Start by marking “Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince: A Tale of Long Ago” as Want to Read:
Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince: A Tale of Long Ago

Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince: A Tale of Long Ago

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Young Prince Hubert is incorrigible, unmanageable, and tiresomely demanding. What is the good King to do? How will his selfish Prince ever learn to rule the kingdom well? His most trusted friend, Sir Malcolm, has a plan. Prince Hubert is swept away to a land where he is simply known as Hugh, a peasant boy. His silks are replaced with rough work clothes, his castle dwelling ...more
224 pages
Published 2008 by Lamplighter Publishing (first published January 17th 1889)

To ask other readers questions about Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince

Karen
Feb 25, 2015 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: dad, ellie
Dad is reading this book to Ellie at night and they are loving it. She has listened to the audio. We gave this book to Ellie in celebration of her devotion to the Lord.

This was such a precious book for Dad and Ellie to read together. They both rated it 5 stars. One of the characters in the book is Ellie and the prince gave her a gold coin that she wore around her neck. We had a gold coin with an angel on it that Yellow Grandma had given us so Ben put a small hole in the top of it and hung it on
( ●—● ) Evelynn
This was the first Lamplighter Theatre radio drama that I listened to. I hesitantly borrowed it from my church's library after the librarian highly recommended it, thinking that it would be just another prince-kingom-fantasy-allegory, which I'm not really into.

Boy, was I wrong.

Not only was it not fantasy, it was an amazing moral story! It also included one of my favorite radio actors (Adam Wylie), who played as Hubert/Hugh. And I love Jess Harnell (Finnian Jones).

Lamplighter has definitely expan
Nichole
I actually didn't read this. I listened to the dramatized edition put out by the Lamplighter Theatre.
Stacey
Actually we are listening to the audio theatre--Great story! I love lamplighter books and their audio theatre is wonderful. Elijah especially loved this. I look forward to downloading another when there is a good sale. It is worth the expense.

Michelle
Some Lamplighters can have the "preachy" overwhelm the story but this one is pretty good--an easy read, involving story, but still a good message.
Kelly
FANTASTIC children's book. My kids and I were on the edge of our seats for the entire book. A memorable lesson on character building.
Leah Good
A spoiled prince is whisked to the country side to live as a poor boy in the care of a peasant woman. Will poverty teach him honor?
LaDonna
This is such a great story. Near the end I was really moved by the changes in him. We will read this again for sure.
Lee Huntington
Again, a Lamplighter Theater listen for us. Loved it. Boy loved it. Has already listened through twice.
James
Great family reading...
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Alli
Alli marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Crissy
Crissy marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Dandrewry
Dandrewry marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Paige Todd
Paige Todd marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Tag
Tag marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Marjorie of Monhegan: A Year in a Girl's Life on a Maine Coast Island Poverty And Politics: Rise And Decline Of The Farm Security Administration A Government by the People: Direct Democracy in America, 1890-1940