Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)

Fat Free and Fatal (A Savannah Reid Mystery #12)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  529 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Beloved P.I. Savannah Reid rubs elbows with the rich, famous, and deadly in this delicious new installment in McKevett's acclaimed cozy mystery series.
Published May 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fat Free and Fatal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Free and Fatal

Chelsea
The characters have definitely grown on me, so I'm really enjoying the Savannah Reid Mysteries, in no particular order.
Stephanie
I like all of her books - easy to read, simple to get through, likable characters.
Nolan
I've always enjoyed this series. Savannah is easily among the most unpretentious book characters you'll ever meet anywhere. She's not the skinny rich girl who so often makes up the ranks of female private detectives. Instead, she's a plus-sized former cop who loves those around her and loves herself for who she is. She doesn't constantly diet, and she doesn't go about wistfully seeking the approval of those who wish she weighed less. The inspiration of her life is her beloved grandma, a woman wh...more
Nathalie S
I went to the Provo Library on Friday and was thrilled to find more books about one of my favorite private investigators--Savannah Reid, a Southern Belle transplant to Southern California. I love to read about strong women who have a sense of humor, love to eat and are comfortable with themselves. Again, I've been following this series by G.A. McKevett for years and it is just as enjoyable as the first one I read. Savannah is a forty-something former police officer who now has her own detective...more
Babs
This series is usually a fun and enjoyable read. This book did not disappoint. I love Savannah and her extended family - most of them helping her in her investigations as private investigator. Dirk, her friend (and possibly more? at least hinted at in this book), is the only one who is a "current" professional - a police homicide detective. (One of her extended family is a former FBI agent.)

Fairly light reads, in terms of being easy to read and not too graphic or grim, but still very engaging an...more
Marcia
This is another Savannah Reid mystery. The motive for the murders is connected to the serious story based on the problems with the effects of gastric by-pass surgery. The lighter problem involves the youngest of Savannah's siblings (Jesup) who has recently married a young man (Bleak) she just met. Savannah "cures" them of their obsession with the macabre by inviting them to attending an autopsy. Another serious topic is the emotional toll that killing someone can have on police officers/private...more
Kat
Jessica
This isn't my favorite series, but I still keep my eyes open for it at the library. I wonder at times if the author is trying to get more and more ridiculous with Savannah's family issues, and this book's token Reid visitation is no exception. On the positive side, there does seem to be more realism in the way the characters deal with major issues like gastric bypass, body image, loss of privacy, and how the taking of a life weighs on one's conscience. What is touching is how the major character...more
Krista
Another great read by GA McKevett

If you like mysteries that keep you guessing and have interesting characters...you have to read this book. All the Savannah Reid series books are great!
kathy
I have enjoyed all her books and have been reading them for a while. The characters are fun to keep up with. Always something different in each book so the plots are not boring or redundant.
Nancy H
This is another good entry in the Savannah Reid series. Savannah gets hired to protect an ill movie star after her assistant gets murdered in her driveway. Savannah discovers that there is much more going on than meets the eye as she delves into who has done what.
Connie
If you like chic lit mysteries then you will definitly like this one! This book is well written with a fun story line. The characters are hillarious! Can't wait to read more in this series.

FTC disclosure: I bought my copy of this book.
Dorothy Timm
Really enjoyed this book. Quirky, funny characters. The only thing that I didn't enjoy too much was that I thought the book went on a little after the "who-done-it" was solved. But since it was a sweet addition, it was OK. Recommend this author.
Kay
Aug 13, 2008 Kay rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
I love Savannah Reid -- all of her siblings are named after cities in Georgia and all are just slightly dysfunctional but loveable -- as is Savannah. This series is one of those you'll-love-the-characters-and-who-cares-who-dunit!
Camille De
I really enjoyed this book. I'm actually aiming to read more of the books that G.A. Mckevvet has wrote in the Savannah Reid mysteries. But really you must read this book if you love mysteries. It's like CSI in a book!
Christine
Hmm... this one had me. I usually figure things out but this was good. I so enjoy everyone in this story. Each of them have such a different personality that pairs so well with Savannah. Until the next murder.
Sylvia
Don't be thrown off by the funny looking cover. This is a seriously good murder mystery. Most of the Savannah Read mysteries are fun, chick lit, detective stories. Sort of reminiscent of Nancy Drew.
Patricia
I enjoyed the mystery. I enjoyed the characters. The only storyline I didn't like was her sister and new brother in law visiting. I could do with less family in her next book.
Cara
Savannah and the gang are hired to protect a well known actress from a killer who seems to be targeting her, but getting her employees instead. Good story with a surprise ending!
Dahlia
I had a hard time finishing this one, just scanned the last quarter of the book. It starts with an unreal situation and my interest never recovered from that.
Deborah
I love the Savannah Reid series, wonderful characters and fun mysteries.
This one wasn't as good as some of the others, but I still enjoyed it.
Linda
Easy to read, but a little predictable. Detective and supporting players not unlikable. Side story of sister and her new hubby was amusing.
Mich
Savannah Reid strikes again.. like the sister Jessup on this book.
they are NOT great literary finds but enjoyable FAST reads!
Elizabeth_agd
This was a really fun book - I think I'll read more in the "A Savannah Reid Mystery" collection.
Mtp
I think it was alright... I really do like this genre though... I also like this author.
Doris
Predictable. But something good to while away a rainy night.
Diane Davis
Savannah and Dirk... what a couple... love this silly series....
Coralie
I like the Savannah Reid Mysteries I have read them all.
Sandy
Love Savanna and the Gang
Erin Wharton
Good as always!!
  • Turn Up the Heat (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #3)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • A Catered Murder (A Mystery with Recipes, #1)
  • Dim Sum Dead (Madeline Bean, #4)
  • War and Peas (Jane Jeffry, #8)
  • Hare Today, Dead Tomorrow (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #4)
  • Eggs Benedict Arnold (Cackleberry Club, #2)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #4)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci...more
More about G.A. McKevett...
Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery #1) Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8) Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery #2) Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10) A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)