Start by marking “A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #9) (Granger Family Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:

A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #9) (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3 #9)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Lexie Evans is not looking for a relationship with Pierce Granger. And that’s just fine by the handsome soldier. Neither one has time for romance, but they can both commit to friendship, right? Then, after months as pen pals, Pierce visits Lexie’s family ranch in Wyoming.
Face-to-face with her friend, Lexie realizes her feelings toward him have changed. She’s finally ready
Mass Market, Love Inspired, #483, 224 pages
Published March 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan

Anna Marie
Sacchrine 'Love Inspired' story that just held NO surprises. The only reason I picked it up was because I *LOVE* correspondence literature, and this is a letter-writing book.

Lexie is THE most boring character ever written into a novel. She's a grad student who loves horses and skis, sure, but it's completely incongruous to her personality. She's a drag - a 'bookworm' except that she has no passion for it... or horses, or skiing, or anything else. The way Lexie acts toward Pierce from moment one
Rachel
Not bad overall, but kind of predictable. I kind of like books like this to have a little more drama or something to really pull you in. The characters also jumped back and forth between actually admitting to themselves that they liked each other and then telling themselves that it could never work. Overall, not bad, but not a favorite either. Give me a story with a little more unpredictability and drama. :)
Kate
Good gravy!
I really enjoy reading Jillian Hart novels . . . she has such a gentle, peaceful way of writing. But with this one, she left me hanging almost until the very end. Seriously, when you want to drop-kick the hero because he's being a doofus well into the last chapter . . .
Thankfully for Pierce, he does get it right in the end.
Jan Mcleod
The stories in the McKaslin series are cute and entertaining, but all of them have the same basic theme: one person of a would-be relationship doesn't want a relationship with the opposite sex for fear he/she will be hurt again. Of course, that is not the final word in the relationship!
Holly
I love books with military heroes/heroines, so this was an easy choice to pick up. I really like Harlequin's new line of books that don't have all the sex, just the romance. This was a good book with a great start and two great main characters. I started out thinking I would give it 4 stars, but toward the end the whole "angst" thing between the two was starting to get old, as the author had started it quite near the beginning. And then the end I felt she just sort of threw on because she was ti ...more
Samantha Amick
Sweet story

I couldn't put this book down. It was a sweet story. This was my first book from this series. I plan to read other books from this series.
Kame
Pierce and Lexie have both decided they do not want to love anyone again - because you just get hurt.

They decide they can be friends, and e-mail each other during Pierce's military deployment. Both recognize they have feelings that are more than friendship, but are determined not to let them grow or share these with the other. The happy ending came very abruptly and maybe a little far fetched for me. But I loved their time together at the college, and Pierces time with his family to swing me to
Barbara
I loved this story, and enjoyed the viewpoints and lifestyle of a soldier that were woven into the plot. The characters of Lexie and Pierce were presented in such a clear way that I truly felt like I knew them, and it kept me very interested in what was going to happen. It did seem like the ending went a little too quickly from one extreme of feelings to the opposite extreme, and that made it slightly less believable. A little more time might have made it seem more plausible. For that reason onl ...more
Jeanie Harper
A great love story.
Susan
A Christian Romance. Lexie is looking, but not very hard, for Mr Right. She isn't haveing much luck in finding someone to meet her criteria. Peirce isn't looking at all because he is an Army Ranger and feels this is where he is needed to help protect his country. Trite but has some good redeeming humor.
Veronica
The plot and character development was great. Jillian Hart is a great author who keeps you reading but I wish she didn't wrap up the ending in this one quite so quickly, I think it took away from the strength of the storyline.
Pat Oringer
Love, love, love the McKaslins so it can only get even better when you throw in a soldier theme, mixed with modern day romance via the internet and a hero who lives life to the fullest!
Lauri
Good. It was about a character who appeared in A Soldier for Christmas, but it would have been nice if she had spoken to the characters from the first book at least once.
Hollie Robb
It was the same argument going over and over. It made the book boring for me to read. The story behind the argument was good.
Karen
This is a very good book, when you get to the end, you want more. I read this book in one day, so it is very short.
terrance
A good read. I expected more, but it was cute. Probably not something I'd reread.
Ariel
Mar 18, 2009 Ariel added it
this book is really awe some it is probaly the best book i've read yet
Julie
what can I say cute Christian book about trying not to fall in love.
SheLove2Read
Great! I loved this book. A quick read too.
Carole
Oct 04, 2012 Carole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Loved it.
Brenda Hughes
Brenda Hughes marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Charline Bonham
Charline Bonham marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
  • Texas Ranger Dad (Mule Hollow, #10)
  • A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2)
  • A Cowboy's Heart (The Cowboy Series #2)
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • The Lawman's Christmas Wish (Alaskan Bride Rush, #6)
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3)
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • Mirror Image Bride (Texas Twins, #2)
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

The McKaslin Clan: Series 3 (9 books)
  • A Soldier for Christmas (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #1)
  • Precious Blessings (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #2)
  • Every Kind of Heaven (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #3)
  • Everyday Blessings (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #4)
  • A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)
  • Her Wedding Wish (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #6)
  • Her Perfect Man (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, Book #7)
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2) A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5) No One But You Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)