Start by marking “The Master of Shadows” as Want to Read:
The Master of Shadows

The Master of Shadows (The Elsewhere Chronicles #3)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
'The Shadow Spies' is the second book of 'The Elsewhere Chronicles'.
Published April 1st 2009 by Graphic Universe

To ask other readers questions about The Master of Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master of Shadows

Timothy
Jul 23, 2011 Timothy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this can be considered as the third volume in a trilogy, the way the series ends, leads me to believe that the 'ElseWhere Chronicles' is more of a prequel or introduction to something greater that will appear later. This is not to disparage the ElseWhere Chronicles or vol 3: The Master of Shadows. However brief this series was, it was still filled with its share of danger, mystery, action, and even tragedy. In addition to the story, the art makes a visual feast for the reader with its l ...more
Kari Ramirez
Mar 18, 2013 Kari Ramirez rated it really liked it
Creepy, funny, sad and hopeful are the words I would use to describe this series of books. I picked them up at the library when I was waiting for Emma the other day thinking she would like them, but the cover for The Parting was slightly creepy so I decided to read them first. Good thing I did!

I've seen the books recommended for ages 7+ and also 9+ and I think the 9+ is more accurate. The books deal with some heavy issues, like death, child abuse and terminal illness. Nothing too graphic, but he
Dolly
Oct 08, 2013 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the third book in The Elsewhere Chronicles series of graphic novels by Nykko and Bannister. I discovered the first couple of books at our local library and our oldest liked them so much, I put the next few on hold right away.

This book continues the saga with the kids still trying to get back home to our world. I love the interaction between the characters from the different worlds, and I am eager to find out what happens to them next.

The illustrations are terrific and the story is very
Andrew
Feb 25, 2014 Andrew rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good over all. The reasons why is because I like fantasy and action and this book had it all. The book is about these kids who were kidnapped and the parents haven't seen them for a long time. And one day when they start wanting to bring their one friend back home they run into trouble. So if you want to know what happens you should definitely read this book.
Jaheim
Apr 07, 2014 Jaheim added it
Chris
Nov 13, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
The artwork is a nice hybrid of cartoonish and realism that I always found vivid, clear, and appealing. Four main protagonists with distinct personalities and voices. Lots of action, mystery, and alien-ness. A slight, quick read with surpising substance. An incomplete "The End . . . ?" felt anticlimactic and left me hoping the series continues.
Laura-Lagoona-Thalia-Sadie-
Feb 08, 2012 Laura-Lagoona-Thalia-Sadie- rated it really liked it
I'm really upset that I didn't read the other books because I didn't exactly get the plot but, it was worth reading this one! Even though I didn't know the characters that well, I was in shock horror mode when Ivanna died. I was like, NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she comes back. I really do.
Hunter
Nov 12, 2013 Hunter rated it really liked it
It was about 5 kids in a different dimension and they were trying to get back home. They had to go to the 5th eye to go back home.

I rated it a 4 because I thought it was kinda boring at first but when i got into it it was more interesting. I also liked it because it was a short and easy book.
Bruce
Jan 02, 2010 Bruce rated it really liked it
Still pursued by the deadly Shadow Spies and the dark and mysterious Master of Shadows, the four friends outwit a monster and discover a secret cave containing a projector, but Max does not want to return home.

Sequel to The Shadow Spies
Rad
Jun 12, 2011 Rad rated it it was amazing
Ah, this series is so heartbreaking! I keep hoping that in this world, people can come back to life ... Uh, anyway, my thoughts on this book are the same as they were for the first book: AMAZING.
Brett
Aug 27, 2012 Brett rated it it was ok
Shelves: j-graphic-novel
Eh, I'm still feeling ambivalent about this series. Perhaps something is lost in the translation? I'll see what happens next, though - they're quite short.
Brielle
Oct 28, 2013 Brielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elswhere
This book is sad when ilvanna dies after going through a dark shadow.
I have this book and read the whole thing
Jacob
Jun 13, 2012 Jacob rated it really liked it
Public library copy.
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Alex McAuley
Alex McAuley marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
James Alexander
James Alexander marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Simon
Simon added it
Apr 13, 2016
Morgan
Morgan added it
Mar 15, 2016
Marissa
Marissa rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Camden
Camden rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Dolores
Dolores rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Mpw
Mpw marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Natasha Rodriguez
Natasha Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Robin Carl
Robin Carl rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Zacchaeus Jackson
Zacchaeus Jackson marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

The Elsewhere Chronicles (6 books)
  • The Shadow Door