Start by marking “(Just Like) Starting Over” as Want to Read:
(Just Like) Starting Over

(Just Like) Starting Over

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
After a horrible car accident, Guillermo “Guy” Rivera doesn’t even remember who he is. Suffering from amnesia, bound to a wheelchair with a broken arm and a broken leg, he relies on his in-home caregiver, Dane Mathis, to help him with everything from bathing to eating. Guy wants Dane to be more than just a caregiver, but Dane keeps his distance.

Six months after their rela
ebook
Published 2008 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about (Just Like) Starting Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about (Just Like) Starting Over

Daisiemae
This book caught me by surprise. This author is a hit or miss with me. I have had this book in my TBR mountain for some time, and for some reason I bumped it up...I am glad I did.

Guy is recovering from a horrible car accident. He is suffering from injuries that is keeping his mobility hampered, so he must use a wheelchair to get around. Not only does he have hours of pain and physical therapy ahead of him, he is suffering from Amnesia, too. He doesn't remember the accident, or anything about his
Brenda (b)
Jul 20, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2-2009-read, 1-ebooks
OMG was this book captivating! I started reading it late at night, you know one of those deals where I was only going to read a chapter or two? Well, I got sucked in and couldn't make myself stop until the wee hours of the morning when I was too tired to keep my eyes open. I finished the last 30 or so pages the next day.

I loved the way the story unfolded and the more I read the more I wanted to know what was going to be revealed next. Guy was so confused without his memory and Dane took such goo
Kati
Jun 02, 2009 Kati rated it really liked it
What I liked about this book was that Dane's past, his decisions had consequences. Once you knew why he and Guillermo had split, you understood his reluctance to start their relationship anew without Guillermo remembering what had gone wrong between them the first time around. I liked the fact that there was no magical, instant solution for their problems, that it took time for both of them and especially for Dane to deal with stuff before they could both say that they were ready to get back tog ...more
Erotic Horizon
Jun 02, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Guillermo “Guy” Rivera, wakes up after an accident that leaves him with short term memory loss and finds himself with a caregiver that he wants to get closer to. Having no idea of their past relationship, he naturally acts on the attraction he feels for his caregiver. When he finds out that a lover was with him in the accident, he makes an instant decision - go with your heart.

Dane Mathis broke up with his long time boyfriend six months ago, only to find himself now his main caretaker after a s
Kimmy
Oct 23, 2012 Kimmy rated it really liked it
Riveting. Serious issues deftly handled. (Although I considered taking a half star off for the unfortunate cover art.)

"Thank you.”
"For what?” Guy managed.
..."The second chance.”
Guy shook his head. “You did that. Made your own second chance.”
Elisa Rolle
I like a lot this short novel by Pepper Espinoza. It's really angst, it's not a simple and sweet romance, but I like it.

Guillermo Rivera, Guy, is a 27 years old Spanish MBA student; while he is in United States he had a bad car accident. Now, one month after, he not only has bad injuries that force him in a wheelchair, he has also a short term amnesia. He doesn't remember his previous life, nor who he knows or doesn't know in this stranger country. He needs a caregiver and lucky him he has Dane.
Bkrdr
Sep 15, 2012 Bkrdr rated it liked it
Good read but I was bothered by a few things. (view spoiler) ...more
OkayKim
Mar 02, 2015 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
Don't care much for the cover, but I really enjoyed this one.
Familiar with the disease, and know that one can change if they decide to follow through with the treatment. I like second chance story's, and Dane really went the distance with this one.
Natalija
Sep 29, 2013 Natalija rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
So far, this is the best book I've read by this author. A very emotional and affecting story about healing, forgiveness and second chances. It is guaranteed to tug at your heartstrings and bring tears to your eyes. Highly recommended!
Veronica /  V
Mar 19, 2011 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
no much fan of the cover but nice story.
Amanda
Dena
Jan 26, 2013 Dena rated it really liked it
3.5*
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Pikafr
Pikafr added it
Mar 18, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Mar 17, 2016
Miep
Miep marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Karla
Karla rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Luna Kumite
Luna Kumite marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Sofía
Sofía marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Good_danto
Good_danto marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Nik
Nik marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Nana
Nana marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Eolia
Eolia marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
B
B rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
  • Blind Faith
  • Joshua's Muse
  • Sweet Reunion (Sutter's Bay, #1)
  • Sweet Treats (Sweet Perfection, #1)
  • Second Sight
  • Once Upon a Veterinarian
  • Permanently Legless
  • Here Be Dragons (Dragons, #1)
  • The Charlie Factor (Beach Duo, #1)
  • Barely Undercover
  • Persistence of Memory
  • Fabulous Brits
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • Belonging (Firsts & Forever #8)
  • White-Knuckled Moments
  • Bad Case of Loving You
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Snow Angel
Pepper Espinoza has published several books with Liquid Silver Books, including The Zebra Wore Fishnets and The Zebra Wore Red Stockings, Amber Quill Press, Whiskey Creek Press, and Samhain Publishing. She currently lives in Utah with her husband and two cats. She hopes to complete her Masters degree in Literature in May, 2008.

Ms. Espinoza also collaborates with Vivien Dean, and they publish as Ja
More about Pepper Espinoza...