Captive of the Beast (Knights of White #4)

Captive of the Beast (Knights of White #4)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  14 reviews
As a Knight of White, the demon warrior Rinehart has long struggled to keep the beast within him at bay. But his unyielding attraction to Dr. Laura Johnson--the dangerous woman he has sworn to protect--threatens to rip his soul apart. When Rinehart discovers that she has paranormal abilities of her own, he must choose: will he give in to his animal attraction to her or ful...more
Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #63, 281 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books

Paige Gullett
I'm an avid paranormal romance reader and as such often go for the bargain selections to get a fix without breaking the bank. This book (and the "Knights of White" series) fit the bill. The paranormal aspect is a variation of the tired idea that a woman, her light, is the only thing that can save the man's soul from eternal damnation. Despite being a bit cliché the book is a good read and I liked the strong female character. She isn't a push over but isn't overly masculine in her strength either...more
Sharon
Okay I think this was my least favorite book, but one of the really important ones in the series. This book had a lot less of the relationship/romance story compared to the others, but it seriously advanced the story of the series regarding the ultimate war. I won't give too much away, but it makes me yearn for the next stories in the series! And notice I still 'liked' this book at 3 stars, so don't let it super get you down.....it's still a good read for the series. Just not the best.
Stacie
May 06, 2009 Stacie added it
A good continuation of the Knights of White series. The story of Rhinehart who goes to rescue a scientist from the Beast that he hunts. He finds that she is his mate but he has been told to get her away from the Beast at all costs - even if he has to terminate her to achieve that goal.
Barbara ★
This is the first book I've read of this series and HOLY CRAP what a book! Unfortunately, this is book 4 and I now have to read the first three which I've already ordered. Demon warrior, Rinehart is tasked with rescuing Dr. Laura Johnson from a military base located on an island. Dr. Johnson is working to control the psychic abilities of her patients. Her boss, Walch, wants her to clone these abilities to make super fighter demons. She is totally against this. Walch tell her that a team is comin...more
Geoh
this book was okay, i mean it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. some parts i just felt like it dragged along and i found my self not even paying attention and i re read it. where there was other where i was totally into it and could not put it down. put then it would go cold again, so it was back and forth. but i do like the idea of the story and i loved it when Rinehart and Laura accepted they loved each other. but it was pretty forgettable. i mean i read it like an hour ago and already for...more
Cindy
Good read. This is Rinehart's [introduced in the first Knight's book:] story. Strong action plot, interesting characters, even more paranormal elements than usual... Rinehart and Laura's story completes but LRJ teases us with story threads for Marisol and Lucan that [hopefully:] will be made clear in future books [soon I hoped!:].

Knights of White
Beast Of Darkness (2008)
Return of the Beast available only eBook
Beast of Desire (2008)
Demon Seduction available only as eBook
Captive of the Beast (2009)
Cferjani
May 18, 2014 Cferjani added it
Shelves: angel-demon
(blank)
Matthew
cant wait to read the next book
Krystean
Apr 12, 2010 Krystean rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Paranormal and Romance
My favourite of the series, so far. Having said that, I realize I have yet to read the first in the series! Enjoyed the team dynamics and interaction of the Knights of White that were featured in this book and found Rinehart to be my favourite hero yet. Very protective, intense and hot stuff.
Andrea
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK WITHOUT THE REST OF THE SERIES!!!!
This book was fantastic! However if you don't have the books before and after it WAIT and read them one after the other. If not your left hanging with a whole lot going on and now where to go with it.
Lou
It was a good book. Excellently written, but then what do you expect from a Nocturne Author ;)
Lizzielvr
I have not read the previous books in this series - but now I have to...
Hbeebti
Like this more than the other one. Now I need to find the first two.
Karen
Fantastic story! Loved every page!
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Nomme
Nomme added it
Jul 17, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
ceecee
ceecee marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jade Zupancic
Jade Zupancic marked it as to-read
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Brandy DM LovesBooks
Brandy DM LovesBooks marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Dark Deceiver (The Esri # 2)
  • Damned (Witch Hunt #3)
  • Scions: Revelation (Scions #3)
  • Sentinels: Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • Fury Calls (The Calling #7)
  • Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves #3)
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Familiar Stranger (Dark Enchantments #1)
  • Veiled Truth (Valorian Chronicles #3)
  • Dark Truth (Warriors for the Light #2)
  • Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1)
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES, and is now in development by Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland) for cable TV. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.

Watch the video on casting for t...more
More about Lisa Renee Jones...
If I Were You (Inside Out, #1) Being Me (Inside Out, #2) Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3) Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #2)