Start by marking “Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells” as Want to Read:
Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells

Read eBook

Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells

**An updated and expanded version of this novel will be released by Dreamspinner Press in March 2015. Stay tuned for more details.**

Kieran Quinn is a Texas native transplanted to Manhattan and working as a columnist for a national magazine. He's famous for his snarky, sardonic columns, but deep down he's more interested in what makes people tick than his editor would like.
Published February 1st 2009 by Ravenous Romance

To ask other readers questions about Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~2.5~

I should not have read this book. But I love E.M. Lynley's work, so when I had the chance to request an ARC of the second edition of Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells, my brain exploded with chants of MINE! MINE! MINE!

But I should have known. The blurb is NOT misleading, and ultimately the plot didn't appeal to me.

This story contained elements I really dislike:

- Sex on page with other partners
(Kieran has a penchant for underwear models.)

- Poorly defined GFY/OFY
(Jaxon with an X is not a compl
Daisiemae
Mar 02, 2009 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Brenda (natesmomb) THANK YOU!
Before I get into the review, I HAVE to point out that this cover is VERY deceiving! Because there is a woman standing in the window, it gives the illusion that this is a book that has a menage storyline or scene in it...it DOESN'T! This is one of the reasons I put off reading this book. I am not a menage fan, but after I read Brenda's review I understood that it is a M/M Romance only. **Yay!**

Kieran Quinn is a player. He is very promiscuous and is known to forget the name of the man he is havin
Brenda (b)
Feb 27, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read by an author that's new to me. It falls under the "gay for you" category. Things start happening in a short period of time, but that didn't bother me because I liked Jaxon and wanted him to have a HEA. After the first scene I wasn't sure if I'd like Kieran, but when the story got a bit further along I found that I did.
Elisa Rolle
First of all a big warning: this is not a menages! Last week I discovered this new publisher, Ravenous Romance and its Panamour line (same-sex romance); they have already some titles available, but at first I bough only the two by Ryan Field, since I knew the author (not personally, I read two short stories before) and reading the blurb and looking the covers, I was sure they were not menages. Sex, Lies and Wedding Bells by E.M. Lynley I almost skipped since it didn't pass my three steps test: 1 ...more
Melanie~~
Where do I start? For me, this was a beefy book. I tend to go for 130-180 pages. So it was nice to have something that was a bit bigger and took a little longer to get through. (And I'm a slower reader to begin with.)

The main characters were well developed. I would have liked a good bit more of Jaxon, but I think it was more of Keiran's story, so... I do think that Danetta could have been fleshed out a bit more, but then again, she wasn't the point. I really enjoyed the friendship that blossomed
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Oct 27, 2009 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, m-m
I had a hard time rating this. Going by overall quality of the story and writing, this is between 2 and 3 stars. However, my overall enjoyment of it was between 4 and 5 stars. So I'm compromising with a 3.

I had a lot of problems with this book, including but not limited to: POV issues (huge pet peeve of mine), Ricki Lake worthy melodrama, tons of typos and editing errors, and the second half suffered from major CWD Syndrome (chicks w/ dicks.)

And yet....
It somehow worked for me. My heart went pit
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧•°**★❧ •°**★
Oooooh My Godnesss! I Love this Book! It Was Predictable and Sweet and...

Just an ALL and ALL Perfect Read For Me.... Just What I Needed ~Like a Warm Cup Of Chocolate, A Good Book and Snuggly Socks...This Book Was Absolutely Perfect For MY Today's Mood..❤

JoJo
Mar 11, 2009 JoJo rated it it was amazing
Recommended to JoJo by: Daisiemae
I am looking forward to reading more by this author. I loved Kieran! I really didn't think I would, but he ended up being a sexy and charming hero.
Zainab
Apr 20, 2015 Zainab rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
It was a fun read.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

Kieran Quinn is the snarky, jaded, skeptical writer who finds the humor in situations that others might overlook—often at the expense of another person’s pride—and he writes about them (some might say exploits them) in his articles for the magazine Gloss.

When his co-worker receives an invitation to a wedding in Kieran’s home state of Texas and she explains that she’s not going because th
Ayanna
Oct 24, 2013 Ayanna rated it it was ok
It wasn't bad, and then it was.

The actual turning point moment was sort of shoddily handled. Having sex does not equate falling in love. They even say that. And yet, for some reason, that seems to be how Kieran reacts.

The Big Reveal was...cheesy.

The use of the word "waked" is bothering me.

The ending...
Yes, yes, they became astronauts and went to outer space and found a cure for cancer and built schools in Africa and adopted three African babies.

It was like a Mary Sue, but as a story ending.
The
Gabbi
Mar 10, 2009 Gabbi rated it it was amazing
I loved Kieran and Jaxon! The gay for you storyline is my favorite, so this book had the kind of storyline I love to read! Their romance is quick, but oh so sweet!
K
Apr 05, 2015 K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description
4.5 Stars
I had the pleasure of reading Sex, Lies, and Wedding Bells, by E.M. Lynley, when she first released it back in 2009. In fact, I have read it more than once, over the years. When I saw the new cover, which is drop dead gorgeous btw and learned of it being revised with new material, I was beyond excited.

The story is about the lives of Kieran Quinn, a news columnist, who has no trouble getting any guy into his bed. The trouble is none of them want to stay, nor does he want them too. It’s
Erotic Horizon
Jun 10, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it it was amazing
Characters

Jaxon – Teacher, fiancée’ and an all around good guy. Willing than most to open his mind to the possibilities and explore the unknown - but still naive enough enough to think that there is goodness in everyone.

Kieran – Journalist, friend, pal and the ficklest person there is when it comes to matters of the heart. Proud of who he is and his greatest wish is to do right by the people he interviews – however he has an editor and that was never going to happen.

The Plot

Kieran has just about
Sandra
3.5 stars rounded up bc Goodreads.

I liked this more than my co-blogger who also read this book, but I had some of the same hangups she had.

First off, the 'mystery' why Danetta, the runaway bride, left three grooms at the altar, and how she got them to not only want to marry her (especially groom 2, 3, and 4) but also why she ran out on the first three. Who forgave her, apparently. And who also, for some reason I couldn't quite understand, kept her secret hidden, and didn't tell groom 4, when he
Carole
May 16, 2009 Carole rated it it was amazing

Kieran Quinn has the ultimate job at Gloss magazine: he writes funny, snarky columns that are so popular that Gloss, which is something like the New Yorker, won't even post them on their website so that more people will buy the print magazine. It works, and sales are up. Kieran is Gloss's fair-haired boy. He's also quite the gay man about town, with a taste for one-night stands with hunky underwear models, while he's waiting for real love to find him.

Kieran runs across a possible story in Buckwh
Veronica of V's Reads
I received a copy of the re-released, revised, second edition of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Kieran Quinn is an out gay columnist for Gloss magazine. His snarky wit have made his column famous, but he's starting to tire of the treadmill ride he's on. He has no lack of gorgeous sexual partners, but he longs for an actual partner.

In search of his next column fodder, essentially the schmucks who'll be subject to his literary vivisection, Kieran travels to tiny Buckw
Elyxyz
Jun 27, 2016 Elyxyz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una simpatica commedia, senza troppe disgrazie, che ho letto con piacere e che regala qualche ora di gradevole intrattenimento. Ho apprezzato che l’autrice stessa, tramite i suoi personaggi, facesse dell’ironia sulla somiglianza con il noto film “Se scappi, ti sposo”.
Francamente, il segreto di Danny mi sembrava abbastanza chiaro quasi da subito, forse perché è l’escamotage più vecchio del mondo, ma è stato interessante seguire le ‘investigazioni’ di Kieran e vederlo crescere come persona: dall’i
Amarilli Settantatre
da www.sognipensieriparole.com

3,5 - Sicuramente qui ci viene offerta una trama molto originale.
E' pur vero che lo spunto ricorda un po’ un certo film, però poi l’indagine del giornalista di gossip appassiona: c’è una donna che ha piantato all’altare ben tre fidanzati ed è pronta ad impalmare il quarto. Se non fosse che il quarto rischia di far deragliare lo stesso giornalista.
Lo stile è frizzante e spensierato. Direi quattro stelle piene sino al giorno delle nozze, perché mi sono davvero divert
Candice
Jan 14, 2012 Candice rated it liked it
Shelves: gfy
This story was just a random pick for me, but ended up being an enjoyable story. The characters are likeable, but there really isn't anything that would stick with after reading, just a nice story with a HEA.
Marty90
Jun 27, 2016 Marty90 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Avete presente “Se scappi, ti sposo”, quel film con quelle meraviglie di Julia Roberts e Richard Gere alle prese con il matrimonio? Ecco, in questo libro troviamo molte similitudini, perché Danetta, così come la protagonista del film, ha l’abitudine di arrivare sull’altare e lasciare lì lo sposo, scappando prima di dire il grande sì! Un’occasione troppo ghiotta, per Kieran Quinn, per farsela scappare. Lui, un giornalista ironico e schietto, non può proprio
Wax
Apr 20, 2015 Wax rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-have, mm
I had a hard time with this book. In the beginning it was difficult for me to get invested in the characters. Overall, I did enjoy it at the end, so I gave it 4 stars (rounded up from 3.5 stars).

Kieran is a writer for Gloss magazine. His column is usually snarky and mocks others. His life is full of one night stands with underwear models and his work, but secretly he wants more. He is at the point in his life where a relationship with someone to share breakfast looks pretty nice. One day, he is
Apr 27, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-male-male
3.5 Stars

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was an enjoyable and entertaining read. No frills about it, just a fun “wrong time/wrong place” falling in love story. Kieran is a columnist for a NY magazine. His columns always pokes fun at individuals are looking for love and those who try to help people find love. Lately, writing his column doesn’t hold the same appeal to him as it did when he started. You see, Kieran is starting to desire that same everl
Inked Reads
Apr 03, 2015 Inked Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
FiveStars
I laughed, I cried and I forgot to cook dinner. This is a fantastic romantic comedy I found impossible to put down.

New York playboy journalist Kieran Quinn travels to Texas, following a story about real-life runaway bride, Danetta Archer. Jaxon Lang is Danetta’s most recent fiance. Kieran plans a mocking literary send-up of the deluded groom-to-be until he meets the most beautiful man he’s ever seen.

Beyond the initial attraction, urbane Kieran and high school principal Jaxon strike up a
Brooklyn
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I have to start by saying the new cover is sexy! It’s a grayscale close-up of a man’s face, but his eyes are just mesmerizing. Wow! A great cover is key to attracting a potential reader. And this one definitely caught my attention.

What also caught my attention was the whole “runaway bride” concept. In a small town in Texas, Jaxon is about to get married. But his fiancée Danetta, has already left three men at the altar
Susan
Nov 02, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, z-2015
As part of the MM Romance Group's Don't Buy My Love program, I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Kieran lives in New York and writes a column for a magazine. He lives a high-ranking lifestyle but we quickly discover that this isn't making him happy. A lot of his life seems to be pretty shallow and I didn't instantly like Kieran when we were first introduced to him. He ends up travelling back to Texas (his home state) to write a column about a woma
F.
Apr 24, 2015 F. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, 100-200pg, gfy, dbml
Book received free through the M/M Romance Group DBML program for an honest review

The story's main character is Kieran Quinn, a snarky, sarcastic columnist for Gloss, a high-end magazine. He accidentally opens a wedding invitation meant for a colleague and is intrigued when the colleague calls her friend "the runaway bride". Sniffing a story, Kieran finds out that this wedding is to groom number 4. He heads out to Buckwheat Springs where he meets with Danetta and Jaxon, the bride and groom. All
Calila
*A copy of this book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

I struggled with this one. Not because the writing was bad or the story was bad. I just never particularly warmed up to the characters. They were all pretty selfish and annoying. There is some progress made but it came after I had already been annoyed and rolled my eyes at them. I think by the end I was just indifferent. Though if forced I probably liked Keiran the most. Maybe. I'm not sure. I really hated
Marinieves Cordero
Kieran Quinn works in Manhattan as a columnist for Gloss, a national literary magazine and Jaxon Lang is the high school principal in tiny Buckwheat Springs, Texas. When they meet, things changed for the both of them.
Kieran goes to his state of origin and to Buckwheat looking of the story of a bride that has already left 3 previous grooms at the altar, the jilted grooms seem friends with her and the current fiancé, who happens to be Jaxon.
Kieran starts to know Jaxon in a more personal level an
Dragonpoetikfly Poetry
Wow Kieran and Jaxon make one smoking hot couple sheesh!! I had a feeling Danetta was pulling the pregnancy card on Marc and Jordan, but didn't understand her relationship with Tom. I'm glad she was at least honest with him and didn't start her deception on him first. I thought Jax was gonna read the note to call Danny, not the note Kier wrote about Danny. What a twist, runaway Groom this time lol. But I'm glad Sam was there for Jax,and Kier trusted Sam to let him know how Jax was doing. I'm an ...more
Dreamspinner Press: Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells by EM Lynley 1 7 Mar 24, 2015 04:22PM
  • Second Sight
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Sursein Judgment
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O'Shaughnessys #2)
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Letting In the Light
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • True Colors (True Colors, #1)
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Hot Weather
  • Alternative Treatment
  • The Other Side
  • Left of Centre
  • Rough Draft
  • In Bear Country
EM Lynley writes gay erotic romance. She loves books where the hero gets the guy and the loving is 11 on a scale of 10. Her Precious Gems series is best described as “Indiana Jones meets Romancing the Stone”—only gayer. The Delectable series is Gay Romance with Taste.

A Rainbow Award winner and EPPIE finalist, EM has worked in high finance, high tech, and in the wine industry, though she'd rather
More about E.M. Lynley...