Start by marking “Wolverine and the Black Cat: Claws” as Want to Read:
Wolverine and the Black Cat: Claws

Wolverine and the Black Cat: Claws (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

Shanghaied and transported to a remote desert island, Wolverine and the Black Cat find themselves at the center of a deadly game. A team of filthy-rich hunters have slapped down some serious cash for the opportunity to hunt the most dangerous prey on the planet, and they've got the high-tech weapons to do just that. Like it or not, the key to Logan and Felicia's survival j ...more
Published February 7th 2007 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine and the Black Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine and the Black Cat

Marco
Oct 29, 2014 Marco rated it liked it
Not much bang for the buck (three-issue limited series in a hardcover package) but I got this very cheap and it was rather entertaining, so I'm not complaining too loudly.
Not a must-read, but not a complete waste of time, either.
Christopher
Apr 19, 2016 Christopher rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
Is it good in a general sense? Not particularly. But is it fairly entertaining considering the nonexistent expectations such a title begins with? Absolutely.
Megan
Jul 10, 2008 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Marvel comics, fans of Joseph Michael Linsner, fans of superhero romantic comedy
A fun light comedy featuring two of my favorite favorite Marvel characters, with art by the incomparable JML. Quick banter, goofy villains, lots of explosions, and even a little romance -- what more could you ask for?

I'm just sorry that this was only a three-part series; I'd love to see these two teamed up again, especially if the same creative team is involved.

*Bonus points to anyone who spots the Dawn cameo!
Craig
Apr 04, 2012 Craig rated it it was amazing
Fantastic plot, story, and a great ending. Great team up choice by Marvel!
Nicole Lawson
Jul 24, 2014 Nicole Lawson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
These are two of my favorite comic book characters. I absolutely love the story line and these two have such great personality clashes. I can't wait to get the next one.
Justin
Aug 04, 2014 Justin rated it really liked it
I'm not usually one for the super hero comics but I liked this story line. It was fun without being too over the top. A lot of references to other novels.
April
Aug 26, 2008 April rated it really liked it
Amusing with very nice illustrations and entertaining snark.
Samra
Sep 03, 2012 Samra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and entertaining. I love felicia s costume.
Angel
A nice basic take on the "Most Dangerous Game" story line where Wolverine and Black Cat are kidnapped to be hunted in some isolated island by rich folks. There is a nice twist when it is revealed who actually orchestrated the hunt. Black Cat really does look good in this volume (in terms of eye candy and just the overall look). The volume does include a sketchbook of the artist which goes into some of the decisions of the art. If you like the art, or you are someone who draws, appreciates drawin ...more
M.P. Johnson
Nov 19, 2014 M.P. Johnson rated it did not like it
This Is Some Serious Garbage

You know that video of the girl walking through NYC getting catcalled for 10 hours? That's how this book starts, except the girl is Black Cat and the perv is Spider-Man. Why is Spider-Man in this book? He has nothing to do with the story. He just sets the stage for the grossness that follows. The writer managed to make a simple story convoluted by cutting to the end and then flashing back to the big escape scene, which makes no sense at all. Seriously one of the worst
Bonnie
Mar 26, 2013 Bonnie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I picked this up because I love Felicia Hardy and there's not enough of her in comics. Should've followed my misgivings on the cover art and not purchased it. Even though there's a comment in the back about how they wanted to de-emphasized her bustline, her bust is still drawn very prominently. In case anyone were to forget that people have nipples--well, don't worry, all the females in these pages have nipples carefully drawn. Otherwise we'd probably forget they had breasts at all! Story line w ...more
Craig
Feb 05, 2013 Craig rated it liked it
There are some nice witty lines in the dialog and the painted covers are quite good, but overall this "Most Dangerous Game" pastiche is a little slim for the price. The art reminds me of the kind of thing Richard Corben used to do back in the day, but I had trouble with the eyes; there are a couple of Spider-Man pages where he appears to have bugging-out bug eyes, and when Felicia is wearing her mask the whites of her eyes turn too-completely emerald green. It's not a bad book, there are some ni ...more
Jarlos
Aug 07, 2011 Jarlos rated it liked it
At first i was disappointed that Linsner was not coloring the book, but i quickly got used to the look and ended up thinking it was a nice fit and good compromise between his sesibilities and that of a mainstream superhero book. yes, it's been said that the story is simple. it IS simple, but it's not stupid. it's a fun romp. you know, comic books can just be fun. it's silly, funny, flirty and it's got decent action.
Keya
Sep 13, 2012 Keya rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, owned
A fun little romp. Linsner's art is still great even though it's not in its usual painted form. I like his Black Cat redesign. Really becoming a fan of the character. Palmiotti and Gray put forth some great dialogue as usual. Read it if you're looking for something light and action packed, are a fan of Black Cat, or like watching Wolverine get blown up, poisoned, burn, eaten, etc.
Eric Mikols
Sep 05, 2012 Eric Mikols rated it it was ok
This story needed to be a single issue, not a three. The concept is paper thin, which can be okay for a story going for fun, but this didn't work for me. Wolverine is overexposed and doesn't make for a fun read these days and Black Cat is terrible in this. Might be fun for some, but a pass for me.
David
So-so. Normally, I a fan of Wolverine but this just didn't do it for me. Team-ups can be a bit opportunistic and I don't recall the dynamic between Wolverine and his counterparts being anything special. Must be getting cynical in my middle age?
Nicolas
Aug 16, 2012 Nicolas rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was just fun, plain and simple. I really liked the chemistry between Black Cat and Spiderman and thought they did a good job exploring the dynamic between her and Wolverine. It is a random pairing, but it worked well.
Eric
Aug 02, 2014 Eric rated it liked it
A fun, sometimes funny read. No deep moral issues, just the Black Cat and Wolverine fighting for their lives.
Don
Aug 09, 2015 Don rated it really liked it
Loved the humor in this collection. Had a fun time reading. Kind of fluffy, not a lot of substance but that's fine. Just a simple, enjoyable book.
Arturo
Mar 04, 2013 Arturo rated it did not like it

Spider-Man and cyclops being outta character killed the whole thing, besides the paper thin plot. Not seeing why this even had to exist.
J.
Jan 26, 2013 J. rated it liked it
Solid, in a sort of childish way. It reads like an episode of something larger; nothing really fantastic, but nothing to really complain about, either, other than some terrible jokes.
Neal Nederhoff
Neal Nederhoff rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Montse
Montse rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Alberto
Alberto rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Matthew Purnell
Matthew Purnell rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Joshua Madden
Joshua Madden rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Doug
Doug rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2016
Caleb
Caleb rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2015
Anelis
Anelis rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Paul DePaola
Paul DePaola rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Rogue, Volume 1: Going Rogue
  • Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force/The Deep
  • Fear Itself: The Fearless
  • X-Posed (New X-Men: Academy X #3)
  • Amazing X-Men, Volume 1: The Quest for Nightcrawler
  • Captain America: Hail Hydra
  • Marvel Zombies Destroy!
  • Emma Frost Ultimate Collection
  • House of M: Civil War
  • Secret Invasion: Inhumans
  • Ghost Rider, Vol. 1: Vicious Cycle
  • Captain America: Red Menace
James "Jimmy" Palmiotti is an American writer and inker of comic books, who also does writing for games, television and film.

Photo by Luigi Novi.
More about Jimmy Palmiotti...

Wolverine Marvel Comics (1 - 10 of 217 books)
  • The Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1
  • Wolverine: Origin
  • Wolverine: Origin II
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Premiere Classic)
  • Wolverine: Season One