Start by marking “Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)” as Want to Read:
Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)

Fat Free and Fatal (A Savannah Reid Mystery #12)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  725 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Beloved P.I. Savannah Reid rubs elbows with the rich, famous, and deadly in this delicious new installment in McKevett's acclaimed cozy mystery series.
Published May 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fat Free and Fatal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Free and Fatal

Chelsea
May 09, 2009 Chelsea rated it really liked it
The characters have definitely grown on me, so I'm really enjoying the Savannah Reid Mysteries, in no particular order.
Nolan
Jun 24, 2013 Nolan rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed this series. Savannah is easily among the most unpretentious book characters you'll ever meet anywhere. She's not the skinny rich girl who so often makes up the ranks of female private detectives. Instead, she's a plus-sized former cop who loves those around her and loves herself for who she is. She doesn't constantly diet, and she doesn't go about wistfully seeking the approval of those who wish she weighed less. The inspiration of her life is her beloved grandma, a woman wh ...more
Nathalie S
Mar 04, 2012 Nathalie S rated it it was amazing
I went to the Provo Library on Friday and was thrilled to find more books about one of my favorite private investigators--Savannah Reid, a Southern Belle transplant to Southern California. I love to read about strong women who have a sense of humor, love to eat and are comfortable with themselves. Again, I've been following this series by G.A. McKevett for years and it is just as enjoyable as the first one I read. Savannah is a forty-something former police officer who now has her own detective ...more
Barbara
Jun 23, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy
This series is usually a fun and enjoyable read. This book did not disappoint. I love Savannah and her extended family - most of them helping her in her investigations as private investigator. Dirk, her friend (and possibly more? at least hinted at in this book), is the only one who is a "current" professional - a police homicide detective. (One of her extended family is a former FBI agent.)

Fairly light reads, in terms of being easy to read and not too graphic or grim, but still very engaging an
Jul 23, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
I somehow skipped over this book when it was "new"' but picked it up at the library--I honestly wish I was able to rate this book a "10" ********** it was THAT GOOD!!
Having been down in the dumps for 2 days before-hand; really needed the humor especially the ending! Whoo Hee
Kay
Aug 13, 2008 Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I love Savannah Reid -- all of her siblings are named after cities in Georgia and all are just slightly dysfunctional but loveable -- as is Savannah. This series is one of those you'll-love-the-characters-and-who-cares-who-dunit!
kathy
May 06, 2016 kathy rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed all her books and have been reading them for a while. The characters are fun to keep up with. Always something different in each book so the plots are not boring or redundant.
Stephanie
Jan 19, 2010 Stephanie rated it liked it
I like all of her books - easy to read, simple to get through, likable characters.
Vickie Backus
Feb 28, 2016 Vickie Backus rated it liked it
This is the second one I've read and I liked it so much better. The plot was tighter, the relationships between the characters was better explained and there was some reflection and personal growth. It is in the middle of the series and I'm tempted to see if I can start at book 1 and work my way through.
Marcia
May 27, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another Savannah Reid mystery. The motive for the murders is connected to the serious story based on the problems with the effects of gastric by-pass surgery. The lighter problem involves the youngest of Savannah's siblings (Jesup) who has recently married a young man (Bleak) she just met. Savannah "cures" them of their obsession with the macabre by inviting them to attending an autopsy. Another serious topic is the emotional toll that killing someone can have on police officers/private ...more
Pat
Jan 14, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, humor
Good mystery with Kate Jasper as heroine. Kate and friend go to vegetarian cooking class and get mixed up with murder and investigate it.
San Francisco.
Kate's live in boyfriend's mother got out of mental hospital and she is mean.
Funny/amusing.
Kat
Apr 29, 2011 Kat rated it it was amazing
Linda
Jul 17, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge
Good book with Savannah doing body guard duty of a Hollywood star. I did like that when it seemed the book was over it really wasn't.
Jessica
Aug 15, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok
This isn't my favorite series, but I still keep my eyes open for it at the library. I wonder at times if the author is trying to get more and more ridiculous with Savannah's family issues, and this book's token Reid visitation is no exception. On the positive side, there does seem to be more realism in the way the characters deal with major issues like gastric bypass, body image, loss of privacy, and how the taking of a life weighs on one's conscience. What is touching is how the major character ...more
Barbara Patten
Sep 05, 2015 Barbara Patten rated it really liked it
Another good book in the Savanah Reid series ! I just love the characters in this series. The stories are interesting and easy to follow. Reminds me of a Grown-up Nancy Drew. Started reading the series last summer. I have very little time to read due to work, and school full-time. So, summer is my time to put down the textbooks and read for enjoyment. Thank goodness for the author and for the Savannah Reid series. I hope there are more to come in the series!!
Leigh
Jul 18, 2016 Leigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Love!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron Judenberg
Feb 29, 2016 Ron Judenberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read
Elle
Jun 02, 2016 Elle rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
If you want a quick read that has more of a CSI meets a Hollywood reality tv show... it was decent. I liked the banter between the characters. Overall the book had a nice little whodunit theme going and had a great little twist at the end... a great beach read.
Nancy H
Aug 28, 2012 Nancy H rated it really liked it
This is another good entry in the Savannah Reid series. Savannah gets hired to protect an ill movie star after her assistant gets murdered in her driveway. Savannah discovers that there is much more going on than meets the eye as she delves into who has done what.
Connie
Jan 21, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it
If you like chic lit mysteries then you will definitly like this one! This book is well written with a fun story line. The characters are hillarious! Can't wait to read more in this series.

FTC disclosure: I bought my copy of this book.
Dorothy Timm
Jun 23, 2013 Dorothy Timm rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Quirky, funny characters. The only thing that I didn't enjoy too much was that I thought the book went on a little after the "who-done-it" was solved. But since it was a sweet addition, it was OK. Recommend this author.
Camille De
Jul 12, 2010 Camille De rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I'm actually aiming to read more of the books that G.A. Mckevvet has wrote in the Savannah Reid mysteries. But really you must read this book if you love mysteries. It's like CSI in a book!
Christine
Sep 26, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
Hmm... this one had me. I usually figure things out but this was good. I so enjoy everyone in this story. Each of them have such a different personality that pairs so well with Savannah. Until the next murder.
Sylvia
Sep 20, 2013 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Don't be thrown off by the funny looking cover. This is a seriously good murder mystery. Most of the Savannah Read mysteries are fun, chick lit, detective stories. Sort of reminiscent of Nancy Drew.
Patricia
Jul 12, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the mystery. I enjoyed the characters. The only storyline I didn't like was her sister and new brother in law visiting. I could do with less family in her next book.
Cara
Jul 12, 2008 Cara rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2008
Savannah and the gang are hired to protect a well known actress from a killer who seems to be targeting her, but getting her employees instead. Good story with a surprise ending!
Dahlia
Jan 20, 2009 Dahlia rated it did not like it
I had a hard time finishing this one, just scanned the last quarter of the book. It starts with an unreal situation and my interest never recovered from that.
Deborah
Mar 10, 2009 Deborah rated it liked it
I love the Savannah Reid series, wonderful characters and fun mysteries.
This one wasn't as good as some of the others, but I still enjoyed it.
Linda
Jan 26, 2013 Linda rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cozy
Easy to read, but a little predictable. Detective and supporting players not unlikable. Side story of sister and her new hubby was amusing.
Mich
Apr 27, 2009 Mich rated it liked it
Savannah Reid strikes again.. like the sister Jessup on this book.
they are NOT great literary finds but enjoyable FAST reads!
  • Cook the Books (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #5)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast, #4)
  • The Crepes of Wrath (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #9)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2)
  • Deadly Valentine (Death on Demand, #6)
  • War and Peas (Jane Jeffry, #8)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Can Rain on Your Shower (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #10)
  • A Catered Birthday Party (A Mystery with Recipes, #6)
  • The Cornbread Killer (Heaven Lee, #5)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder à la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)