Start by marking “Take What You Want” as Want to Read:
Take What You Want

Take What You Want

Sophie was only a teenager, but she already had the emotions of an adult woman—at any rate where her stepbrother Robert was concerned.

She had always adored Robert, and her feelings had never lessened with the years. But her whole family—including Robert himself—disapproved, and did everything they could to discourage her affection for him.

It was only the fact that she felt
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #126
Published January 1976 by Harlequin (first published October 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Take What You Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take What You Want

Naksed
Well, THAT was a complete waste of time :(

(view spoiler)
Natasha
Dec 11, 2015 Natasha rated it it was ok
This book went by in a blur...in the worst way possible.
It honestly felt like reading a fanfiction i.e. lots of dialogue, jumps to 'important' events in the story with no links, cornflakes...lots of cornflakes and absolutely NO character development. As much as I hated the fact that this novel was short because there was no development of anything, not even the main relationship, I was ultimately relieved because I was rushing to finish it in the last 50 pages just to get it over and done with.
Sapheron
I have to say the emotional aspects of this novel were at moments a little too much (both leads are literally dying of love), but Anne does call herself out on this near the end where the emaciated Sophie thinks she'd be labeled as 'dying of love' had she lived in earlier times. It captured a sort of angst you'd expect from a girl of seventeen, but sometimes Robert didn't ring true to me, though other times I found him just the right kind of intense. I love the age difference (12 years), I've al ...more
Booked
Jan 07, 2011 Booked rated it it was amazing
This one was a surprise. She actually has a good head on her shoulders. She is a contradiction between reason and naivety. She loves him but she is not one to put up with his indecisiveness. She is a great character to read.
Missy
Aug 29, 2016 Missy rated it really liked it
Wow!

A young Sophie falls in love with an older man Robert, who just happens to be her stepbrother.

From the first time they met there has always been a connection between them and as the years pass it becomes stronger. Realizing that it is love Sophie dreams of a life together. Whereas Rob confesses to their parents and then said parents do everything to keep them apart.

You think the parents would want their children to be truely happy?......WRONG! The stepmother who confesses to love Sophie li
Julz
Roub
Apr 01, 2014 Roub rated it really liked it
absolutely awesome! der was no sex scene but the tension was palpable. they were both distraught n helplessly in love. every1 thought it was a one-sided crush from sophie but it was so obvious dat robert had the hots 4 her. the parents knew it! i hated laura's attitude. she did prove after all dat blood is thicker than water no matter what. she did not hesitate 2 condemn sophie n wanting 2 get rid of her. what right did she have!? sophie had more right 2 the house than her sons. i loved it!it wa ...more
Tia
May 20, 2011 Tia rated it liked it
I read this back in May 2011 and I can't quite say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the "stepbrother" books so much but this one ended so abruptly for me, I was like umm that sucks!

Sophi has loved Robert, her stepbrother since she was a little girl, as she's grown her love has changed and now that she's seventeen and back from boarding school, she's ready to show him. Only Sophie finds out that Robert is now engaged to a lying harpy named Emma. The only reason Robert is engaged to Emma, is the f
Lena Papanikolaou
Jul 02, 2015 Lena Papanikolaou rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Τελικά υπάρχουν κάποια ΝΟΡΑ που είναι άψογα!Φυσικά παίζει ρόλο και η μετάφραση Τασσώ Καββαδία από τις καλύτερες.
Tatiana Stefan
A bit hardcore! between 3 1/2 and 4 stars, July 6, 2008

MY THOUGHTS: As my title said, pretty hardcore!! Before this, I read "Living with Adam" which is also a stepbrother/stepsister kinda thing. Well, "Take What You Want" is definitely deeper and filled with more passion and intensity and drama! The story is Sophie has been in love with Robert for a long time and even more so when they had their unexpected kiss when she was 16. But of course, that whole thing was a big no-no so she got sent away
Katie
Both brothers liking her was just a little too much and I didn't really feel like there was a HEA because there was no epilogue. How do we know they actually get married and stay together since their romance has been so turbulent throughout the book...
Hiba Darwish
Mar 25, 2016 Hiba Darwish added it
Shelves: own
I have to admit.. I like old books with their yellow old pages and the small fonts.. This was my mother's book and it's kind of cool to read the same book your mother read when she was your age.. This book is good and simple to read and short.
Mgarbis
May 31, 2014 Mgarbis rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was 18 and loved it. Reread it 30 years later and still love it. One of my all time favorites
Karishma
Karishma rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Miki
Miki rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2010
Lede
Lede rated it did not like it
Sep 26, 2014
Esther
Esther rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2011
Dania
Dania rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Patricia Guy
Patricia Guy rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Teshia
Teshia rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2013
Halah
Jul 25, 2011 Halah rated it did not like it
i can't believe they publish this book
Joanne mccrae
Joanne mccrae rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2016
Shinta
Shinta rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Noha
Noha rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Mona
Mona rated it liked it
May 03, 2014
Vicki Antypa
Vicki Antypa rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Ione Layne
Ione Layne rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
TravelingGal
TravelingGal rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dark Summer Dawn
  • A Man to be Feared
  • Dearest Traitor
  • Knight's Possession
  • Fiesta San Antonio (Cord & Stacy #2)
  • Saved from Sin
  • Stepbrother Inked
  • Temptation
  • In Name Only
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795)
  • By Love Bewitched
  • Devil In Disguise
  • One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana (Sex & Mayhem, #6)
  • The Guarded Heart
  • Northbound (The North Novels, #1)
Mildred Grieveson was born on October 10, 1946 in England. She had writtenall through her infant and junior years and on into her teens, the storieschanging from children's adventures to torrid gypsy passions. Her motherused to gather these up from time to time, when her bedroom became toountidy, and dispose of them!

Mildred has always wanted to write - which is not to say she has alwayswanted to b
More about Anne Mather...