Start by marking “Virgin River Books 1-4 (Virgin River, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Virgin River Books 1-4 (Virgin River, #1-4)

Virgin River Books 1-4 (Virgin River #1-4)

The tightly knit community of Virgin River has been a safe haven for more than a few lost souls over the years--and there's always room for more-

A recently widowed nurse thinks she's made a mistake coming to Virgin River--until an abandoned baby and former marine make her feel right at home. A marine who has seen his share of pain helps a woman in need, and discovers emo

Published February 1st 2009 by Mira (first published January 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Virgin River Books 1-4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin River Books 1-4

Shirley Frances
Jul 29, 2011 Shirley Frances rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I bought this bundle because I had bought Temptation Ridge not knowing it was part of a series. It is not necessary to read them in order, but I'm obsessive like that! I am glad I did. The town of Virgin River and its people feel like a real family. Like I was watching a series on TV with better plots, characters and much more of real life struggles. I truly enjoyed each book and plan in continuing with the series.
Rhonda
Dec 16, 2011 Rhonda rated it really liked it
I liked them. There are some love scenes in each book. They had me feeling emotional especially 3&4 I needed kleenex a lot. Could also be because I am a widow at 27. I think these make it 7 books of the series that I have read so far. Love to see all the characters involved in the books. the community of Virgin River. Lots of Marines pulling together.
ValerieC
Dec 22, 2010 ValerieC rated it really liked it
12/20/2010: I have already read Book 1, but bought this bundle for the next 3 books. I really enjoyed all of the characters in the little town of Virgin River that I think I will continue the series.
Michelle Tempted By Books
Jan 18, 2016 Michelle Tempted By Books rated it really liked it
An enjoyable series.
Rachel
If possible I'd rate this 41/2 but.....

I loved the first three books. The stories were different, interesting,
yet tied together. The guys had all served in the Marines together, and remained friends. Jack had married Mel, who'd answered an advertisement and had intended to leave when it didn't quite meet her expectations...Preacher owned the bar & grill with Jack. Turned out that although he was big, he was gentle....and shy. He helped an abused woman, Paige and her son out...and ended up ma
Vickie
Sep 06, 2010 Vickie rated it really liked it
These books come under the category of mindless romance. You can enjoy the story of the heroine who is a nurse who has lost her husband and who moves to a very rural town to escape her sorrows. There she finds a new love in the form of a retired marine who owns the local bar. Good reads when you want predictable but fun reading. Not recommended for teens. Some spicy sex scenes.
Andrea Chambliss
Jan 08, 2012 Andrea Chambliss rated it really liked it
This is such a great series about a out of the way country town settled by some wonderful single ex-marines. Each new visitor has an inspiring story to tell. Sexy Sub-plot with great love scenes.
Krissie
Jul 11, 2012 Krissie rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The setting of the books is a place I would like to live. The characters and their problems pull you into their world. Having read 16 books in this series, I am looking forward to #17 in the fall of 2012.
Mar 29, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
I really enjoyed the first 3 books, the 4th not as much. The 4th introduced a couple of new characters and I just didn't get into their story like I did the characters in the first 3 books. A really enjoyable series so far.
Karen A. Martin
Jun 01, 2016 Karen A. Martin rated it it was amazing
Gotta love this series!

So well written and researched. Will be reading all that are written. Try and you will enjoy each one for the difference as well as the unexpected!

Kitty
Dec 07, 2014 Kitty rated it really liked it
Shelves: guy-meets-girl
Really great characters - I enjoyed all four books, although "A Virgin River Christmas" was a bit different. The others sort of fit together, but that one was more like a stand-alone.
Mary Borror
Jul 27, 2013 Mary Borror rated it it was amazing
Couldn't wait to read #3 and 4 , so got the set from the library even though I had previously read 1 and 2. Love the series so far . On the waiting list for #5 .
Dyanne
Jan 30, 2011 Dyanne rated it liked it
The first two books were decent, but the third and fourth were predictable and somewhat stale. Nevertheless, the series is a light, quick read for lovers of romance.
Jenni Anderson
Sep 01, 2012 Jenni Anderson rated it it was amazing
I actually have all these books I highly recommend them and this author...when done reading these books you feel like you are a member of the virgin river community
Elhagen
Jan 11, 2013 Elhagen rated it really liked it
Easy reading. Rather predictable but I cared enough about the characters to read them one after the other. Stories about Marines and their lives after Iraq war.
Christina Atkinson
Jul 21, 2012 Christina Atkinson rated it it was amazing
I live the storyline. The military family attitudes and the stories that deal with real problems. Easy read for those days when you want to sit in front of the fire with a good book.
Dee
Jun 06, 2016 Dee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Such a great beginning to a series. I like how all the author twines the books together. I had trouble putting this book down and getting anything else done.
Pam
Jun 27, 2010 Pam rated it really liked it
I enjoy this series of books... I like when characters continue on, add new characters, but have background of old characters! Easy fun read!
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Belinda
Belinda rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Coleen Cloyd
Coleen Cloyd rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2014
Jeananna
Jeananna rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Ruth  Wilson
Ruth Wilson rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Debbie Moan
Debbie Moan rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Danita Noel
Danita Noel rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2014
J.O.Y.
J.O.Y. rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
  • Hawk's Way Grooms (Hawk's Way #10&12)
  • SEALed Forever (SEALed, #4)
  • Mackenzies Bundle: Mackenzie's Mountain / Mackenzie's Mission / Mackenzie's Pleasure / A Game of Chance
  • The Days of Summer
  • Adopted: Outback Baby
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • Second Chances
  • The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger
  • Nothing Else Matters
  • Kisses to Remember
  • Jennifer Crusie Bundle: Welcome to Temptation/ Fast Women/ Faking It
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Hot Flash
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad, #1)
  • The Mercenary's Bride
A RITA award-winning author of 25 novels, Robyn Carr has found a whole new following with her stories about the independent women and former marines of Virgin River."

RT's Career Achievement Best Author Award winner (2010) for Contemporary Romance.

RWA's Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award recipient 2016
More about Robyn Carr...

Virgin River (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
  • Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)

“His smile was constant, which was a signal—you only smile when something makes you smile. If you smile all the time, you’re hiding something.” 0 likes
“Demand, belittle, insult, accuse, sulk, punish with the meanest words. It was just a matter of degrees; abuse is abuse.” 0 likes