Start by marking “Refined in the Furnace of Affliction” as Want to Read:
Refined in the Furnace of Affliction

Refined in the Furnace of Affliction

it was ok 2.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews

John McCulloch's oldest son received a head injury at birth, resulting in blindness. A second injury at age 28, resulted in his being confined to a nursing home for life. This book is about how these afflictions and others led one family to a positive result.
Published December 26th 2008 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Refined in the Furnace of Affliction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Refined in the Furnace of Affliction

May 01, 2009 Valorie rated it did not like it
Refined in the Furnace of Affliction is a personal memoir, written by John McCulloch. According to the product information, the book is about one family’s struggle to overcome personal obstacles after one of the children born suffers an accident and is rendered blind. Through faith and through devotion to God, the McCulloch family finds peace in this and in their lives as a whole.

Let me say first off that I am not religious. However, I feel that there is wisdom in everything, especially in exper
Apr 28, 2009 Simmonsmry rated it liked it
“My purpose in writing this book is to encourage readers who are experiencing trouble to put their faith in the Lord, and trust Him to see them through the trial. This is true no matter how devastating, how heartbreaking, how seemingly unfair the affliction.”
With these words, author John McCulloch opens his biographical book ‘Refined in the Furnace of Affliction,’ which chronicles his family’s troubling times dealing with two separate injuries which first left his oldest son, Johnny, blind and t
Apr 25, 2009 Darlene rated it liked it
Shelves: recommended
Refiner’s Fire

Refined in the Furnace of Affliction is the story John McCulloch’s son, John, who suffers an injury at birth that results in blindness and another later on in life that confines John to a nursing home for the rest of his life.

“Father” John takes through the trials that he and his family (he and his wife were to have three other children) lived through and overcame, and shows us that it is possible to find the positives in every situation.

I’m sure you will enjoy this candidate look
John Mcculloch
John Mcculloch rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2009