Full Circle

Full Circle

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Openly gay eighteen-year-old Jaylin Ryan is surprised when his secret crush, star jock Max Sydney, admits he's interested in him. Knowing Max's father will react badly, Jaylin and Max find ways to be together and make plans for the future, but it all goes wrong when they're attacked for their relationship, leaving Max badly injured and Jaylin emotionally devastated. Taking...more
Published February 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

Daisiemae
This is one of those books I am on the fence about. What sucks is that I have really enjoyed the other books that Lisa Marie Davis has written. She has a certain sweetness to her writing that I like, and her heroes usually have some tragic thing in their past they must overcome before they find their happy ending. Since I like some emotional angst in the stories I read, her writing is normally up my alley.

For some reason, I didn't like this book as well. It was too rushed in my opinion. It's unf...more
Found this a somewhat unbalanced read. It seemed to spend way to long on build up and then suddenly they're back in each others arms. Liked the main character, who was rather heartwarming, just the plot and pace of the book I found difficult. An editing error was also not cool. Be interested to see a slightly longer book, but cannot say this one is a favorite.
Lindsay
I agree with what Daisie said about this book. It is too rushed and felt choppy in places. I could have been much longer and the book would have been better, I think. Too bad. I had already bought the book before I read a review on it. Shame on me.
S.
Like others before me, I was dissatisfied with certain aspects of this book. The main thing was how Max could justify seven years with a 'rehab, feeling guilty, my bad' kinda thing. I was so annoyed with that it ruined everything else.

I liked reading about their romance and how it started - I liked the way they didn't instantly jump into bed when they first got together but experimented like teenagers do. I even thought the attack aspect was handled pretty well.

But the reunion was just too pat...more
Amy
I loved this book, yes i did cry several times(sad and happy tears), but this was a great story about second chances and true love. it is now on my fav list.
Neet
The relationship between openly gay Jaylin Ryan and closeted Max Sydney is passionate and heart breaking.Jaylin loves Max and plans to attend college in same state with hifos boyfriend. Where Jay receives love and support of their relationship from hid mom, Max is afraid to be truthful with his homoohobic father and step -mom. The boys plan to have a weekend of first time sex gets interrupted, when cruel and sadistic torture both boys physically, sexually, and mentally.Surviving, this horror of...more
Antonella
What didn't work for me:
- too much drama till the very end
- the inner dialogue didn't sound believable
- (view spoiler)
- once more the bad guys, including the father, are too bad
- (view spoiler)
melek
Jaylin and matt meet in high school they were so inlove planned the future together. But with some unfortunate events lead to matt in hospital and father convinced him to leave jaylin which ws the best thing he thought it was.

Now seven years past they once again come together for the trial of the man who put him in hospital. Now can they get back those 7 years the lost.
Nene
This is one of those stories where I feel the best parts were skipped over. There were a lot of emotional issues that were just too easily resolved. I guess I just thought it was too easy.
Snowtulip
May 01, 2012 Snowtulip added it
Shelves: own, m-m
2.5

Hhmmm...wanted to like this more than I did. I liked the premise, I liked the main characters, it just felt a little flat.
Rae
I love LMD's books, they're right up my story-alley :)
Erin
Erin added it
Jul 20, 2014
Ain
Ain marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
James
James added it
May 23, 2014
J Ablett
J Ablett marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
  • The Best
  • Death or Life
  • To Have And To Hostage
  • Game On, Game Over
  • Aquamarine
  • Poor Little Rich Boy
  • Fortune's Return (Good Fortune Ranch, #2)
  • Unspeakable Words
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • Marlowe's Ghost
  • The Valde: Water
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable #2)
  • Snowbound
  • Cherish
  • Trust
  • The Veteran (Veteran #1)
  • Once in a Lifetime
  • Sole Survivor
Born and raised in Florida, Lisa spends her time writing and babysitting her nearly three-year-old nephew, Zach. A night owl, most of her writing gets done well after one in the morning when the rest of the world is happily sleeping.

Visit her blog at http://lisamariedavis.livejournal.com/.
More about Lisa Marie Davis...
Loving Lucas Dreams Come True When Love Comes Back Around Unstoppable Force The End Game