Start by marking “(Just Like) Starting Over” as Want to Read:
(Just Like) Starting Over

(Just Like) Starting Over

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  13 reviews
After a horrible car accident, Guillermo “Guy” Rivera doesn’t even remember who he is. Suffering from amnesia, bound to a wheelchair with a broken arm and a broken leg, he relies on his in-home caregiver, Dane Mathis, to help him with everything from bathing to eating. Guy wants Dane to be more than just a caregiver, but Dane keeps his distance.

Six months after their rela
Published 2008 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about (Just Like) Starting Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about (Just Like) Starting Over

This book caught me by surprise. This author is a hit or miss with me. I have had this book in my TBR mountain for some time, and for some reason I bumped it up...I am glad I did.

Guy is recovering from a horrible car accident. He is suffering from injuries that is keeping his mobility hampered, so he must use a wheelchair to get around. Not only does he have hours of pain and physical therapy ahead of him, he is suffering from Amnesia, too. He doesn't remember the accident, or anything about his
Brenda (b)
OMG was this book captivating! I started reading it late at night, you know one of those deals where I was only going to read a chapter or two? Well, I got sucked in and couldn't make myself stop until the wee hours of the morning when I was too tired to keep my eyes open. I finished the last 30 or so pages the next day.

I loved the way the story unfolded and the more I read the more I wanted to know what was going to be revealed next. Guy was so confused without his memory and Dane took such goo
What I liked about this book was that Dane's past, his decisions had consequences. Once you knew why he and Guillermo had split, you understood his reluctance to start their relationship anew without Guillermo remembering what had gone wrong between them the first time around. I liked the fact that there was no magical, instant solution for their problems, that it took time for both of them and especially for Dane to deal with stuff before they could both say that they were ready to get back tog ...more
Erotic Horizon
Guillermo “Guy” Rivera, wakes up after an accident that leaves him with short term memory loss and finds himself with a caregiver that he wants to get closer to. Having no idea of their past relationship, he naturally acts on the attraction he feels for his caregiver. When he finds out that a lover was with him in the accident, he makes an instant decision - go with your heart.

Dane Mathis broke up with his long time boyfriend six months ago, only to find himself now his main caretaker after a s
Riveting. Serious issues deftly handled. (Although I considered taking a half star off for the unfortunate cover art.)

"Thank you.”
"For what?” Guy managed.
..."The second chance.”
Guy shook his head. “You did that. Made your own second chance.”
Elisa Rolle
I like a lot this short novel by Pepper Espinoza. It's really angst, it's not a simple and sweet romance, but I like it.

Guillermo Rivera, Guy, is a 27 years old Spanish MBA student; while he is in United States he had a bad car accident. Now, one month after, he not only has bad injuries that force him in a wheelchair, he has also a short term amnesia. He doesn't remember his previous life, nor who he knows or doesn't know in this stranger country. He needs a caregiver and lucky him he has Dane.
Good read but I was bothered by a few things. (view spoiler) ...more
Don't care much for the cover, but I really enjoyed this one.
Familiar with the disease, and know that one can change if they decide to follow through with the treatment. I like second chance story's, and Dane really went the distance with this one.
So far, this is the best book I've read by this author. A very emotional and affecting story about healing, forgiveness and second chances. It is guaranteed to tug at your heartstrings and bring tears to your eyes. Highly recommended!
Veronica /  V
no much fan of the cover but nice story.
Feb 20, 2012 dx rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
Luna Kumite
Luna Kumite marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Sofía marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Nina marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Good_danto marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Nik marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Nana marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Eolia marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Derynmorin1970 marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
  • Blind Faith
  • Sweet Reunion (Sutter's Bay, #1)
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • Ashton and Justice
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Permanently Legless
  • Joshua's Muse
  • Second Sight
  • The Charlie Factor (Beach Duo, #1)
  • Power Play
  • Wheels
  • Sweet Treats (Sweet Perfection, #1)
  • Once Upon a Veterinarian
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
  • Barely Undercover
  • Bad Case of Loving You
  • The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)
  • January: Miami's Perfect Weekend (Calendar Boys, #1)
Pepper Espinoza has published several books with Liquid Silver Books, including The Zebra Wore Fishnets and The Zebra Wore Red Stockings, Amber Quill Press, Whiskey Creek Press, and Samhain Publishing. She currently lives in Utah with her husband and two cats. She hopes to complete her Masters degree in Literature in May, 2008.

Ms. Espinoza also collaborates with Vivien Dean, and they publish as Ja
More about Pepper Espinoza...