Start by marking “Worldwide Ward Cookbook: 440 Recipes from LDS Cooks Around the Globe” as Want to Read:
Worldwide Ward Cookbook:  440 Recipes from LDS Cooks Around the Globe

Worldwide Ward Cookbook: 440 Recipes from LDS Cooks Around the Globe

Comfort-food recipes from across America and around the world It's time to mix it up a little in the kitchen with the Worldwide Ward Cookbookfavorite dishes from Latter-day Saint cooks around the world and right next-door. With comfort-food recipes gathered from across America as well as 46 other countries, you'll find homemade classics along with dishes that may be diffic

Published March 1st 2009 by Covenant Communications, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Worldwide Ward Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worldwide Ward Cookbook

Michelle
Mar 03, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
This is the most excited I've been about a cookbook in ages. This book is a real treat! Big, beautiful design (reminds me of some scrapbook stuff I have!) lovely glossy pages with big pictures of recipes, and chock full of interesting recipes from nearly everywhere. There were recipes from America, of course, and Australia, Canada, South Africa, Ghana, England, France, Portugal, Japan, China, Laos, --I'm sure I'm forgetting several places. My son ran off with the book to salivate over the ...more
Lisa Shafer
Feb 07, 2016 Lisa Shafer rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Take Up The White Man's Burden.......
This is a pretty cookbook, but it has some problems. The first is that the photos only slightly resemble the recipes, which is odd. (Another reviewer has suggested that the publisher used stock photos, so that might very well be the case.) The second problem is that these recipes aren't all that "world-wide." They're mostly from the US with a few others thrown in. While the measurements have all been converted for the American cook, some of the ingredients ha
Teri
Nov 13, 2009 Teri rated it it was amazing
Worldwide Ward Cookbook by Deanna Buxton

I ordered this cookbook for our SIL for Christmas this year, as he loves to cook and collect cookbooks and I ordered it through Amazon and it came in the mail today. I spent a couple of hours going through this most amazing, wonderful cookbook. I loved everything about this book, especially the colorfulpictures, the designs on each page, the little stories behind the recipes, a few photos of the people who submitted some of the recipes to make the book mor
Clarice
Nov 14, 2012 Clarice rated it it was amazing
I just checked this out of the library and haven't had a chance to make anything yet, but I plan to now buy my own copy. (attention family, it's going on my Amazon Christmas wish list!)I like that it has recipes from around the world that I am really likely to use and love from the Philippines, Asia, India, and so on. The little personal stories in there make it feel more personal and like you are getting a recipe handed down from a good friend, a tried and true recipe, and that's actually what ...more
Kristen
May 19, 2009 Kristen rated it it was ok
I love getting cookbooks from the library and reviewing them first to see if there's enough recipes I'm interested in to justify buying it. This is not one I'd own. It had a handful of recipes I'd like to try but for the most part it had a lot of recipes I already have in some variation or another or too many exotic ingredients that if I could find locally I don't know if I would be daring enough to try them.
Annalisa
Jun 11, 2010 Annalisa rated it it was amazing
I read through all of the recipes in this book and picked out a dozen that I couldn't wait to try. So far every one that I have made has been DELICIOUS! I also really love all of the little stories and pictures that go along with the recipes. It is fun to see people making these recipes and hear why they are dear to them. I'm sure I will make many memories with these tasty meals.
Alisa
May 31, 2011 Alisa rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
There are several recipes I want to try in here. It is especially fun to read the stories behind some of the recipes. A few favorites I will have to try in the future, but overall, good cookbook. I wish there were more pictures of the recipes, but presentation is lovely. I like how it is separated into categories.
Jared Anderson
Jan 10, 2013 Jared Anderson rated it really liked it
This cookbook is filled with lots of yummy recipes. We have our favorites that we make time and time again. The sweet and sour meatballs are awesome, as are the chicken enchiladas. Several others are escaping my mind, but there are some good ones. It's also a very diverse cookbook. Some recipes are more complex than others, but that's what makes a good cookbook, right?
Jillybean
Apr 15, 2009 Jillybean rated it really liked it
I'd give it 5 stars except its too big for any shelf in my kitchen. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes . . . also like the little tidbits of information about the various dishes from throughout the world.
Nanette
Jul 20, 2012 Nanette rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
I really enjoy this cookbook. There are some fun recipes from distant lands and some old favorites that have different twists. The pictures are fun and there are some great little snippets from the various contributors. I think it's a keeper and I want the new Christmas edition.
Tammra
Mar 10, 2009 Tammra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lds, cookbook, own
My daughter and I spent the weekend enjoying this great cookbook. We also made a few of the recipes and they all turned out great. It was also fun to read all the stories that went along with some of the recipes.
Tiffany
Feb 18, 2010 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
I got lots and lots of recipes from this book. I've tried 5 or 6 and probably 3 or 4 have made it into my cookbook. This is a cookbook I would seriously consider buying, but since I live in Provo, the good old library has it for FREE.
Mandy
Feb 03, 2010 Mandy rated it really liked it
I was given this book last month and used it several times already. I like that it is a lot of basic recipes, whether here or across the world it is the food that is really on tables. Also, there are more exotic ones if I'm feeling up to it.
Magen
Aug 14, 2011 Magen rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Holy moly this book is fabulous. The variety of recipes is what sold me. And my two favorite recipes so far is the Mexican Rice (I have to keep all the ingredients on hand now) and the Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup. The only reason I didn't mark it as 5 was the lack of pictures.
Msstacylynn Turner
Aug 16, 2010 Msstacylynn Turner rated it did not like it
I was not impressed with this at all. I was expecting tried and true mormon recipes. I felt it was just another cookbook. Many of the ingredients are not readily available. The directions were not clearly layed out. Some ingredients are not clearly explained.
Angie
Apr 04, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
I have to own this! I read it cover to cover at my sisters and it had such original recipes and fun stories. No gross ones!
Yara
Mar 10, 2009 Yara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
This is a beautiful cookbook--and not just because one of our neighbors designed it and another neighbor collected the recipes and stories.
Kae Larsen
May 19, 2011 Kae Larsen rated it liked it
This is a good cookbook, but the best of this bunch in my opinion is the Mom's best worldwide ward cookbook.
Carol
Feb 09, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it
Definitely a cookbook for collectors of tasty recipes. I enjoyed the stories that accompanied some of the recipes.
Leah
Mar 09, 2009 Leah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
How can I not give five stars to this, I'm in it!!!!! (As well as my mom, aunt and grandmother!!!!)
Kristie
Jul 28, 2014 Kristie rated it it was amazing
Have tried many recipes in this book and every one has been a winner. It is the cookbook I look at first whenever I need something for a party/gathering.
Jodi Robinson
Oct 01, 2009 Jodi Robinson rated it really liked it
Just picked up this cookbook today. I'm loving the walk down memory lane. So many of the recipes are ones I've eaten over my lifetime. It's been fun to remember.
Jaymie
Jaymie rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2012
Roberto Clouset
Roberto Clouset rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2014
Sheila
Sheila rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2009
Stacie
Stacie rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Utdancer
Utdancer rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Christie
Christie rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2010
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011