Wolverine and the Black Cat: Claws

Wolverine and the Black Cat: Claws (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Shanghaied and transported to a remote desert island, Wolverine and the Black Cat find themselves at the center of a deadly game. A team of filthy-rich hunters have slapped down some serious cash for the opportunity to hunt the most dangerous prey on the planet, and they've got the high-tech weapons to do just that. Like it or not, the key to Logan and Felicia's survival j...more
Published February 7th 2007 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine and the Black Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine and the Black Cat

Angel
A nice basic take on the "Most Dangerous Game" story line where Wolverine and Black Cat are kidnapped to be hunted in some isolated island by rich folks. There is a nice twist when it is revealed who actually orchestrated the hunt. Black Cat really does look good in this volume (in terms of eye candy and just the overall look). The volume does include a sketchbook of the artist which goes into some of the decisions of the art. If you like the art, or you are someone who draws, appreciates drawin...more
Bonnie
I picked this up because I love Felicia Hardy and there's not enough of her in comics. Should've followed my misgivings on the cover art and not purchased it. Even though there's a comment in the back about how they wanted to de-emphasized her bustline, her bust is still drawn very prominently. In case anyone were to forget that people have nipples--well, don't worry, all the females in these pages have nipples carefully drawn. Otherwise we'd probably forget they had breasts at all! Story line w...more
Justin
I'm not usually one for the super hero comics but I liked this story line. It was fun without being too over the top. A lot of references to other novels.
Eric
A fun, sometimes funny read. No deep moral issues, just the Black Cat and Wolverine fighting for their lives.
Craig
There are some nice witty lines in the dialog and the painted covers are quite good, but overall this "Most Dangerous Game" pastiche is a little slim for the price. The art reminds me of the kind of thing Richard Corben used to do back in the day, but I had trouble with the eyes; there are a couple of Spider-Man pages where he appears to have bugging-out bug eyes, and when Felicia is wearing her mask the whites of her eyes turn too-completely emerald green. It's not a bad book, there are some ni...more
Nicole Lawson
These are two of my favorite comic book characters. I absolutely love the story line and these two have such great personality clashes. I can't wait to get the next one.
Jarlos
At first i was disappointed that Linsner was not coloring the book, but i quickly got used to the look and ended up thinking it was a nice fit and good compromise between his sesibilities and that of a mainstream superhero book. yes, it's been said that the story is simple. it IS simple, but it's not stupid. it's a fun romp. you know, comic books can just be fun. it's silly, funny, flirty and it's got decent action.
Megan
Jul 23, 2008 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Marvel comics, fans of Joseph Michael Linsner, fans of superhero romantic comedy
A fun light comedy featuring two of my favorite favorite Marvel characters, with art by the incomparable JML. Quick banter, goofy villains, lots of explosions, and even a little romance -- what more could you ask for?

I'm just sorry that this was only a three-part series; I'd love to see these two teamed up again, especially if the same creative team is involved.

*Bonus points to anyone who spots the Dawn cameo!
Keya
A fun little romp. Linsner's art is still great even though it's not in its usual painted form. I like his Black Cat redesign. Really becoming a fan of the character. Palmiotti and Gray put forth some great dialogue as usual. Read it if you're looking for something light and action packed, are a fan of Black Cat, or like watching Wolverine get blown up, poisoned, burn, eaten, etc.
Eric
This story needed to be a single issue, not a three. The concept is paper thin, which can be okay for a story going for fun, but this didn't work for me. Wolverine is overexposed and doesn't make for a fun read these days and Black Cat is terrible in this. Might be fun for some, but a pass for me.
Nicolas
This was just fun, plain and simple. I really liked the chemistry between Black Cat and Spiderman and thought they did a good job exploring the dynamic between her and Wolverine. It is a random pairing, but it worked well.
J.
Solid, in a sort of childish way. It reads like an episode of something larger; nothing really fantastic, but nothing to really complain about, either, other than some terrible jokes.
Arturo

Spider-Man and cyclops being outta character killed the whole thing, besides the paper thin plot. Not seeing why this even had to exist.
Craig
Fantastic plot, story, and a great ending. Great team up choice by Marvel!
April
Amusing with very nice illustrations and entertaining snark.
Samra
Fun and entertaining. I love felicia s costume.
Vadim
Vadim marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Ricky
Ricky added it
Jul 14, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Kristen Mohr
Kristen Mohr marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
James "Jimmy" Palmiotti is an American writer and inker of comic books, who also does writing for games, television and film.

Photo by Luigi Novi.
More about Jimmy Palmiotti...
All Star Western, Vol. 3: The Black Diamond Probability Terra The Hills Have Eyes: The Beginning Deadpool Classic, Vol. 7 Ame-Comi Girls Vol. 1