Start by marking “Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday” as Want to Read:
Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday

Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday (Tales from the Back Pew)

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
With hilarious stories and nutty pictures, the Tales from the Back Pew series offers kid’s a unique view of church. Enjoy plenty of giggles with your child—and learn fun, important truths about God, church, and the Bible.
Mom is taking me to church this Sunday. I’ve heard a lot about church. You have to stand up, sit down, and kneel a hundred times. It’s called being in the
Published January 19th 2009 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday

Shaun
Jun 11, 2009 Shaun rated it liked it
When it comes to church, kids sometimes think and say the darnedest things. The Tales from the Back Pew series takes a light-hearted look at some of the misconceptions our children may have about church.

In Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday, the main character is wondering if church will be anything like the stories he's heard. There's obvious cause for concern when you consider the fact that you may get drafted into the service, be forced to sit on smelly benches called pews, and deal with the
Celestine Barrett Harris
Funny

This book has very humorous illustrations of church service. It has a great interpretation from a kid's point of view. I would recommend this book for those with a vivid imaging action and keen sense of humor. This is overall an entertaining book. It's an easy read.
Karen
Jul 28, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
We'll be teaching 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School this fall, so I bought this whole set. I think it's going to be great to use with the kids.
Jessica
Jan 29, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is a very short book that has lots of little colorful graphics. It is for young kids and goes over some of the ideas kids have come up with through the years of what church is like. I got it to read and show to my daughter who is 4 and she seemed to like the pictures really well. It was cute and fun.
Tiara
Cute book with plenty of chuckles like calling the preacher "The Sermonator" and saying that they must really like nuts because people are always saying "Almonds."
Lauri
May 31, 2010 Lauri rated it it was ok
I think you have to be a Christian to laugh at some of the jokes. If a child had not been to church, I don't think they would understand it.
Margaret
Jan 20, 2012 Margaret rated it it was ok
Shelves: online-storytime
Bah. Not my sense of humor. Read NOOKbook.

Online Free Story time: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32522997/Pr...
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 15, 2010 Tina Bartholoma rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
author of black lagoon series, boy's first time at Christian church, funny, but trying to hard
Bill Tillman
What a fun graphic children's book, and with a great message.
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Jonathan Bloom
Jonathan Bloom marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Eril
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Savannah
Savannah rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2016
Chris Brooks
Chris Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Paula
Paula added it
Jan 28, 2016
Lynn Shaffer
Lynn Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Jennifer Borg
Jennifer Borg rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Crow8ster
Crow8ster rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Ashira
Ashira rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Georgette Quinn
Georgette Quinn rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2015
Wayne Morrison
Wayne Morrison rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Danny
Danny added it
Oct 06, 2014
Melissa Hennessy
Melissa Hennessy marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Mir
Mir rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Louanne Nicely
Louanne Nicely rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mike Thaler, born in Los Angeles, started his professional career drawing cartoons for adults. A children's book editor saw one of his cartoon stories in a national magazine and encouraged Mike to try writing for children. His first attempt met with success, and "The Magic Boy" was published in 1961.

Mike has produced over 220 published books and is known as “America’s Riddle King.” He has also bee
More about Mike Thaler...

Tales from the Back Pew (10 books)
  • Church Summer Cramp