Start by marking “The Dandelion Clock” as Want to Read:
The Dandelion Clock
Preview

The Dandelion Clock

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  6 reviews
1986.If David hadn't missed his train and if Rob hadn't been in the kitchen when his mother was baking a birthday cake, they might never have met.Both found themselves sitting at the same table in the cafe on waterloo station and got talking. There was an instant rapport between them, despite their differences. David twenty eight with a good job and a house all to himself, ...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Bewrite Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dandelion Clock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dandelion Clock

PaperMoon
Whenever I need some light and calm gay-themed reading material to soothe the fevered brow, I go back to my tried and tested copy of Mandal's The Dandelion Clock; not a fast paced action read with lots of hawt M-on-M action romance. Rather more like a “visit with friends over a nice cup of tea at the kitchen table, looking out to a herbaceous border through a gingham-curtain framed window” type of read. A warmly engaging reading experience.

The story has two main arcs, part one where David meets
Benjamin
David, in his late twenties, first spots teenage Rob while waiting for his train at Waterloo station. They get talking and when David learns that Rob has just run away from home and is sleeping rough he offers him a bed for the night. After some doubts, only increased when in response to Rob's question David admits that he is gay, Rob accepts - but keeps his room locked at night.

As it turn out Rob stays for more than the night, the two get on well but Rob begins to realise that David is falling
Lauren Kolozak
A beautiful love story.
Suki Fleet
Very sweet and slow love story, kinda hurts too.

I can't put my finger on quite what it is about this book but I read it a long time ago and I still find myself thinking about aspects of it now.

My only reservation is in places I found the detailing of everyday life made it a little too slow.

Overall recommended.
Cayce
Apr 19, 2014 Cayce rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Antonella
3.5

I liked the dialogues, the humor, the lack of extensive sex scenes, the fact that it is set in England. It has a certain pleasant quietness. The POV switches were a bit annoying though: that's the half star missing.
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
SH
SH marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Kenya
Kenya marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Bruno Costa
Bruno Costa marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
mah1
mah1 marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Songsungblue
Songsungblue marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Remy
Remy marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Marika
Marika marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Lira
Lira marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Gigi
Gigi marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Stillman
Stillman marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Plainbrownwrapper
Plainbrownwrapper marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Sala Bim
Sala Bim marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Brin
Brin marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Cookie Moretti
Cookie Moretti marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
MightyMaeve
MightyMaeve marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Maggie Simms
Maggie Simms marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Loss of Innocence All about Sex Precipice A Different Kind of Love Slubberdegullion