Start by marking “Hunter's Moon (Avalon High: Coronation, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hunter's Moon (Avalon High: Coronation, #3)

Hunter's Moon (Avalon High: Coronation #3)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  901 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
The exciting conclusion to Meg Cabot's magical Arthurian manga!

Published September 1st 2009 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Hunter's Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter's Moon

Oct 21, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009
I loved Avalon High, but the continuing manga series has been nothing but a diappointment. There's no plot or character development at all. The one good thing I can say is that at least the illustrator (Jinky Coronado) is getting her work out there, as these books only really exist to showcase her talent.
Nicola Mansfield
Dec 02, 2009 Nicola Mansfield rated it liked it
And thus ends a trilogy. Full of romance and rushing to beat the clock, the story of whether Will accepts his fate as the reincarnation as King Arthur comes to a conclusion. The story concentrates on the countdown as to whether Will save the world form ruin or not and the plot against them by Will's brother and his girlfriend Morgan with the climax happening at a high school football game. {Yawn} Again, like the other books in this series, the King Arthur plot holds the story together but basica ...more
Skjam!
Mar 10, 2013 Skjam! rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Meg Cabot fans
This one really suffers from being the last third of a novel. The recap explains the basic plot, but the motivations of the characters (particularly the villains) felt pasted on. I never got the sense that Marco or Morgan were anything but puppets of prophecy, forced to be "evil" because they were assigned those roles.

Apparently in the earlier parts, Ellie is established as a "jock." This is not on display in this volume. Instead the qualities that allow her to win the day are prettiness, popula
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

It's finally arrived...the final part of the AVALON HIGH CORONATION trilogy. HUNTER'S MOON is volume three in this Manga series.

Ellie has to finally convince her boyfriend, Will, that he is indeed the reincarnation of the infamous King Arthur. The Homecoming Dance is just around the corner, and if Ellie can't get him to believe in himself by 10pm that night, all is lost, at least according to the Order of the Bear, the sworn protectors of the prophecy.

Morga
Soobie's heartbroken
And this is finished! Jeez, the only good thing about this series was that it was very short and it took very little time to read it.

Bad art; bad plot; unbelievable, stupid, vapid main character. The homecoming queen thing was so stupid and empty that it was almost ridiculous.

And how Will comes into believing that he's King Arthur... that doesn't make sense!

I actually wasted my money on this series. SIGH!
carissa
Recommended Ages: grades 8 and up

Ellie has only one day left to get her boyfriend Will to truly believe he's the reincarnation of King Arthur, or the world will plunge into eternal darkness. But Will refuses to believe her! Meanwhile, the upcoming Homecoming game and dance have everyone distracted, especially Ellie. Some people aren't too happy about her Homecoming Queen nomination and are determined to cause trouble. Ellie's got to save her reputation and the world before the new moon on the ni
Kim
Jan 22, 2010 Kim rated it liked it
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
So in this final instalment, Ellie has little time to convince her boyfriend Will that he is the reincarnation of King Arthur. Now that the clock is tickling, she needs all of her imagination to save the world....

It was a really awesome way to end the series. Of course, it could still go on and I wouldn't mind reading more of these. Because the story may have ended, but there's always an opening that brings the option to continue this aventure.

Reading the three manga on the same day was fun and
Aerin
Jul 25, 2016 Aerin rated it it was ok
Merlin and Arthur retelling are some of my favorite things, but this series was just blah. The emotion was unconvincing, and I felt nothing for the characters.
Lea
Aug 15, 2010 Lea rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 12 and up
In this, the third book in the Avalon High trilogy, Ellie is intent on reuniting her boyfriend Will with his family and convincing to accept his destiny as a reincarnated King Arthur.

She's also running for Homecoming Queen.

I loved the novel that this trilogy is based on (Avalon High), but these manga (what is plural for manga?) don't quite do it for me. Even three books can't capture the original, and the drawings reduce the characters to caricatures. The books don't seem to be very popular in m
Jamie
May 03, 2016 Jamie rated it liked it
I'd really wished that this would have continued in actual book or novella form, but it was nice to see the characters a little bit longer.
Yumi15kl
I finally got a hold of this. Been looking since it was released. Honestly Avalon High is one of my favorite stand alone novels Cabot wrote but...this series is a mess. It's cute but there is much here. It think this might have worked better as a second novel but I don't know. Cabot will always be my favorite author and nothing will change that and as much as it pains me to rate this so low, I didn't really like it.

Also, Cabot is a traded illustrator. Why didn't she do the art? Was she to busy?
Nicole Dunton
Jan 27, 2016 Nicole Dunton rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and fantastic ending to this little graphic novel collection. I seriously loved it! Fully recommend!
Louisa
Jun 12, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Such a great ending, loved it so much! Really glad that I own these!
Erin Reilly-Sanders
Aug 01, 2010 Erin Reilly-Sanders rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, teen
Well, it was better than I thought it would be. Being a King Arthur purist with very definite opinions on the characters I wasn't sure how I'd like a "modern" retelling but instead of moving the story into the present day, it frames it as being a reincarnation story. some of the girlieness got to me after a while though- I got to the point where I never wanted to hear how handsome Will (Arthur) was. Yes, we need to know that Ellie is really into him, but you really do get the idea after about 10 ...more
Raving Redcoat
Interesting. Fan of Cabot should enjoy it.
Tiffany
Dec 10, 2010 Tiffany rated it liked it
A fine conclusion even though it seemed a little built up to have the conclusion that he only needs to believe in himself and then the whole world won't be turned to darkness. Will only had till Friday at 10 p.m. to believe in himself. I am glad we don't have time constraints on believing in ourselves. Probably the majority of us this belief fluctuates from one activity to another or one hour to another.
Debbie
Book three in the Avalon High manga trilogy.

Ellie has a lot to worry about--will she be able to triumph over Morgan for the title of homecoming queen? And, more important, will Ellie's faith in Will be enough to convince him that he really is King Arthur, reborn, and that he can save the world?

Though I have always loved the King Arthur legend, this series didn't really grab me.
Amy Gideon
I wish that Meg Cabot had written a sequel to the book rather than attempt a manga adaptation. All the manga did was heap frustration on disappointment. I do not recommend this manga series, but I highly recommend the book.

For my full series review on volumes 1-3 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Wendy
Jun 07, 2015 Wendy rated it really liked it
I really liked this series, because it took my favorite stand-alone Meg Cabot book and built on the story. I felt like the story really didn't add too much to the original story, though. I haven't read many manga/graphic novels, so I don't know how much plot there is supposed to be in a typical story, but I felt like there wasn't enough story to last over the course of three books.
Sarah Williams
Jun 19, 2016 Sarah Williams rated it it was amazing
Great close to the series.
Arantxa
Feb 14, 2011 Arantxa rated it really liked it
The ending of the Avalon High: Coronation novels. I liked very much the whole series although I was a but disappointed with the ending because I expected more and I felt like the author didn't put so much effort to the ending although, overall, it was good
Cathrine Bonham
Jun 19, 2012 Cathrine Bonham rated it it was ok
The pay off was really weak. I think maybe if this had been a 300 page typed novel the Author might have had more story to play with. But in this graphic novel series the whole story is too rushed and the characters come off as well, two dimensional.
julia
the third in the set, story is a little weak, but drawings are really good. Graphic novel format was an interesting choice, but did help draw out a rather thin plot.
Jeanette
Apr 28, 2009 Jeanette marked it as to-read
love Avalon high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephanie
Nov 20, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Like the others, a quick read. Would've have preferred if the series had been turned into a novel with more detail but this was still a good book.
Danielle
May 01, 2010 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: meg-cabot
This was the final one. It was predictable, but a fast read and a good ending. The majority if the book is the homecoming game, then dance.
Willie
Doesn't have the charm of the novel but it is good for finishing out the story.
Jessica Nekuda
Jan 01, 2014 Jessica Nekuda rated it really liked it
Cheesy, yet entertaining. Not what I was expecting, but still cute.
Alexa
Jan 26, 2013 Alexa rated it it was amazing
Amazing conclusion to the Avalon High Manga series! Loved it!
  • Shining On
  • 神様はじめました 20 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 20]
  • Tiny Titans, Vol. 3: Sidekickin' It
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • Peach Girl: Change of Heart, Vol. 6 (Peach Girl, #14)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Magic Within 1
  • Accused (Ganzfield, #4)
  • Catnipped (Bad Kitty: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Shining On: 11 Star Authors' Illuminating Stories
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 5 (Me & My Brothers, #5)

More about Meg Cabot...

Avalon High: Coronation (3 books)
  • The Merlin Prophecy (Avalon High: Coronation, #1)
  • Homecoming (Avalon High: Coronation, #2)