Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Last Resort” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Last Resort

Doctor Who: The Last Resort (Eighth Doctor Adventures #64)

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  7 reviews
An adventure featuring the Eighth Doctor with Fitz and Anji. The heroes are used to finding themselves in different times, eras long before or long after the ones into which they were born. But when these eras come equipped with Hilton hotels and luxury theme parks, it's a different matter. In the 1950s, the Good Time Travel Company has discovered time travel in a big way ...more
Paperback, 1st, 275 pages
Published August 25th 2003 by BBC Worldwide Publishing (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Michael Battaglia
There's something viscerally weird about reading a book and literally seeing the tatters of the plot unraveling further before your eyes, especially when the book itself is about time unraveling. It's like grabbing hold of a rope to pull yourself along and then realizing after some time you're not holding anything in your hands because the rope was made of snow and at some point dissolved. But at least you can explain that. I don't know what the heck happened here.

This book does pull off one nea
RC
Perhaps a re-write as a Hitch-hikers novel, where the characters would simply have a good time in the madness, rather than simply die over and over again, would make a better novel.
Maya Panika
There was a good idea at the heart of this book but so badly executed as to make it all but unreadable.

Mostly, I was confused. I didn’t have a clue what was going on much of the time – and it’s not as if I’m ignorant of quantum physics, parallel universes and the theories of time travel, they’re something of a speciality of mine – but it all hung on such a thin and perplexing plot with so much needless repetition and feeble characterisation I just couldn’t maintain enough interest to bother wit
M
I am so confused.

Utterly and completely confused. I'm also upset, but I'm not entirely sure why.

If you love the Doctor, read it (but you will be confused the whole time).
Jessica
Interesting concept and passable characterization - I was willing to stick with it till the end, but ultimately I required more explanation than I got.
Janelle
Totally weird and confusing, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Simon Curtis
In a word: Bonkers!
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Victoria Mitchell
Victoria Mitchell marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Andy Stehr
Andy Stehr marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
John Lynch
John Lynch marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
S. Pame Patelli
S. Pame Patelli marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paul J. Leonard Hinder, better known by his pseudonym of Paul Leonard and also originally published as PJL Hinder, is an author best known for his work on various spin-off fiction based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who.

Leonard has acknowledged a debt to his friend and fellow Doctor Who author Jim Mortimore in his writing career, having turned to Mortimore fo
More about Paul Leonard...
Doctor Who: Genocide Doctor Who: The Turing Test Venusian Lullaby Doctor Who: Revolution Man Doctor Who: Dreamstone Moon