Start by marking “What Would Keith Richards Do?: Daily Affirmations from a Rock and Roll Survivor” as Want to Read:
What Would Keith Richards Do?: Daily Affirmations from a Rock and Roll Survivor

What Would Keith Richards Do?: Daily Affirmations from a Rock and Roll Survivor

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  35 reviews
The perfect gift for the legions of fans of the Rolling Stones: timeless wisdom and spiritual beliefs inspired by one of the world's great survivors, Keith Richards.

What is a wise man? What is a prophet?

Someone with a strange, unflappable demeanor. Someone who speaks in cryptic koans, words whose meanings take years to unravel. Someone who has confronted death, God, sin,
Published May 19th 2009 by Bloomsbury USA (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about What Would Keith Richards Do?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Would Keith Richards Do?

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsCatch-22 by Joseph HellerGood Omens by Terry PratchettA Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy TooleLamb by Christopher Moore
Funniest Novels of All Time
418th out of 732 books — 1,008 voters
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberTangled by Emma Chase
I Honestly LOL'd
400th out of 527 books — 667 voters

More lists with this book...

Marvin
Here's the best thing in this book...

Keith Richards' Mum's Shepherd's Pie Recipe

3 pounds potatoes, "Tumbling Diced"
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pounds ground beef
2 large onions, chopped
2 large carrots, grated
1 12-ounce can beef stock
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer until tender. Drain. Using electric mixer or whisk, mash potatoes and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Heat large skill
Angelica Melendez
Richards is like Pooh, he just is.
Jeremy
Elvis dead, Hendrix dead, Lennon dead, Cobain dead, Keith Richards still alive! His words: "I will write all of your epitaphs" prophesy, just like he had witnessed the extinction of rock dinosaurs, that he will still be here after all the American Idols and the flavor of the months of today are gone. "I'm timeless now, I'm beyond time," he says. One thing's for sure, as this book will show you, Keith Richards has survived the perils of rock stardom and has come away unscathed and the more wiser ...more
Steve Bennett
Um, this book was not very good. The author really just lifted a bunch of quotes from Keith's recent book and various Keith interviews and interspersed them under different headings. Come on Jessica, you got to put more effort into it than that. The book is highly recommended to people who are looking to reach their 2012 goals for a certain number of books to read because you can read this in one night, while watching America's Funniest Videos.
Cheryl
Most entertaining and amusing chapter was on keith and philosophy, pitting keith against the greats and then the greats on keith. Overall a good read. Don't be fooled though as the majority of this book is composed of quotes from interviews over the years and organized into categories e.g. keith on art or on regret.
Israel
Es una gran idea para una lectura rápida pero nunca alcanza la altura de su premisa.

Al principio muestra algún sentido al relacionar citas o pensamientos de Keith con las de filósofos y grandes pensadores:

"The hardest victory is over self" - Aristoteles

"I'm here today because i have taken the trouble to find out who i am" - Keith

"If a man neglects education, he walks lame to the end of his life" - Platón

"Nobody stops growing, otherwise there's no point in doing the trip in the first place" - Kei
Bebe
Being a Stones fan might make me a bit prejudice, but the book is fun.
Steve

One of the funniest books you will ever read
Alexandra
Jun 24, 2009 Alexandra marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
this sounds like fun!
Ladiibbug
Sep 04, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Only The Most Rabid Keith Richards Fans
Being a huge Rolling Stones & Keith Richards fan for decades, I was expecting alot more. Keith is known for his irreverent outlook, biting sarcasm, and outrageous quotes.

This book seemingly gathered the tamest, most ho-hum quotes, with the exception of maybe ten that lived up to Keith Richard-isms.

The author made an interesting comparison between a series of Keith quotes and statements, alongside a series of historical philosophers (Nietzsche, Plato, Aristotle, etc.), which showed remarkable
Stacey
Thought this was going to be so much more fun than it was. After reading Keith's book I expected a lot more from this. I know it's unauthorized and really unaffiliated with Keith, but I just expected more. The first 40 pages or so are ok and kind of interesting, but the rest of it is pretty repetitive. And if you've read Keith's book, you really don't have to read the last 50 pages or so because it's all information that you already read in more detail.
Couldn't read it fast enough.
Tank Girl
As a fun little 'pick me up where you left off' book this is very much worth it. The little snippets of mostly humorous content, quotes and the bullet point Trouble Timeline makes an easy 5-10 minute boredom read.
I would not recommend reading this book straight from cover to cover as I think it might send you reeling with information overload, but if you are a habitual toilet reader or you just want something smooth to read during your coffee break then this book is perfect.

As for the content: T
Deborah
A very fun concept book that takes quotes from this Stone and categorizes them into a Philosophical day book!
Mary
Dec 25, 2014 Mary added it
nook
Lkziua
I'm loving this book. It really makes you understand why Keith Richards lasted so long. It also underscores so much self-help stuff that relates to attitude, humor, knowing yourself, etc. Plus, the guy is hysterical. Really funny. It's so understandable why Richards was voted THE most fan-obsessed Living rock star (even more than Jagger!) :)
Donnie Corrêa
Keith is one of my personal heroes. A friend moved to London for a while and brought me back a copy of this book when he returned, and I just loved it. Keithism is a way of life that leads to wisdom, creativity and survival - or to severe alcohol poisoning.

Keith is a legend and an example to all, mostly to our currently misguided "Z" Generation.
Liam
Judging from her name, photograph, and author's note, Ms. West is undoubtedly British. I am a fucking Irishman, and even I know that the name of the R.A.F.'s most famous ace fighter pilot was Sir Douglas Bader, not "Douglas Gader"...
Marshall
I quite enjoyed this read. Definitely some solid advice on how to live your life. It isn't a book to just pick up and read, rather one that you enjoy for 5-10 minutes here and there.
Janitag
Really funny and well written. I found myself giggling out loud from time to time. Keith Richards is such a charming character.

Overall a good read for Stones fans!

Gay Terry
Got it on a whim at a kindle sale andI thought it would be pretty mindless, but it turns out Keith is quite a philosopher. The timeline of episodes of his life is astounding.
Mary Ann
This is an enjoyable, quick read. Simple, no-nonsense advice on how to life well. Read it, it will make you smile and remind you of some important life lessons!
Zycroft
Enjoyable little read that you can set down and come back to whenever you like. There's no need to read it in any order and it's fun and funny throughout.
Cyndie Todd
Super fun read. I enjoyed getting to know Keith Richards better. Anybody can benefit from knowing Keith Richards a little better.
Lisa
A great idea; you're bound to have far more fun using taking Keef as your inspiration than someone like, for example, Jesus.
Glorianne Roccanova
nothing that you didn't know before, but great stuff.....i like to read different precertions of the same idea.....
Very interesting! At times the author sounded like an obsessed teenage girl, but pretty good overall.
Erik
Though this sounded like such a great idea for a light, quick read, it never really lived up to its promise.
Duane
Jan 08, 2012 Duane rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
part faux-philosophy, part quotable Keith, plus a brief bio/history
Rosie
loved it!

for the Rolling Stone fan...:)
Lola
This is a very good book. My friend recently wrote it!
  • S.T.P.: A Journey Through America With The Rolling Stones
  • According to the Rolling Stones
  • Postcards from the Boys
  • Sway
  • The Stones
  • Twenty Thousand Roads: The Ballad of Gram Parsons and His Cosmic American Music
  • Revoltingly Young: The Journals of Nick Twisp's Younger Brother
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • Rock Bottom: Dark Moments in Music Babylon
  • There's A Riot Going On: Revolutionaries, Rock Stars, and the Rise and Fall of '60s Counter-Culture
  • Jimmy Page: Magus, Musician, Man: An Unauthorized Biography
  • Hendrix: Setting The Record Straight
What Would Keith Richards Do?