A Honeybun and Coffee (Honeybun Hunks, #1)

A Honeybun and Coffee (Honeybun Hunks #1)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Surprised into hiding in a men's room stall at work, Angie Peterson, owner of the Dunk and Run Coffee Shoppe, overhears two men talking about killing someone named Alastair Honeybun. Picturing a frail, helpless old Englishman, Angie rushes to warn him. There's only one, small problem, Alastair Honeybun is six foot two inches of yummy man, who's perfectly capable of taking...more
Published December 18th 2008 by Red Rose Publishing (first published 2008)

Cindy
Great contemporary read with an action plot. To sum it up in a phrase: No good deed goes unpunished...

Angie Peterson takes a break from the counter of her coffee shop and has to use the men's room due to plumbing problems. The person she asks to 'guard the door' gets busy and two men enter. Embarrassed, she hides her presence - only to overhear them planning to kill someone with the unlikely name of Alistair Honeybun.

Once they leave, she rushes to call the only listing in the phone book and find...more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
What a great story.... Fast paced and witty. I loved the characters and their witty charm. The Honeybun men leave you wanting more of them! And their names!.... You know an author has great humor when she names her characters some really strange names! Honeybun as their last name is bad enough all in it's self. Then names the hot handsome men.... Alastair,Percy,Clovis,Warwicke,Heathcliffe,Edric,and Alfric. Poor guys!!! But they all work together as a great team when thier brothers life is in da...more
Lizzie T. Leaf
A delightful, fun read. Sam Cheever did it again!
Tammie King
Mar 01, 2009 Tammie King rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YES
Recommended to Tammie by: Rita of Night Owl Romance
Rita of Night Owl Romance
(4.75 / 5 Hearts - Reviewer Top Pick)

Alastair Honeybun unknowingly witnesses a kidnapping. So, when a woman calls and tells him he’s in danger he hangs up. Then Angie Peterson shows up minutes later at his house and explains she overheard two men in her coffee shop say they were on their way to kill him. He’s still unbelieving, but he agrees to call the police just incase. But before he can do that the men show up at his house and it’s too late. He grabs his dachshund...more
Lynn
Angie Peterson runs a coffee shop with faulty plumbing. After the morning rush she tells her college student assistant manager to watch the door and call the plumber as she goes into the men's room. Unfortunately for her, two men enter as she is in the stall and talk about having to go kill this guy called Alastair Honeybun.

So Angie, the good citizen, calls the gentleman and says he is in danger. But as most people would, he thought it was a crank call and hung up. More determinedly than most pe...more
LynnMarie
Hunter’s Review

I LOVED everything about this book. From moment one, I was caught up in the happiness of the adventure and the romance that Sam Cheever has created here. Here’s the thing—these are really, really nice people, and I can’t remember the last time I got to read a book where I liked every character in it enough to want to hang out with them in real life.

Alastair Honeybun is an incredible here—smart, determined, and savy enough to know his best resources are his six brothers. He also...more
Christine
While working in her coffee shop one day, Angie overhears two men talking about killing Alastair Honeybun. She goes to warn him and they both are on the run from the killers. They get help from his family as they try to figure out why this is happening. What a last name- Honeybun. don't even get me started on his brothers first names! A fun, light, quick read story. I look forward to the rest of the series and the other Honeybuns!
Damynx
I always new I loved sweets And after reading the first Honeybun book ,I am now totally addicted !
These book are PA ked with alpha males honeybun brothers and cousins waiting in the wings for their turn in the spotlight!
And trust me if you have ever sank your teeth in to a good old fashion Honeybun , You too will be just as addicted as I am now .
Connie Taylor
This book is a great romantic whodunit. There is so much to like: fast cars, motorcycles, more twists and turns than a road race. The story takes place in and around Indianapolis, IN. The book had me laughing in places and the plot is action packed.
Sam Cheever
Oct 25, 2010 Sam Cheever added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-sam
Suspenseful, with fun dialogue, hilarious bad guys, interesting situations, a hero to make you drool, and a heroine you can identify with...this is one great read!

Lari
Lots of action and believable dialogue. Great book!
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*free on ARE
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Nia
Nia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Kerri Kamper
Kerri Kamper marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Flo
Flo is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2014
Kori B. Slater
Kori B. Slater marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Callie T.
Callie T. marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Stargazer
Stargazer marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Hollow May
Hollow May marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Coribooks
Coribooks marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Myisha
Myisha marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
1812031
USA Today Bestselling Author Sam Cheever writes romantic paranormal/fantasy and mystery/suspense, creating stories that celebrate the joy of love in all its forms. Known for writing great characters, snappy dialogue, and unique and exhilarating stories, Sam is the award-winning author of 50+ books and has been writing for over a decade under several noms de plume.

Website: www.samcheever.com
Faceboo...more
More about Sam Cheever...
Nocked for a Loop (Naughty Nooners) 'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1) 'Tween Hopeful and Hopeless (Dancin' With the Devil, #4.5) Life, Liberty and Pursuit of a Honeybun (Honeybun Hunks, #2) The Shadow of a Honeybun (Honeybun Cousins, #1)