Start by marking “The Master of Shadows (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Master of Shadows (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #3)

The Master of Shadows (The Elsewhere Chronicles #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  13 reviews
'The Shadow Spies' is the second book of 'The Elsewhere Chronicles'.
Published April 1st 2009 by Graphic Universe

To ask other readers questions about The Master of Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master of Shadows

Timothy
Although this can be considered as the third volume in a trilogy, the way the series ends, leads me to believe that the 'ElseWhere Chronicles' is more of a prequel or introduction to something greater that will appear later. This is not to disparage the ElseWhere Chronicles or vol 3: The Master of Shadows. However brief this series was, it was still filled with its share of danger, mystery, action, and even tragedy. In addition to the story, the art makes a visual feast for the reader with its l ...more
Kari Ramirez
Creepy, funny, sad and hopeful are the words I would use to describe this series of books. I picked them up at the library when I was waiting for Emma the other day thinking she would like them, but the cover for The Parting was slightly creepy so I decided to read them first. Good thing I did!

I've seen the books recommended for ages 7+ and also 9+ and I think the 9+ is more accurate. The books deal with some heavy issues, like death, child abuse and terminal illness. Nothing too graphic, but he
Dolly
Oct 08, 2013 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the third book in The Elsewhere Chronicles series of graphic novels by Nykko and Bannister. I discovered the first couple of books at our local library and our oldest liked them so much, I put the next few on hold right away.

This book continues the saga with the kids still trying to get back home to our world. I love the interaction between the characters from the different worlds, and I am eager to find out what happens to them next.

The illustrations are terrific and the story is very
Andrew
This book was pretty good over all. The reasons why is because I like fantasy and action and this book had it all. The book is about these kids who were kidnapped and the parents haven't seen them for a long time. And one day when they start wanting to bring their one friend back home they run into trouble. So if you want to know what happens you should definitely read this book.
Jaheim
Apr 07, 2014 Jaheim added it
Chris
The artwork is a nice hybrid of cartoonish and realism that I always found vivid, clear, and appealing. Four main protagonists with distinct personalities and voices. Lots of action, mystery, and alien-ness. A slight, quick read with surpising substance. An incomplete "The End . . . ?" felt anticlimactic and left me hoping the series continues.
Laura-Lagoona-Thalia-Sadie-
I'm really upset that I didn't read the other books because I didn't exactly get the plot but, it was worth reading this one! Even though I didn't know the characters that well, I was in shock horror mode when Ivanna died. I was like, NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she comes back. I really do.
Hunter
It was about 5 kids in a different dimension and they were trying to get back home. They had to go to the 5th eye to go back home.

I rated it a 4 because I thought it was kinda boring at first but when i got into it it was more interesting. I also liked it because it was a short and easy book.
Bruce
Still pursued by the deadly Shadow Spies and the dark and mysterious Master of Shadows, the four friends outwit a monster and discover a secret cave containing a projector, but Max does not want to return home.

Sequel to The Shadow Spies
Rad
Ah, this series is so heartbreaking! I keep hoping that in this world, people can come back to life ... Uh, anyway, my thoughts on this book are the same as they were for the first book: AMAZING.
Brett
Eh, I'm still feeling ambivalent about this series. Perhaps something is lost in the translation? I'll see what happens next, though - they're quite short.
Brielle
This book is sad when ilvanna dies after going through a dark shadow.
I have this book and read the whole thing
Jacob
Public library copy.
Diana Sae Broederlow
Diana Sae Broederlow marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Vincent
Vincent marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Anne
Anne added it
May 07, 2015
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sarah Nguyen
Sarah Nguyen marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Min
Min marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

The Elsewhere Chronicles (6 books)
  • The Shadow Door (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #1)
  • The Shadow Spies (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #2)
  • The Calling (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #4)
  • The Parting: (The Elsewhere Chronicles #5)
  • The Tower of Shadows (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #6)
The Shadow Door (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #1) The Shadow Spies (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #2) The Calling (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #4) The Parting: (The Elsewhere Chronicles #5) The Tower of Shadows (The Elsewhere Chronicles, #6)