Start by marking “How to Disappear Completely” as Want to Read:
How to Disappear Completely

Read Book

How to Disappear Completely

Sitting at the top of a Ferris wheel overlooking the Boston skyline, Josh’s life takes an unexpected turn, and things will never be the same. Along with the many surprises on his life’s new path, he’ll come to take life advice from a family of ducks, get in a bloody war with a dog, lose his job over a spilled drink, wake up in the hospital, apply to work at an adult-themed ...more
Published February 6th 2009

To ask other readers questions about How to Disappear Completely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Disappear Completely

Cat
Jun 19, 2014 Cat rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014, ebook
When I decided to download this free ebook, I wasn't expecting much from it. I had never heard of this author or his works before, so this was a sort of leap of faith. But I wasn't that worried with the possibility of not enjoying this because I didn't have to pay for it -- it wouldn't feel like waste of money if I didn't like the book.

Having said this, I actually had a really good time reading this rather sort ebook. The story is quite simple and is punctuated with very funny details. Maybe som
Steve
Jul 02, 2010 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
How To Disappear Completely wasn't all that interesting a story in my opinion, but Bowick makes it a blast to read. I was laughing out loud within the first minute of reading it.

After proposing to his girlfriend and being reject, the main character, Josh, is left to figure out what he really wants out of life. He quickly meets another woman and experiences quite the series of adventures before the story ends, but as I said before, it's the writing that makes this story truly entertaining.

Several
Amir Rozlan
Dec 29, 2010 Amir Rozlan rated it really liked it
Really easy to read - in fact the story is simple enough that, reading it on my iPod whenever I found myself with nothing else to do, I never lost track of the storyline and what had happened the last time I picked up my iPod for a short 10-minute read.

Although it was admittedly predictable towards the middle of the book, I still read on simply because Bowick made a story as simple as this so much fun to read! At times it was completely hillarious. I loved the satire in the book.

Never got bore
Antonio
Nov 01, 2010 Antonio rated it really liked it
I started this book not knowing exactly what I was reading thinking it was comedy. By the time I realised what I got into, It too late, This bastard tricked my into reading Romance. The first few chapters did have their funny moments then the story slowly started to take a slightly different direction.

The Author teased us a bit with what fact Josh seemed to be able to see into the future (dreaming about things before they happen). This was a bit out of place for the type of story this is, and I
Cameron
Jul 20, 2009 Cameron rated it it was ok
This book was not as described in the description when I got it off line for my e-book. I did enjoy the first 100 pages but then the story just started going down hill. I will give the author credit that even though the story was going down he is a good enough author that keeps you reading. He does a very good job at describing things in a unique way that seem very strange but yet very appropriate to the situation. For example.

The character is in the room with his girlfriend who just turned down
Nadz Jie
Mar 13, 2013 Nadz Jie rated it did not like it
I was only a few pages into this book when I realised how completely awful it was. But similar to how I watched an entire season of Lost just so I could tell people that I went on 24 dates with that bitch called Lost and she still didn't put out, I plowed my way through, teeth gnashing and my brow incredulously furrowed at just how bad a book can be.

The protagonist proposes to his girlfriend and is rejected. He then makes some dated references to MySpace, throws in some awful references to Radio
Jean
Jan 16, 2013 Jean rated it liked it
It was a really good light-hearted book. The plot is not that interesting but is the writing that does it, is hilarious, i even laughed out loud a couple times. The book is pretty short and you can read it in an afternoon. I reccommend it for anyone who just want to have a nice light reading and laugh a couple of times. It was nice. Kudos to the author.

Danics
Jun 18, 2012 Danics rated it really liked it
Very interesting book, which tells us the story of a young guy who happens to find love where he least expected. I could picture myself in this guy's skin several times while reading this story and found it quite enjoyable.
Metallisa
Aug 12, 2011 Metallisa rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I love the writing style and how the book basically had a "soundtrack". Loved it! :)
I Read
Apr 27, 2009 I Read rated it liked it
Shelves: love
The title of this book is what enticed me to read it and having just finished; I question whether the author’s choice suited the story as it doesn’t seem to correspond significantly enough, in my opinion.

Though the plot isn’t mind blowing, the writer’s comical style and interesting ways of presenting things, I thoroughly enjoyed. For me, the book filled its purpose: that was to have a light, relaxing read after having just finished a book which I found fairly taxing on the concentration. This is
Onyx
Dec 28, 2011 Onyx rated it liked it
Mack Hale
Nov 13, 2012 Mack Hale rated it really liked it

Honestly, I enjoyed the whole book. It was a fun way to tell a story with the main character, josh made by the author to narrate the story in a very dynamic way that I somehow was able to connect with. Frankly I was able to actually see myself in Josh. I'm like that guy. And for the story of this book, I couldn't find a better time of reading it other than now. I so was able to get the whole ordeal. i loved the ending. It's somewhat what I want mine to be but I probably wouldn't get

This review
Sylvia
Dec 26, 2012 Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When I read the title: "How To Disappear Completely", I thought I would learn how to disappear. But the cover was confusing me "Ducks", this could not be about disappearance So I decided to read it.

Bowick success to make it enjoyable reading, fun from the beginning and seduced me to continue reading till the end. The end is openly. The story is like based on a true story. it could happen to anybody.

Most Quote I really like it : "There is always the possibility of a better life with every chang
Afnan Aldimasi
Oct 20, 2012 Afnan Aldimasi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
After reading the first page I knew it, I will immediately become incapable of stopping myself from keeping on reading till the very last page. And I was right. The events were very unique and unpredictable, and that's what I enjoyed the most.
I come to realize how some of our fairy-tales fail to become true only because reality proves to provide more satisfaction, only if we notice it enough.
And although the title gives a specific impression, the situations faced by the main character give the i
Jessica Buike
Aug 01, 2011 Jessica Buike rated it really liked it
This book had plenty of interesting twists and turns, but it sometimes didn't flow very well, causing some confusion as to what was going on. Also, the formatting didn't work on my Nook, which means that words were cut in half or thirds, and sentences mashed together... which also made it difficult to read. However, formatting and flow aside, once I got the hang of reading the story it was a funny read!
Hussam Ali
Jul 31, 2012 Hussam Ali rated it liked it
Well, before reading the book, I have expected it to be deeper and more sophisticated even for a comedy book, but yet I have quite enjoyed the way it was written. Bowick had a brilliant way of describing events and encounters and I believe that there lies the beauty of the whole thing. I would recommend the book as delight and light read for a break after reading some heavy book.
Kirstyn
Jul 18, 2011 Kirstyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
I must learn the lesson of not judging books by their covers or titles. I thought this was going to be much better than it actually was. I disliked the main character and his arrogance, and I disliked much of what happened in the book. Throughout the book I was planning on rating it one star, but the ending kind of redeemed it and so here I am, rating it two stars. Bravo.
Ecatarina Grant
Apr 14, 2011 Ecatarina Grant rated it it was amazing
The book was excellent! Being a bit cliche in my explanation, but it did shed some light on the small stuff that can really change our interactions with people we think we know.

I was chuckling at the immediate start of the book and was surprised at how fast the read was! I will be purchasing a hard copy because i think this is one for the bookshelf!
John Bui
Jul 23, 2012 John Bui rated it really liked it
This is a funny book with a quirky, likeable protagonist. He'll get himself into a bunch of interesting situations and I found it amusing how he deals with all the bad luck that comes his way. This is a good book for light summer reading.
Sally
Jul 23, 2012 Sally rated it liked it
This book had a promising build up, and I was very interested in where it was going, but disappointed on the end result. I feel like there were parts written very well that resonated with me, but overall, I feel as though the ending was rushed.
Jan 23, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Great story told from the man's POV -- unusual (in my reading tastes) for me.

One of the BEST opening lines of any book I've ever read -- it set the tone for the story. I laughed, cringed, and shook my head along with the MMC and totally want to name my next dog Satan.
Renee
May 25, 2012 Renee rated it really liked it
Nurulain
Mar 29, 2011 Nurulain rated it it was ok
It's an ok-ish book. The story is okay, funny, a lot of humorous parts, but also a whole tons of repetitions. Not something that I would enthusiastically force you to read tho.
Zalary
May 02, 2011 Zalary rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011-read
I finished this book because it was short. I should have just given up. Cliched story with no substance or style.
Diogo
Aug 25, 2012 Diogo rated it really liked it
It's a good book, a simple story and it tells how you can cheat on someone and get cheated in a very organic way without the flourishes of movies that we see today.
Israa
Jun 01, 2012 Israa rated it really liked it
I tremendously enjoyed reading it. quite a story. the narrator is actually a smart guy whom I like and agree with most of his inner thoughts.
Ann General
Oct 04, 2012 Ann General rated it really liked it
this book is really funny. kinda light too. not too much, just a cute one.
Jenn Lennox
This author has a quirky way with words. Enjoyed it way more than i thought I would.
Jjones
Sep 04, 2011 Jjones rated it did not like it
Worst book ever.
Nigel Baker
May 04, 2011 Nigel Baker rated it really liked it
Not a genre I usually read, but an entertaining romance tale from the male perspective.
  • Beasts of New York
  • Beautiful Red
  • Dial M for Monkey
  • Geek Mafia
  • Catharsis
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • Sex God
  • The Chinese Parrot (Charlie Chan, #2)
  • The Taming of the Screw: How to Sidestep Several Million Homeowner's Problems
  • Cory Doctorow's Futuristic Tales Of The Here And Now
  • The Girl in the Trees
  • A Dream of Armageddon
  • Metropolis by Thea Von Harbou, Science Fiction
  • A-Babies Vs X-Babies #1
  • Some Of Us Had Been Threatening Our Friend Colby (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)
  • Star Wars: A New Hope Manga, Volume 1
  • Atlanta Nights
  • Our Lady of the Fishnet Stockings
I'm an Author, Music Producer, Singer, Songwriter, and Actor living in Los Angeles, CA. You're probably here because I wrote a book called How to Disapeear Completely which now has over 200,000 downloads, but I'm also a musician with 4 main musical projects in 4 different styles.

Alder is my solo project and my diary rolled into one. Ocelot Robot is a high energy rock band you can't help but have
More about David Bowick...

“There is always the possibility of a better life with every change that we face, but sometimes we have to look hard for it.” 13 likes
“It’s amazing how fast you can run when there’s a f**king rottweiler chasing you.” 11 likes