 20, 2014 Kaitlin Johnson rated it really liked it
I just finished the book canterwood crest best enemies written by Jessica burkhart. This book could really happen so it is a fiction. This book is about two girls that go to a horse camp. And they get assigned certain horses that they need to practice on. Too win a very big horses show. And heather falls in love with her horse charm. I rated this book 4 stars because there were some parts that we're boring, but there was some parts that were very good. And I really liked it a lot.
Michelle Arrow
Dec 10, 2012 Michelle Arrow rated it it was amazing
When I read this book, I totally knew whose side I was on, of course Heather's! I mean I totally thought that Jasmine was a brat and at least Heather is smarter and can come back with good comebacks. Plus, I thought that she's a better rider. I loved how this book features a different rivalry, different than just the Heather and Sasha one. :)
Adele
Jul 25, 2010 Adele rated it really liked it
Didn't really have a clear meaning.
Jessica
Jul 24, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Heather
May 23, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
these books keep getting better and better
Eliza
Nov 26, 2011 Eliza added it
I LOVED this book. If you are a teen/tween and you love horses, or even if you don't, read thia book! (read the first 4 first though!)
Anna
Recommends it for: bookachickie & luq128
wow!
Kathryn
Jul 30, 2015 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Love canterwood crest books!!!!
QUEEN
Feb 06, 2014 Chloe Sachs rated it it was amazing
I love this book!!!!
Brittin Grace
Oct 26, 2013 Brittin Grace rated it it was amazing
JASMINE GO HOME!! Sorry but really... shes annoying! GREAT BOOK! reading all of them.. So good! I can't stop
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • Buckskin Bandit (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #8)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • Dream of Night
  • Horses For Dummies
  • Run Away Home (Phantom Stallion, #24)
  • Sundancer
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • The Georges and the Jewels (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #1)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest #4)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)
  • Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest, #11)