Start by marking “Passionate Scandal” as Want to Read:
Passionate Scandal

Passionate Scandal

Wild and willful, Madeline had run rings around the besotted men who fell for her wicked blue eyes and black mane of hair. Until she met Dominic Stanton.

Their scandalous affair and broken engagement had sent Madeline running, crushed by a man who took his revenge in the most public of ways.

But now Madeline had returned, poised and controlled, her inner fire hidden--to ever
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #1695, 187 pages
Published October 1st 1994 by Harlequin Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Passionate Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passionate Scandal

willaful
This is so dated and confused, I can barely believe it was pulished in 1994 instead of 1974. The mixed messages around sex are crazy-making -- it might be trying to be sex-positive, but it comes off really negative. Didn't work for me at all.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a very good lovers reunited romance. I think for a short book, it successfullydelves into and explores what makes a relationship between two people who truly love each other fall apart. Sometimes it's a complex mix of internal and external forces. In the case of Madeline and Dominic, it was insecurity, differences in age, and fears on how that affected their relationship, and too much interference from their family in their relationship.

I liked that neither was perfect and neither was d
♌️ KC
So it's Madeline's fault that Dominic couldn't handle her? That was the old-fashioned, negative message I absorbed. Dominic wasn't sure how to handle Madeline's "wildness" (she wasn't that bad). (view spoiler) Because of this he spanked her in retribut ...more
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver✨
Former wild child is now composed & well-mannered young woman 4 yrs after her older ex-fiance publicly humiliated her in front of their distinguished family & social circle. She is back in England from Boston to attend her sister's wedding, only to find out that her & Hero's family has been on the out since the "scandal". Both are trying to figure out a way to mend it while dealing with their attraction.

This Reid book didn't work for me. The writing was not very clear. Maybe it's bec
Alexis-Morgan Roark
sbf20112011
Sep 09, 2011 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing
Yes, some of the plot points were a little confusing/outdated, but I still say this is a great Reid book. So much emotion/angst, I really loved this one -- it's one of my favorite HPs.
Janice
Dec 29, 2013 Janice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
they were engaged but broke up, now it is 4 years later
Tia
Feb 13, 2014 Tia rated it it was amazing
Omg, I loved it. Totally and completely. It was everything it needed to be and more.
Tishke
May 16, 2015 Tishke rated it really liked it
It would have been a 4.5 stars if he didn't slap her back and I do usually take more than 0.5 point off for something similar in other books but it seems the spanking and slapping her right back was needed to show how out of control she made him feel at times.
Missy
Aug 11, 2016 Missy rated it it was amazing
A nice read packed with angst, drama, and passion.

One summer while playing in the pool Maddy and Dominic look into each others eyes and time stopped. Lots a tension and sexual awakening in that scene. Dominic takes the lead and asks her out. Still reeling Maddy agees. Thus begins their hot and heavy courtship with everyone pushing them or offering advice, which starts confusing them.

Maddy and Dominic both have ideas on how their relationship should go but they starting loosing track of it and fo
Roub
Apr 25, 2015 Roub rated it really liked it
what an awesome read! i love everything about the book ! yet i wish more drama near the end and dats why i minused one star. i dunt believe Dominic was responsible for their breakup. Madeline behaved abominably. she behaved like a bitch and a slut ! ofc she did not deserve the spanking she got but what she did after, as retaliation, blew things out of proportion. she proved she was highly volatile, out of control and cud easily cheat on Dominic if she had enough provocation. it was highly commen ...more
Dianna Manos
Dianna Manos rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2010
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Lavinia
Lavinia rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2013
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2010
Mona
Mona rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2013
Giovanni
Giovanni rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2014
Winny
Winny rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Alicet
Alicet rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2012
Sonia
Sonia rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Amani
Amani rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Turtle
Turtle rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
lauren
lauren rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2011
Gabbie
Gabbie rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2011
Laura McKellips
Laura McKellips rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Lede
Sep 16, 2014 Lede rated it it was ok
Boring, before and after finding out what actually happened to send her fleeing.
  • A Lingering Melody
  • A Night with the Society Playboy (Nights of Passion #3)
  • A Savage Betrayal
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • Rafe's Redemption
  • Love Conspiracy
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • The Master's Mistress
  • Shattered Trust
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Bought with His Name
  • The Night that Changed Everything
  • The Riccioni's Pregnancy / Bayi Keluarga Riccioni
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...