Start by marking “A Honeybun and Coffee (Honeybun Hunks, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Honeybun and Coffee (Honeybun Hunks, #1)

A Honeybun and Coffee (Honeybun Heat #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Surprised into hiding in a men's room stall at work, Angie Peterson, owner of the Dunk and Run Coffee Shoppe, overhears two men talking about killing someone named Alastair Honeybun. Picturing a frail, helpless old Englishman, Angie rushes to warn him. There's only one, small problem, Alastair Honeybun is six foot two inches of yummy man, who's perfectly capable of taking ...more
Published December 18th 2008 by Red Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Honeybun and Coffee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Honeybun and Coffee

Cindy
Great contemporary read with an action plot. To sum it up in a phrase: No good deed goes unpunished...

Angie Peterson takes a break from the counter of her coffee shop and has to use the men's room due to plumbing problems. The person she asks to 'guard the door' gets busy and two men enter. Embarrassed, she hides her presence - only to overhear them planning to kill someone with the unlikely name of Alistair Honeybun.

Once they leave, she rushes to call the only listing in the phone book and find
Jo-Anne
I loved this story about Angie overhearing two men talking about killing someone. She felt she needed to tell the man that his life was in danger so calls him. When Alastair got the call, he thought it was a prank so hung up. Angie didn't stop there and went to his house to explain she had heard men saying they were going to kill him. Turns out Alastair didn't know he had witnessed a kidnapping which is why they were after him. Tension rises when Alastair is just about to phone the police and th ...more
Lizzie T. Leaf
A delightful, fun read. Sam Cheever did it again!
Melody
yummy read!! Now I must read all of the honeybuns!!
Margie
A Honeybun and Coffee was free on Amazon so I thought I'd give it a try. It started off well. I was in the mood for something lighthearted, and after reading a few pages, I thought this was just the thing. It started off with a couple of cute lines. I immediately liked the characters. I was intrigued.

By the 20% mark, the book began to drag. There wasn't enough depth to keep the story going. Instead, the author led us through one chase scene after another, with little differentiation between them
Tamar
I liked the start but then all the POVs and add-ins made for an overwhelming plot line that went here, there, everywhere. Lots could've been cut out. Found several editing errors as well, along with a lot of repetition. Was hoping things would be fixed as the story went on, but the pacing dragged. Could've been a great read had it gone through some further developmental editing.
Kathy Bryson
A fun story on the surface, this is also the 1st story of 8 brothers who bring new meaning to wild and crazy. Alistair might be a stockbroker, but he's anything but staid when a complete stranger overhears a death threat against him. Despite a cold, he scoops girl and puppy onto his motorcycle and happily dodges bad guys with the help of his brothers for a quick and entertaining read!
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
What a great story.... Fast paced and witty. I loved the characters and their witty charm. The Honeybun men leave you wanting more of them! And their names!.... You know an author has great humor when she names her characters some really strange names! Honeybun as their last name is bad enough all in it's self. Then names the hot handsome men.... Alastair,Percy,Clovis,Warwicke,Heathcliffe,Edric,and Alfric. Poor guys!!! But they all work together as a great team when thier brothers life is in da ...more
Ted Tayler
"Something easy to pass some time"

This is the first Sam Cheever book I've read. I noted towards the end of this one that there are 50 titles out there somewhere. If you want a quick read; something that doesn't tax your brain too much, then you've got plenty to pick from if they're all like this one.
Why on earth there needed to be EIGHT brothers, all with a different set of 'essential' skills, to assist the primary and secondary female characters in this book beats me. Perhaps it's the 'old ches
Sam Cheever
Oct 25, 2010 Sam Cheever added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-sam
Suspenseful, with fun dialogue, hilarious bad guys, interesting situations, a hero to make you drool, and a heroine you can identify with...this is one great read!

Cat
It took me a little while to get used to the style of the book. Every chapter jumps to another person in another situation. Angie is a good character. She's sweet and loveable although I'm confused by her phobias. That's not explained. Alastair is also great and his story gets a little more explanation. Together they have quite the adventure and as a result we get to meet the other, just as weirdly named, Honeybun family members. It's all quite unbelievable but it's a fun read and I'm up for mor ...more
Night Owl  Reviews
Mar 01, 2009 Night Owl Reviews rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YES
Recommended to Night Owl by: Rita of Night Owl Romance
Rita of Night Owl Romance
(4.75 / 5 Hearts - Reviewer Top Pick)

Alastair Honeybun unknowingly witnesses a kidnapping. So, when a woman calls and tells him he’s in danger he hangs up. Then Angie Peterson shows up minutes later at his house and explains she overheard two men in her coffee shop say they were on their way to kill him. He’s still unbelieving, but he agrees to call the police just incase. But before he can do that the men show up at his house and it’s too late. He grabs his dachshund
Lynn
Angie Peterson runs a coffee shop with faulty plumbing. After the morning rush she tells her college student assistant manager to watch the door and call the plumber as she goes into the men's room. Unfortunately for her, two men enter as she is in the stall and talk about having to go kill this guy called Alastair Honeybun.

So Angie, the good citizen, calls the gentleman and says he is in danger. But as most people would, he thought it was a crank call and hung up. More determinedly than most pe
LynnMarie
Hunter’s Review

I LOVED everything about this book. From moment one, I was caught up in the happiness of the adventure and the romance that Sam Cheever has created here. Here’s the thing—these are really, really nice people, and I can’t remember the last time I got to read a book where I liked every character in it enough to want to hang out with them in real life.

Alastair Honeybun is an incredible here—smart, determined, and savy enough to know his best resources are his six brothers. He also
Deb Diem
A Honeybun and Coffee by Sam Cheever was a great read. I enjoyed the characters and humor in the book. This is a well written story with plenty of drama and action with bits of steam stirred in. This was my first Sam Cheever book but won't be my last. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Sue
I loved this book! I laughed out loud, cried out loud, and gasped out loud!! I loved the improbably delightful family with eight sons and the romance that made the air steamy. Though it was almost a slapstick series of events, it was still very enjoyable. I need to read the next one in this series!
Bjaynes1220
Really enjoyed the "honeybun" group! Can't imagine having a last name as honeybun.....but it works! The book mainly is a suspense, but the sparks between the two characters are good. It's a nice easy read, and can't wait to read about the other "honeybun" brothers.....there are a lot of them!
Karen Smith
Cute

The story is a bit over the top, but in a fun way. There's a thread of humor running through and a bit of romance to add some steam. The men's names are awful, which is, of course, a reason why they're all big he-men types.
Brenda Pickens
Awesome book. Meet the Honeybun brothers. All have unique talents and very unique names. Who would believe the chain of events caused by a stopped up toilet? Meet Angie and Alastair thrown together when Angie overhears some hit men in the men's restroom talking about killing Alastair. She goes to warn him and gets trapped in this hilarious nightmare. Lots of laughs and mystery for everyone.
Jill Johns
Great fast paced story. An easy to read story that plays out like a movie full of movie and TV show clichés which the author points out, which makes it funnier to me. I would love to meet and be protected by this Honeybun family.
Hilary
I loved this book. The combination of humor , action, and romance made this a great read. I can't wait to read all the books with the Honeybun brothers. I love how they show up in each of he stories so you get to know each of them as the books go on. Each book is a stand alone which I love.
Christine Green
Cute book, nice summer beach read.
Pam Koenig
Honeybun Heaven

Fun read, just enough sex thrown in for good measure. Laugh out loud fun that makes a satisfying good love story. Can't wait to read about all 8 brothers
Kristin Dutt
How can you not love the Honeybun Heat Series. Full of laughs and of course the Honeybun Brothers. I love the play on names. Just a fun well rounded book full of great characters.

Just enough heat to spice it up and not be a full down right sex every page book. Works for me. I've read a few of these in the series and it's easy to read as stand alones or in order. You'll still catch on to everything <3

Highly recommend this fast paced read. I easily read this in one evening.
Nola Arganbright
A great suspenseful romance. There is a lot of action and loads of hot Honeybuns. The characters are well described. I enjoyed the storyline and found the book exciting to read.
Lynn H. Gwyn
Fun Book

Lots of action going on all the time. The Honeybun men are really great and looks like more fun books to follow!
Catherine
Fast paced and with a good plot. The adventure and romance that the two main characters, Angie Peterson and Alastair Honeybun, experience is exciting. The character dialog is humorous and fun to read. Sam Cheever has written another good book. I enjoyed reading this book.
Coribooks
Persevered with this book but just didn't capture me. I was so bored by this stage and couldn't carry on.
Christine
While working in her coffee shop one day, Angie overhears two men talking about killing Alastair Honeybun. She goes to warn him and they both are on the run from the killers. They get help from his family as they try to figure out why this is happening. What a last name- Honeybun. don't even get me started on his brothers first names! A fun, light, quick read story. I look forward to the rest of the series and the other Honeybuns!
  • The Detective's Lover
  • On Caristo's Watch (Italian Knights, #2)
  • Wayward Son (Texas Wildfire, #2)
  • Alfonzo
  • Romancing Trina Gabrini (Romancing the Mob Boss #4)
  • Loving a Bad Boy
  • Her Perfect Gift (50 Loving States #5)
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Safe
  • Wild, Wild Mess:Alanta
  • Illegal Affair - Volume I II & III (Sleeping With The Enemy)
  • Either Side of Midnight
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Hit Hard
  • Hush
  • Momentary Marriage
  • Urban Vampire The Turning
1812031
USA Today Bestselling Author Sam Cheever writes romantic paranormal/fantasy and mystery/suspense, creating stories that celebrate the joy of love in all its forms. Known for writing great characters, snappy dialogue, and unique and exhilarating stories, Sam is the award-winning author of 50+ books and has been writing for over a decade under several noms de plume.

Website: www.samcheever.com
Faceboo
More about Sam Cheever...

Honeybun Heat (6 books)
  • Life, Liberty and Pursuit of a Honeybun (Honeybun Heat)
  • Fast Track to a Honeybun
  • Honeybun in a Loin Cloth
  • Honeybun at a Dude Ranch
  • Honeybun on the Run
Nocked for a Loop (Naughty Nooners) 'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1) Honeybun Fever Box Set The Miss Fortune Series: Bayou Bubba (Kindle Worlds Novella) 'Tween Hopeful and Hopeless (Dancin' With the Devil, #4.5)

“the hell out of here. We’ll find a spot away” 0 likes