Start by marking “The Kat Trap” as Want to Read:
The Kat Trap

The Kat Trap (Kat #1)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  25 reviews

A sexy, raw debut novel about the life of a young murderess who lures her victims to their own deaths by seducing them.

Ghetto-born and street-raised, Katrina -- or Kat for short, is a self-proclaimed hood goddess. With her in-your-face razor-sharp attitude, alluring charm, and exotic beauty, Katrina is vivacious, vicious, and unsuspectingly dangerous. Detached from her e

Published May 26th 2009 by Strebor Books (first published May 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Kat Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kat Trap

G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida Clark
Best Urban Fiction
79th out of 203 books — 334 voters
Big Juicy Lips by Allison HobbsNo Boundaries by Allison HobbsBrick by Allison HobbsThe Enchantress by Allison HobbsLipstick Hustla by Allison Hobbs
put a ring on it
17th out of 18 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Peace of Mind

Refusing to live in the projects, like her entire family, Kat has acquired a real hustle that guarantees that she'll be paid, jet-setting and plenty satisfied. With everyone in the closet about how Kat gets hers, there's never any concern that her promiscuous ways will see the light of day. Besides, Kat enjoys what she does and can't imagine not having work to keep her content.

Kat gave up on happily ever after some time ago, but Grant steps in the picture and it seems that they cou
'Cause I'm THAT B*tch!

Katrina aka Kat took her first life as a teen. From that moment, her thoughts, actions and feelings would push her towards death. And now death is her life, her business, her profession...her pleasure. Kat is a paid killer. She lures men to THE KAT TRAP and then it's a wrap. She lays them and slays them.

The ruthless, insatiable assassin needs love too. When she meets a fine, sexy brother, is he enough to make her want to change her ways?

THE KAT TRAP was entertaining, rau
Kat is that Bytch! The book had all the elements that I like it was filled with drama, violence, and sex. As all great books it was not a predictable read. Loved it
This was a really good read but with a very unexpected ending.
I Love the way he writes...great urban erotica!
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Wow, this book was packed with action. Kat is the main character and she is an assassin for hire. This girl is straight up crazy! She will kill on command and has no problems with it. She grew up in the projects with a messed up mama who always chose men over her and hates her mama for that very reason. She has no issue telling anyone and everyone off that she doesn't agree with and does so with a vengeance.

This book basically about killing and sex, with a few other things thrown in. It is drama
Paula Allen
This is my first book by Cairo , but it won’t be my last. Written with the gritty realism of street life, THE KAT TRAP is a page-turner. Kat’s character is strong-willed and focused which is good for her chosen profession. Yet, she is soft enough to still unwind with friends and desire the love she seeks from her mother. The only thing I felt the plot lacked is more interaction between her and a budding love interest. There was also quite a bit of gratuitous sex, which pushed the novel towards t ...more
Ladies and Gents be prepared to get in touch with your sexual side! From beginning to end this a eye opening, page turning, drama filled, sex you non stop, joy ride!! Kat is one not to be messed with! You'll see those who cross her don't end up well! And her marks think they've died and gone to heaven when they meet her....well I wouldn't say heaven but welcome to the Kat Trap!!! Can't wait to read the sequel Kitty Kitty Bang Bang!
I loved this book. Kat is off the chain. I had never heard of this author until I was given this book ta read so I had ta get the second part of it and can't wait ta read it too.

This book throws you for a loop you are not expecting the book to end how it does
Nyiema Lamont
Kat is cold as hell, but I love her ! She don't take s**t from nobody and is a true boss! This book had me in from start to finish. Kat is independent, sexy, and a true killer! & her sex game on point!!! She didn't have to kill her boo at the end though... :/
Erica L
The Kat Trap and Kitty Kitty Bang Bang should be read one after the other, with The Kat Trap first. I love Cairos strong female characters and his unexpected plot twists. Read any and everything by the artist Cairo. He will not disappoint and you will sweat!
D. Michelle
Loved this character! We are first introduced to Kat in Cairo's book Daddy Long Stroke and I love that fact. Very well written, heated scenes and excellent story line. Love, love, love this book.

Kat is not to be messed with, she plays for keeps!
Wow this book was off the chain, I couldn't put it down! Can't wait to read the sequel. I love Cairo he sure knows how to bring it! He keeps your eyes glued and fingers turning pages. Definately a goodread, grab a copy and enjoy folks!
Tamika L
This book was very tasteful. This book will have you reading until you cannot get enough. This novel will take you into another world of life. I recommend this to many Urban lovers !!
Exciting but very raw. I didn't know what to expect but as I read about Kat little did I know was as ruthless as she was. After getting through the street talk it was a decent read.
Sonja Deloach
This was an excellent read...can't wait till the second part Kitty Kitty Bang Bang arrives so that I can continue on with Kat's story.
Sheryl Boyce
This was a good book. Kat has a filthy mouth(LOL)but that's that NY in her. I am looking forward to the next book. Cairo is a great writer!
Man I would have read it before kitty kitty but this lets me know why she is that Bitch lol very intertaining and great
Angel Alexander
Wasnt expecting the end to happen like it did. I was on the edge of my seat..
Cynthia Jarrett
KAT!!!! This girl is the truth. Sex & Killing.... Welcome to The Kat Trap!
Geneva Poindexter
This book kept my attention from first page to the last.
started reading 04JUN2011
Wow, wow, wow
I loved this book!!
Jul 07, 2012 Nisha added it
Really Good
Tenisha Long
Tenisha Long marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
E'leana Irwin
E'leana Irwin marked it as to-read
TD added it
Nov 20, 2015
Mzzp marked it as to-read
  • Damaged
  • Lipstick Hustla
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
  • Baby Girl 2 (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • Chaser
  • Home Wrecker
  • Little Black Girl Lost 4: The Diary of Josephine Baptiste

Kat (2 books)
  • Kitty-Kitty, Bang-Bang: A Novel

“They say the closest ones to ya are the same ones who’ll sneak up behind ya and stick the knife through ya. Sleepin’ on me is your biggest mistake. Close ya eyes, and ya’ll find ya’self in a river of blood. One for the money, one for the nut, one bullet to the skull…nigga, what?!” 2 likes