Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3)

Sweet Seduction (Sweet #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  11,600 ratings  ·  382 reviews
He was the stuff erotic dreams are made of

Salon owner Julie Stanford wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled, and spread out in front of her. Stuff dreams are made of. But the sexy guy was oblivious to the signals she was sending; until she finished off his final rub-down with something e...more
Trade Paperback, 297 pages
Published October 6th 2009 by Berkley Heat

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Seduction

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
1 1/2 Stars

Erotic romance with a heroine I did not like, a lackluster romance with no connection between the hero and heroine, a hero and heroine that spent the whole book playing cat and mouse, and ridiculous ménage scenes where the heroine was blindfolded and the hero hid his identity. Tiresome characterizes this couple's relationship.

On the plus side, the previous couples continuing stories played a prominent role in this book, which is the only reason I finished the story.
Auntee
Oct 07, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of erotic romance
Good book. After that last kink-fest book in the series (Sweet Persuasion), I can't say that I was really looking forward to this one or or if I had the will to read it if it was going to be another hard-core BDSM book. Thank God it wasn't! Not that there's no kink in this one, but thankfully no painful or humiliating BDSM moments between the H/H (although Damon and Serena appear and have their typical moment in the sun).

This one was about salon owner/massage therapist Julie Stanford and her pur...more
seton
Genre: Contemp Erotic Romance
Series: 3rd in the Sweet Series (ongoing)

Ramblings: If you have read the previous 2 books in this series, then you know that Julie, our mouthy zaftig heroine (that is so NOT her body on the cover), has the hots for bald & goateed Nathan. She’s been trying to peak his interest by pushing her Double D’s in his face whenever he comes to her parlor for a massage. To no avail. This is their story.

When the book begins, things comes to a head. Literally. Julie is tired...more
Sita Sargeant
I’m still trying to work out how exactly to review this. So, I am going to follow my old, old advice – when in doubt – make a list! So this list. It’s going to start with a 1). Are you ready? And so we begin!

1) This book is an erotica and damn, I mean DAMN! Is this book hot! I’m serious. My favourite scene would have had to have been the first scene, like I said before damn, damn that scene left me speechless, I loved it (yeah, I’m a bit of a pervert :P).
2) The characters were awesome, I loved...more
Amy
Apr 15, 2010 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2read2
It was basically a game of cat and mouse and maybe that's why I was not blown away with Nathan and Julie. Granted Julie is a self-sufficient, independent woman, which I loved, she portrayed herself in a sense what I would consider the "woman scorned". After flirting and putting herself out there(tata's and all)to try and gain Nathan's attention (only to be ignored) Julie decides she's going to give him a "send off" he will never forget to show him what he's missed. Now Nathan is a good ole boy a...more
Tilly Slaton

This series has fallen into a soap opera worthy story line. I really like that. It’s nice to read about the relationships from the prior books.

Sweet Seduction is story about Julie and Nathan. Their relationship is different from the previous ones.

Although some of the scenes in this book were outstanding, I really wasn’t impressed. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the author, Maya Banks. As with any writer, sooner or later they will create a book that just doesn’t do it for me. It happens.

In my...more
marlene
i didn't like Julie in the other 2 books and nothing really changed as we went along this one. i thought i liked Nathan alright till i kept reading about him. there is nothing wrong with him exactly but i just would have called him a wuss, rolled my eyes and walked away. there was nothing exceptional about him in any way. julie's only redeeming moment for me was her watching Serena and Damon at the club. i liked her then for about 5 mins. which may have been more because her previous attitude an...more
Marie
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
This is the third book in the "Sweet" series that, so far, has dealt with three friends - Faith (Sweet Surrender), Serena (Sweet Persuasion), and now Julie - and since the story revisits the other characters and their relationships, you do need to read these books in order to get the most out of them.

Julie Stanford owns her own salon where she gives great massages. She's been half in love with one of her clients ever since he first walked in for a massage - Nathan, who works for Faith's father i...more
Isis FG
I'm a bit on the fence about this book. I didn't dislike it or like it really, just found it rather average and lacking in a few areas.

Series Note:
Third book in Banks's "Sweet" series, an erotic BDSM based series. You could probably read this one on its own, but there's a lot of references to the other books, active involvement of those characters so you might be lost on those areas if you don't read them in order.

Summary:
Julie Stanford has wanted Nathan Tucker since she first set eyes on him. U...more
Susi
Julie is a very strong woman who knows exactly what, or better said who she wants. She’s stubborn as hell and doesn’t want to back down. Her ideas are sometimes a bit over the top but she makes them come true nonetheless. Julie runs from one extreme into the next but she won my heart with her sassy attitude and her witty comments. She’s a very reliable person and full of love for her friends. She has character, a very strong one and men seem to be afraid of it. But who is Julie to change herself...more
Holly
Apr 18, 2010 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
I absolutely loved this one too!! Julie and Nathan played a little too much cat and mouse, but I love them anyway. I also really enjoyed revisiting Gray and Faith and Damon and Serena, I loved that they also had their own little stories going on! Not to mention like all the books in this series it was HOT, HOT, HOT!! Getting ready to settle in and begin Micah's story!!
Guilty Pleasures
I LOVED this one. Love Julie's personality and Nathan's sweetness and innocence, even though he isn't totally innocent.

Overall this one is my all around favorite of the 1st four of the series, Micah and Angelina are right behind them.
Alyssa
3.50 Stars

I was really looking forward to this story because of the teasers & groundwork that given to us in the previous book. Nathan & Julie were such real characters in their demeanor & personalities, that I felt like I was reading a true-story.

Nathan - the nervous, non-confident, anxious & clueless male when faced with an assertive female who knows what she wants. Even though it turned him on, he was still unsure of how to approach & deal with Julie.

Julie - the take charg...more
Dead Girl Drama
“Ho-Hum Story, But With a Teaser of Things to Come!”

The Plot: The third book in Maya Banks’s Sweet series tells Julie’s story. A good friend of Faith’s and Serena’s, Julie is a local salon owner who is infatuated with Faith’s colleague Nathan. Nathan is entirely oblivious to Julie’s advances until she literally strong-arms him (or his dick, that is) into submission.

Zelda’s Take: This might be my least favorite of the Sweet series to date, but there’s enough of a teaser in it of things to come th...more
Darcy
Mar 17, 2011 Darcy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I didn't think that this book was as good as the first 2 in this series.

What I didn't like about this book was how crude and rude Julie was. Often times she came across so abrasive that I wondered why any man would be interested in her. She was even like that to her friends. And don't even get me started about her calling everyone a heifer! I hate it when people call each other that.

What I did like about the book was some of Julie's actions. I loved it when she finally decided to get Nathan work...more
Marie
Bintang 2
Buku ke3 seri Sweet

Kali ini mengetengahkan kisah cinta Julie sahabat Faith dan Serena dengan Nathan, salah satu kru keamanan Malone and Son Security.
Terus terang aku tidak menyukai karakter Julie yg dengan sadar melakukan hubungan Threesome walau dengan mata tertutup. Dan karena hal inilah buku ini tidak dianjurkan bagi mereka yg belum dewasa untuk membacanya. Selain itu menurutku Julie ini tidak berpendirian. Pertamanya mengejar Nathan dengan begitu rupa dan ketika Nathan sadar dengan...more
Erika
Oh, ho, ho....Nathan and Julie. My, my...where to start? I loved that they both were so into each other, but had no clue how to show it. Julie seemed so sweet and innocent, but she proved me wrong not far into the book. Poor Nathan. Once he realized what was going on and just how Julie felt he was like a madman full of love, lust, and possessiveness. However, before Julie and Nathan ended up together it wasn't all fun and games. Well, for Julie it was for awhile. She decided that Nathan would ge...more
Melanie
This installment just didn't do it for me. I love Maya Banks and her writing style, but this felt forced. I accidentally stumbled onto this series from my best friend, and I wasn't expecting much going into these, but this book just fell so flat for me. I think the biggest issue was just that Nathan wasn't sexy at all. His words were so bad, I was actually cringing. He kept using the word "heifer" as a joking around endearment and it was so fucking inappropriate. Especially since they kept makin...more
Kerste
This story...I just don't know. I was compelled to read it. So that alone gives it 3 stars. And it left me wanting to read the next one...I love authors smart enough to weave story lines together and Maya Banks does a good job.

But this book, looking back. Really? Nathan nearly falls into the TSTL category. On the one hand, he has this whole mental train of thought about how he doesn't really know how women's minds work and he's tentative at best, unless there's a blind fold involved. But then a...more
Azilys
je trouve l'écriture de Maya Banks de plus en plus addictive !
le cache cache amoureux entre Nathan et Julie et tout simplement extra !
un tome qui ne tourne ne pas autour d'une relation de soumission, mais à en croire les prémices du T4 il y aura tout et plus dans le tome parlant de Micah...
Tracy74
Michele
This book falls short in many aspects.

This was an erotic romance with a heroine,I found to be a real pain in the ass, she was a total dim-wit. Thorough out 50% of the story she questioned herself how and why or if she was going to pursue the hero Nathan. She had no real strong motivation at all. She came off to me as flat. Very boring.

For me Nathan falls under the TSTL section. One minute he says he understands women, then like a switch he is just plain dumb. He does things and his actions have...more
Ilana
Title: Sweet Seduction
Author: Maya Banks
Publisher/Year: Penguin Group USA 12/31/12
Length: 304 Pages
Series: Sweet #3

Overview

Salon owner Julie Stanford wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled, and spread out in front of her? Stuff dreams are made of. But the sexy guy was oblivious to the signals she was sending—until she finished off his final rub-down with something extra. In fact, the best extra he ever had. Unf...more
LaFleurBleue
The hot scenes were really really steamy.
The overall story is ok, though it could have been more developped and the characters could have had more dimensions. I felt there was too much talking about the other characters in the series and not enough focus on the two main characters for this one. And that was already an issue for the first book in the series.
I haven't read the second or fourth and will probably not as it once again deals with submission and masochism.
Rahma Mohamed
God, I just love everything in these series of books, really a smart writer ... I finished three of these books in maybe a week or a little more I don't know ,, But really Gray & Faith took my breath away that I was sure there's nothing like them then I get shocked when I found that Damon & Serena have my loyalty forever, I love Damon & Serena so much ... & If you asked me I love Julie & Nathan very very much too ... I don't know why people say they don't love Julie, Julie is...more
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Sweet Seduction begins with Julie finally doing something about her crush on Nathan. She does something crazy then she basically dismisses him. Nathan doesn't know what to do now to get to Julie especially since she's avoiding him. Not only that but he just learns she wants to go to Damon's club to get her sexually fantasies taken care of. Nathan can't let her be with someone else it has to be him.

These two go back and forth through out the whole book,...more
Cooljoker
2 STARS.

URRGH! Este libro casi hace que me deje la serie. Lo he pasado fatal leyéndolo. Solo tengo algo que decir sobre Julie, la protagonista.

En serio, ¿cómo se puede ser tan maleducada, cotilla y no tener gracia ninguna? No entiendo como alguien como Nathan pueda estar interesado en esa. Solo el escribir esta reseña me hace enfadarme. Julie se pasa el libro tan interesada en la vida de los demás que parece desesperada por atención. ¿No tiene ella vida propia? Nunca podría ser amiga de una pers...more
Erica
Very, very hot. I loved both of these characters and their dirty talk was absolutely amazing. The menage scenes were expertly crafted and so well-written. I could have easily read about Nathan and Julie for another 500 pages at least. Did I mention how hot this book was? If you are looking for an excellent menage with a lot of romance and emotion, this is the one. Great, great read!!!
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This was my favorite book in this series. Don't get me wrong,all books were all good, except for some parts of the BDSM that at some points got to be a bit much for me, but in my opinion this book was better and there wasn't really much of that heavy BDSM world. However, the sex and chemistry was more than steamy!
Another copy of 50 shades? 11 65 Feb 20, 2014 09:37AM
The World of Maya...: Sweet Seduction 11 34 Nov 29, 2013 07:29AM
The Happy Housewi...: Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3) 1 6 Oct 20, 2013 04:46PM
  • Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
  • Only Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #10)
  • Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Fall into You (Loving on the Edge, #3)
  • Raising Kane  (Rough Riders, #9)
  • Riding Temptation (Wild Riders, #2)
  • Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)

“I've always wanted to be psychoanalyzed in a den of iniquity.” 27 likes
“Do you know how impossible it is to ignore that woman? I'd have to be blind, deaf, and dumb not to notice.” 3 likes